- The Pacha imperium is for sale - *UPDATE: SOLD!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trilantic Capital Partners was formed in 2009 by five founding partners, all of whom worked together at Lehman Brothers Merchant Banking.

There goes the neighborhood!

I wouldn't be so sure. These guys are out to enhance their investment, not kill it. People always think the worst when companies get purchased by a Private Equity firm. A firm like Trilantic obviously wanted a mature established brand, with strong revenue generation, but (maybe) in need of some revitalisation (in some parts of the group). Without boring you all to pieces and being uncool, my guess would be that the Ibiza venue and brand is so strong that they'll not change it much, but use it to enhance the rest of the portfolio, and build more hotels, leisure stuff using the brand. When you have a brand as strong as Pacha Ibiza, its amazing how weak some of their other venues are across the World.

I wouldn't be so sure. These guys are out to enhance their investment, not kill it. People always think the worst when companies get purchased by a Private Equity firm. A firm like Trilantic obviously wanted a mature established brand, with strong revenue generation, but (maybe) in need of some revitalisation (in some parts of the group). Without boring you all to pieces and being uncool, my guess would be that the Ibiza venue and brand is so strong that they'll not change it much, but use it to enhance the rest of the portfolio, and build more hotels, leisure stuff using the brand. When you have a brand as strong as Pacha Ibiza, its amazing how weak some of their other venues are across the World.

The "enhance their investment" is the part that scares me. Whenever private equity firm are involved, it seems EDM is not too far behind. But as long as the management team is in it for the right reasons, it should be ok.

where´s my ibiza?

morning dayparties ... over
space ... over
bora bora ... maybe over without music
pacha ... sold ... what means that in the future?
people in the past ... chillin´groovy people from all corners of the world ... with money without money .. the celebrate together
people now ... big spenders ... vip´s ... vip silver .. vip gold .. no entry here ... this lane for you ... beer 15 euros ... hey you need the young party people around you to be "a big boss" ;)

thoughtful ?!?!?!
but i hope the best for our lovely island ...

... oh my favourite keywords ... "a profit driven company" ... their new "businessplans" ... and so on ...
that in combination with local politics (for example beach bars which are not allowed to play house music we love) are like a bad virus for the whole party community ... (and i mean the whole community ... the poor, the rich, the white, the black, the beautiful and the beasts, the dancers and the watchers ... over 20 years i met people with one goal -> lets have a perfect time here - right now with all - who are you ?!? doesnt matter ... and now many can proove if they fit in any "business plans" or where they can go on the island ... " i can´t meet susan tonight ... she is "vip orange" and i am "normal damn clubber darkblue" .. i can´t go over to her" there are 8 securities ... but we have whatsAPP :-(

... oh my favourite keywords ... "a profit driven company" ... their new "businessplans" ... and so on ...

I think we are all being a bit naive here if we think everything in Ibiza was done as 'non-profit' - I mean come on. Pacha and Space were never run like UNICEF - and rightly so.

My point above was that you don't invest $350M in an entertainment brand and turn it into supermarket...

This was in The Times of London a week back.... Maybe still relevent, maybe not ;)

Ibiza stalwart targeting the new hip youngsters, aged 45

Pacha Group plans to open 25 hotels and spa resorts around the world

It spawned the age of super clubs and helped to turn Ibiza from hippy hideaway to a hip getaway for the clubbing generation. Now, almost 50 years after it started, Pacha is a global enterprise about to start its biggest expansion with London in its sights.

Pacha Group plans to open 25 hotels and spa resorts around the world, modelled on its own brand which is symbolised by its cherry logo.

London is seen by the Spanish company as one of the most important target markets. Marco Frisina, marketing director, is targeting a “new young generation” in the city aged 38 to 45, who are seen to have more money than millennials and more experience.

Pacha began with a small club in Sitges, near Barcelona, in 1967 and opened in Ibiza in 1973. It has 2,200 staff worldwide and plans to franchise the hotels and spas to local partners but will employ a brand manager to make sure they comply with its specifications.

Each hotel will include a restaurant called El Baile (Spanish for dance), a bistro named Sweet Pacha, a spa and a shop that sells accessories connected with the club in Ibiza.

Pacha is investigating locations and partners and aims to open six hotels by 2020 and the rest by 2025.

Hotels will open in Britain, Spain, France and Italy. In Latin America, it is planning new hotels in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. China and Japan are two targets in Asia.

There are no plans, however, to open more clubs at this stage.

Pacha consists of clubs including in Spain, Germany, Australia, Brazil and China, hotels, restaurants, a magazine, a record label and accessories shops.

With a turnover last year of €78 million Pacha made an €11 million profit. It hopes to increase turnover by between 8 and 10 per cent this year.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ibiza-stalwart-targeting-the-new-hip-youngsters-aged-45-vq5vg3n5q

I think we are all being a bit naive here if we think everything in Ibiza was done as 'non-profit' - I mean come on. Pacha and Space were never run like UNICEF - and rightly so.

My point above was that you don't invest $350M in an entertainment brand and turn it into supermarket...

thats right ... everyone wants his profit ... for years BUT
in the past everyone could choose (or build his own ibiza week construction kit :)
of one or two expensive days and 3 times having fun at bora bora listen loud music and hang around ... go to sankeys or whatever ...
but in the future i´m afraid that you have less options ... edm here edm there same mp3 here same mp3 there ... same 15 euro beer ... 250 euro sunbed with a bottle or go away ... and so on ... is it possible for you then OK .. if not .. its your problem ... the wrong direction i think ... there must be possibilities for all clubbers when a music and partyhotspot would stay a place for music lovers and that great community it was for years... two of my friends said that 2017 would be the first year without visiting ibiza... thats crazy (i never thought that - they are hardcore ibiza people!)

and PACHA / UNICEF :_) ... you are right ... it was not cheap but to pacha i had always good connections ... i paid always the same amount for ten years ! i think thats OK... and Pacha is a special night always...

One thing worth remembering, they didnt pay 350m for PAcha Ibiza, they paid it for the whole company/brand and while the Ibiza one has a unique vibe about it, a lot of the other ones are completely different and run as profit making machines. Pacha London was awful when i went and charged me £35 for the privilege of a dreadful RnB and commercial house night with terrible DJs. I've heard pretty bad things about quite a few other ones too. Thats not a criticism, I'm just saying that the new owners may milk the brand just as much as the old ones did and keep the Ibiza venue as the same sort it is now.

Well I think we can all live with it if the new owners just use the brand to open hotels all over the world as long as they keep the atmosphere and ethos of the ibiza club.
This will depend mainly on who will run the place in ibiza. As these are business people and investors they will appoint someone to run the club, just like matutes do with yann pissenem. any rumours on who it'll be or will even some of the urgell children stay in the club and take care of it under new ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back