The Ruturn of the Boy Bands!!!!

jaycranney

I know for some of you (me for certain) this might seem like the title of one of the scariest horror movies, but it aint.

I was watching Al Murry last night and New Kids on the Block (or NKOTB, for all the cool kids out there ;)) were singing on it.

I don't know if any of you seen it, but they were a joke!! They sang 'we are the champions' by queen and I actually had to turn the sound down. I mean they looked ridiculous. I wish all these 'boy bands' would give it up and move on! A bunch of guys in their early 40's who STILL can't sing looking like they bought all their clothes out of Topman.

Now I'm a guy who's glass is half full most of the time, but these boy bands (more like man bands) getting back together is something that really gets on my t!ts!

Any one agree?

J

I imagine we will fall under a hail of bullets here m8, but I agree entirely.

If ever there was a crime deserving of the death penalty, being a member of a crappy boy band should be that crime.

I was never a big boy band fan, sort of liked Take That, East 17 etc :lol:

But I never went as far as seeing any in concert. And I dont get the big fuss out of them getting back together.

I think they are all getting on Take Thats bandwagon.

The worst comeback of all has to be Boyzone. I saw their first "comeback" appearance on TV about a year ago, they were all chubby, haggard, and DEFINATELY not a boy band! It was hilarious. Now obviously their management has told them to beef up a bit, they've all got these super enormous muscles - what a joke!

article-0-0162C2BE00000578-601_468x321_popup.jpg

Hurray for Jonny! :lol::lol:

No but seriously... none of these guys had any talent in the first place so why bother having another go at it 15years later?

Maybe I should start a petition banning them...

J

My concern is that every fifteen years or so, the same 'boy' bands will crop up for another mini-comeback which means that it's going to be at least another forty five years or so until it becomes properly worth watching.

ie: An octogenarian Howard Donald attempts to bust one of his trademark moves on-stage and inadvertantly busts both hips and a knee instead whilst the other members of Take That mill round in a state of utter confustion, blowing off and looking for the red pull-cord.

Now that's a show.

My concern is that every fifteen years or so, the same 'boy' bands will crop up for another mini-comeback which means that it's going to be at least another forty five years or so until it becomes properly worth watching.

ie: An octogenarian Howard Donald attempts to bust one of his trademark moves on-stage and inadvertantly busts both hips and a knee instead whilst the other members of Take That mill round in a state of utter confustion, blowing off and looking for the red pull-cord.

Now that's a show.

I would without a doubt pay to see that :)

J

The boy/girl band phenomenon is absolutely out of time...I experienced loads of genres during my life, but I definitely decided thet Goth-Metal fulfils my musical tastes. (Epica & Nightwish rock !!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back