The Palmyra Hotel - Dr Flemings

Dirk

Did anyone stay there this year? If so has it been done up? I have heard they had extensive work carried out and need to know what it is like.

McCrackin, any chance of a photo? :D

I stayed at the Palmyra Hotel in 2001 and the Palmyra Apartments in 2002. Both at the time were in need of refurbishment :confused: As far as I know the hotel has been refurbished. You can view the rooms in the Thomson Summer sun Brochure or check their website: www.thomson-holidays.co.uk - they look much better.

Both the Palmyra Blocks are a fab location but I see Thomson are not doing the apartments this year and the hotel is over prices considering the quality :eek:

Cheers Fraz. I have stayed in the hotel on three occasions before. It is a good base as you can get a good kip when needed and it's very clean.

We tend to hire a car and go to different beaches, but it is handy for Bar M and Cafe Del Mar in the evenings. (Also not forgetting the Wips terrace!) :D

We stayed at the apartments this sumer again for the 4th time and although I had read on here that work on them had been carried out, there was very little difference, possibly only the hotel. In saying that still a very good place to stay, superb location in San an, and the chill out cushions in the bar below the apartments are cool.

Dirk.... i stayed there in august it has been done up?? its quite modern now! very very clean and the staff nice and friendly???

Try and get a high room unless you will be woken up by the entertainment at about 11am.
it starts about 9pm again so i had no chance of a kip before going out as my room was on the first floor...
hope this helps mate.

Cheers folks. I got a room facing the sea on the top floor. I know what you mean by the 'entertainment'. Gave us a good laugh sometimes at night from our balcony after a night of excess, but I could have shot them during the day!

Anyone got photos? The prices have gone right up with Thomsons now asking £900 each a month. A few hundred more get's you Pikes!

there is an interview in the diario de ibiza today with the owner of palmyra becaue his hotel
has been voted by the tourists of thomson as the best 3 star among the hotels thomson
works with in ibiza. here is him posing with the award:

antoni prats --->
19Local.jpg

he says that the hotel was renovated this year and is awaiting 4 star status for 2004 - when
it will celebrate its 40th anniversary :!:

367522.jpg

Palmyra Hotel

I stayed here with my boyfriend in 2000, obviously before renovations. The decor was a little dated then, but it was extremely good standard of accommodation and in a spot-on location. Would definitely go back here, and it's nice to know it has been renovated since! Must go and take a nosy this year when I am over!!

jazzfunk said:
Dirk.... i stayed there in august it has been done up?? its quite modern now! very very clean and the staff nice and friendly???

Try and get a high room unless you will be woken up by the entertainment at about 11am.
it starts about 9pm again so i had no chance of a kip before going out as my room was on the first floor...
hope this helps mate.

Have fond memories of last august stayed in a chalet type room near the pool and had the speaker for the entertainment outside my room. Hate the song Safri Duo - Played Alive came on every morning at 11 and woke us up!!! :x :x

jazzfunk said:

hope this helps mate.

have to agree i stayed there two years ago and the entertainment drove me crazy, it started with the same tune at 10 o'clock every morning, sometimes i had only been in my bed for a few hours, and then at about 9pm the same tune came on again just as i was trying to get a quick sleep b4 going out.

Back