The people of ibiza

L

LokiUS530

How are the people of ibiza lol. Are they nice or are they shady towards tourists?

LokiUS530 said:
How are the people of ibiza lol. Are they nice or are they shady towards tourists?

I've never had any problems, treat locals how you would expect to be treated in your home country. It's easy to go to Ibiza and think it is just going to be sex and drugs and all what is portrayed in programmes like Ibiza Uncovered :rolleyes: but it's not all like that and as long as you give the island and the people who live there the respect it deserves you'll be fine :D

sounds great! Also is crime a concern.... aka do i need to watch my wallet haha.... Yeah i've never seen ibiza uncovered but i've seen stuff on VH1 in the states..... those undercovered things suck... that's why nyc nightlife sucks now :x :x :x :evil: :D

doesn't nyc nightlife suck because the mayor hates clubs/drugs/smoking/loud music?
all the locals i met were very friendly...without the tourists, they wouldn't have as many jobs, so i guess it pays for them to be friendly

lol it's our WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL president (o wait aren't i forced to say that) who keeps the drugs off the street (yeah right) and shuts parties down and clubs in the name of the WAR ON DRUGS (hasn't worked with drugs, just ruined good music and clubs) lol yeah it can't be worse then nyc in ibiza

well, to be honest, not everybody is welcome for
the ibiza residents (like me).
there are groups (like english hooligans, agresive
italians, and bad behavioured german) that
should stay at home 8)

aww well i'm from the us but i know how to behave.... it's alot stricter here in the states so we aren't used to getting drunk off our ass and walking down the streets and trashing things till no degree because we have our wonderfull mayor in nyc who likes to keep us controlled to the point where we can't even be drunk on the street (neverless wreck stuff) lol so i hope i'd be welcome in ibiza! i have respect i guess but HEY! i have friends from germany, britain, and italy who have great respect!! :x lol but honestly i understand cause here in NJ the nyc people come down for the summer, since we don't have stormtroopers like nyc we can't controll them and they TRASH ourtown, puke on our lawns (along with other bodly functions) litter our beach (mostly the reason for out nick name) and they pollute our waters :D so i completly understand why you guys don't like some people..... that's why i asked if the locals are nice lol! But the only thing i don't know is spanish.. soemone sent me a great sight to learn some spanish so i think i might learn some... bey bye

technoboy said:
well, to be honest, not everybody is welcome for
the ibiza residents (like me).
there are groups (like english hooligans, agresive
italians, and bad behavioured german) that
should stay at home 8)

Yeah, it's a shame really.

However, regarding the hooligans, someone allowed these tacky bars to open in the first place didn't they? - surely they should hold some of the blame!

the ibizan people have really been nice, they tend to be really mean towards a certain group og englishmen with football shirts on, or those who dont wear any shirt when dining (!) - but thats completely understandable. As long as you treat them with respect and act like a normal person and not some twat on holiday, then you´ll be fine.

i'm sure i won't treat them liek soem "twats" lmao when i'm there well they seem like normal people lol

be sure to bring along some small 'offerings' such as beads, shells, playing cards, feathers, that type of thing, and maybe one of the tribal chiefs will allow you to marry a couple of his daughters.

don't, whatever you do, try to convert them to christianity or from cannibalism.

djb

Back