The spotlight iPod app

agentundercover

When is it coming? Calender, info on clubs and ticket buying at the least. Make it happen it's what the kids are in to I'm told.

Sent from my iPhone etc etc

More useful would just be a PDA/smartphone optimized version of the calendar that can be viewed via whatever web browser you've got in your device.

That way, it could be accessed by people with Symbian (Nokia), Windows Mobile, webOS (Palm) and these fancy new Android (Google) phones, as well as the iPhone and small internet devices like the iPod Touch, etc.

Symbian-based phones are still way way ahead of any other mobile operating system in terms of sales and usage. iPhones are just trendy for you kids today.

I use a WinMo phone myself (the HTC HD2... it rocks)

i think james had a look at this, the main one would be the calendar but, on my iphone, there is no way of making the calendar more user-friendly than it already is.........when viewing it just through the internet browser.

if someone wants to have a go at making one for us, all offers/ideas are welcomed!

i have the green, completely organic bio version

apple+i-pod.JPG

On a side. If anyone has free upgrade to a Iphone 3Gs and wants to sell it to me at a reasonable price, pm me please :)

Oh, and the application is a good idea :lol:

nice one morbs, looks good.....but the point still stands, its easier to just view the calendar via the internet, than have to select from drop down menus, etc, etc.

Ya, but something like this would work well on all mobile platforms, not just your iPhone or my HD2 which have larger screens and easily zoom in/out

And I'm not suggesting you make a separate application. Just an optimized web page, so you'd still be viewing the calender on the internet. Just a separate URL like www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates/mobile

With you all the way brother :) My trusty HTC tytn II is running Wndows mobile 6.5 and it kicks ass.
Have you ever checked out the site XDA-Developers? Every time I get a new WinMo phone (just switched last week from the Samsung i780 to the HTC HD2) I spend a few days trawling through this site for all kinds of random tweaks, modifications and programs to load on the phone. It's strangely addicting if you're at all techy. They have a section of stuff in the forum for each specific HTC model.

I love WinMo because a) it syncs perfectly with Exchange/Outlook for all your mail, etc. which of the others only Blackberry does right and b) it's completely customizable.

Have you ever checked out the site XDA-Developers? Every time I get a new WinMo phone (just switched last week from the Samsung i780 to the HTC HD2) I spend a few days trawling through this site for all kinds of random tweaks, modifications and programs to load on the phone. It's strangely addicting if you're at all techy. They have a section of stuff in the forum for each specific HTC model.

I love WinMo because a) it syncs perfectly with Exchange/Outlook for all your mail, etc. which of the others only Blackberry does right and b) it's completely customizable.

that might as well have been written in Russian for all the sense it makes to me!

Someting to do with a homo crawling up a blackberry?

I've just looked at the calender & yes, it is pretty ok on an Iphone (although an mobile viewed specific one would be an improvement of course), however posting can be a pain.....you need Spotlight/Quickpost app.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wasted two days of my life rummaging around there at xmas to get a decent working win mob 6.5 with the correct radio version etc. I was so impressed I made a donation to the site:oops: I then received some rude comments saying I was simply another tourist wanting a flash phone and was not a real developer who was not willing to put the time in to do things myself!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Wasted two days of my life rummaging around there at xmas to get a decent working win mob 6.5 with the correct radio version etc. I was so impressed I made a donation to the site:oops: I then received some rude comments saying I was simply another tourist wanting a flash phone and was not a real developer who was not willing to put the time in to do things myself!!
:lol:

I've yet to get flamed for not being a software developer. :lol: But I have found some great little free apps and tweaks in there this week. And the latest WinMo version for my phone (which originally came in Russian so anyway I needed to flash an English ROM onto it).

Back