THE LIFT SOUNDSYSTEM

Saturday 13 March 2004

8pm – 2am
@ The Retreat
Upper Street
London N1
Tube: Angel
Free before 10pm / £8 thereafter / £5 concessions

DEMPSEY & BUCKLEY (THE LIFT SOUNDSYSTEM)
JON ARTHUR(LAIDBACK)
MARK SUN (IWBRNT)

After the love-in that was Valentines Day with THE LIFT SOUNDSYSTEM, we return to the scene of the crimes (you know who you are you naughty, dirty people). Once again we provide the soundtrack for your Saturday night, this time with your residents DEMPSEY & BUCKLEY and JON ARTHUR joined by ‘It WOULD BE RUDE NOT TO’ head honcho and “SO…” favourite MARK SUN. Do yourself a favour – don’t miss out!

See you in the lift! Going up!

For guest-lift: retreat@liftparties.co.uk / name and email for all guests

A mate is playing a boat party that night otherwise I would have tried to make it along to this mate.
Will be at Turnmills later that night if anyone is around, Jo Mills playing.

Stu Hirst said:
A mate is playing a boat party that night otherwise I would have tried to make it along to this mate.
Will be at Turnmills later that night if anyone is around, Jo Mills playing.

What boat party Stu? Is it the Pukka Up one? Who's the DJ? Is that enough questions?

Yeah, the Pukka Up one. It's my mate Neil playing (Davidson), then onto Turnmills.
Hope the Retreat goes well, maybe catch you for a beer at some point if you're out and about.

Stu Hirst said:
Yeah, the Pukka Up one. It's my mate Neil playing (Davidson), then onto Turnmills.
Hope the Retreat goes well, maybe catch you for a beer at some point if you're out and about.

That'd be good mate......Retreat should be pretty busy I reckon so all good.............

Neilly said:
Buckley said:
What boat party Stu? Is it the Pukka Up one? Who's the DJ? Is that enough questions?

That would be me! :D

Aha..that Neil.....how's it going? Good luck with the boat thing.....pop into the Retreat for a beer early on if you have time before you sail...........

Buckley said:
Neilly said:
Buckley said:

Aha..that Neil.....how's it going? Good luck with the boat thing.....pop into the Retreat for a beer early on if you have time before you sail...........

Cheers Buckley! Things are going good. The boat party should be a good laugh, I did one for them last year and it was a really good party.

We set sail at 7pm so I won't make the Retreat - have a good one though... ;)

Neilly said:
Buckley said:
Neilly said:
Buckley said:

Cheers Buckley! Things are going good. The boat party should be a good laugh, I did one for them last year and it was a really good party.

We set sail at 7pm so I won't make the Retreat - have a good one though... ;)

No probs - happy sailing?

Did you have anything to do with the Pukka Up boat pre-parties in Ibiza last suumer?

Buckley said:
No probs - happy sailing?

Did you have anything to do with the Pukka Up boat pre-parties in Ibiza last suumer?

Ta!

I didn't, no. I did a Thames boat party/Annexo party for them back in July. Mark has mentioned being involved in their Ibiza plans this year though, but I'll wait and see...

Just a little reminder, seeing as we're a day away.....just sorting set times now...............who's out after btw, and where? I think I might be after a big night out and enough people want to go somewhere I'll sort a concessions list......................

Buckley said:
Just a little reminder, seeing as we're a day away.....just sorting set times now...............who's out after btw, and where? I think I might be after a big night out and enough people want to go somewhere I'll sort a concessions list......................

any ideas what time mark's playing?
a few of us should be there for 8pm -9.30pm...
...were then doing pacha..
cheers.x

kitty (aka meaow) said:
Buckley said:

any ideas what time mark's playing?
a few of us should be there for 8pm -9.30pm...
...were then doing pacha..
cheers.x

Just confirmed:

Mark Sun - 8 until a) he needs the loo
b) he gets bored (unlikely - da music? He lurves it!)
c) 10.30 or 11.00pm

Dempsey and Buckley - 10.30/11.00 pm - 12midnight

Jon Arthur - 12 -1

Mark Sun 1-close (2 ish)

Ok everyone?

Buckley said:
Just confirmed:

Mark Sun - 8 until a) he needs the loo
b) he gets bored (unlikely - da music? He lurves it!)
c) 10.30 or 11.00pm

Dempsey and Buckley - 10.30/11.00 pm - 12midnight

Jon Arthur - 12 -1

Mark Sun 1-close (2 ish)

Ok everyone?

Yay :D Shall be there at 8 on the dot :D

Right folks - I'm offski - got an afternoon luncheon thing for an old boss. Dull as hell, but lots of industry peeps in attendance So....might be worthwhile.

Hope to see you all tomorrow - get down early to see the lad Sun - he's bit special you you know! (and not in a Mummy always said he was different/not like the other kids way!)

I'll prolly be the one limping or bruised - another grudge match tomorrow......see yaaaaa! xx

Well how funking good was last night :D

Mark Sun you are indeed the man :D It was like you were playing a Babs' fave tunes ever set ;)

Buckley, top night, thankyou :D

And great to see some old and new faces down there (special mentions to Kitty and Charlie :D )

Bring on the next one :D

Barbie said:
Well how funking good was last night :D

Mark Sun you are indeed the man :D It was like you were playing a Babs' fave tunes ever set ;)

Buckley, top night, thankyou :D

And great to see some old and new faces down there (special mentions to Kitty and Charlie :D )

Bring on the next one :D

Cheers Babs - you're a darling. A pleasure, as always, to see you and Tom. Amazed you kept to the not getting trashed or going to The Ministry!

Kitty - lovely to meet you and your friends. How was Pacha?

Midlife - we finally meet and can't remember whether you're meant to be my nemesis or my protege, eh? Thanks for coming - hope you and Mrs ML enjoyed yourself. Dunno why but I'd imagined you to have a strong Northern accent :lol:

Mark - on top form as usual - thank you very much indeed. You made plenty of new fans. Let us know when the photos are available.....

We went to Egg afterwards - only the middle floor was busy but it was ok. I shot off to see 'the current' into a taxi to Gatwick about 6, the rest of the club (it seemed) arrived at mine shortly afterwards! Carrying a suitcase to a cab at 8am on a Sun morning, in the suburbs, while suitably 'refreshed' and being cheered by a bunch of club loons while doing so, is quite surreal. Carried on the party until 1am this morning, but luckily TWFM means I feel ok.........

Midlife - we finally meet and can't remember whether you're meant to be my nemesis or my protege, eh? Thanks for coming - hope you and Mrs ML enjoyed yourself. Dunno why but I'd imagined you to have a strong Northern accent :lol:

Buckley - good to meet you too, we had a great time (and judging from the pictures, a very enjoyable time).... Strong Northern accent... :eek: :eek: ...more like Kenneth Williams... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Didn't meet the 'current' but presume she's the blonde cute pixie girl from the photos ? :D :D

Back