The "I survived Fabric's 10th Birthday" Thread

MiniMarc

Well seeing as this monster rave is a bit of a Ron Burgondy on the London clubbing circuit I thought it would deserve its own thread that isnt in the International Parties section cos no one apart from Promoters really look at it!
Im going to bed now , beers are in fridge as are redbulls , taxi coiming at 10.30 ,supplies sorted. Im abit scared but should be fun.Theres all sorts of rumours about sets and who might turn up so will report back at some point. Play safe kids

What's with all the 15 mins past the hour stuff?! - Far too organised! :eek:

Sunday

Room 1

19h45 - 10h15 - Steve Bug
10h15 - 11h15 - Daniel Bell (live)
11h15 - 1h15 - Ricardo Villalobos
1h15 - 3h00 - Craig Richards b2b Ricardo Villalobos
3h00 - 4h00 - Terry Francis
4h00 - 5h00 - Craig Richards

Room 2

21h00-23h30 - Daniel Wang
23h30 - 2h30 - Rub N Tug

What's with all the 15 mins past the hour stuff?! - Far too organised! :eek:

Sunday

Room 1

19h45 - 10h15 - Steve Bug
10h15 - 11h15 - Daniel Bell (live)
11h15 - 1h15 - Ricardo Villalobos
1h15 - 3h00 - Craig Richards b2b Ricardo Villalobos
3h00 - 4h00 - Terry Francis
4h00 - 5h00 - Craig Richards

Room 2

21h00-23h30 - Daniel Wang
23h30 - 2h30 - Rub N Tug

did you pop along robert?

just got back.. Feel very rough

Sorry didnt manage to see you Mark, did you go back in after you went east?

Will probably get slaughtered for this but didn't like Villalobos set at 12 midday (im sure not helped by the state he was in!), however the DJs playing in the afternoon were unbelievable. I think one of them was Steve Bug.. awesome music, quite melodic. Atmosphere in main room was electric.

right, im off sick tomorrow, so anyone on facebook, please no tagging or any wall comments relating to last night.. ta ;)

just read it was also Ivan Smagghe playing on sunday afternoon.. legend

ps: bucking bronco in room two all day. very surreal

well i cant help but be just a little bit dissapointed purely cos the whole club wasnt open and there were no guest djs but it was a great afternoon's raving. I think best set for me goes to Ivan Smagge. I think it was Terry Francis who played a belting old vocal set , Doc Martin too. We were in a bit of a state for a while im pretty sure the undercover security were following us round cos caught this guy shining a torch on me a few times which is normaly the sign u are about to be ejected!
There was no queue and the club was a nice capacity , started to get busy again around 5pm.Attempts to meet any spotlighter's failed but hope everyone had a good time etc

Did a Midday Sunday - 3am Monday shift.

Had a really good day out and nice to see the place a bit sparser than normal and nice to just have a wander around and take it all in and bump into people.

Musically there were a few highlights, including most of the main room for the earlier part of the Sunday afternoon. RV took a while to get going IMO but seemed to find his groove reasonably well later on during his last set Sunday night.

We done 11am Sunday til 1am Monday. What a night!! I have to say it took me a few hours to properly start enjoying it, probably due to the fact that waking up at 9.30am then drinking double vodkas at 11am felt very alien to me. A few shots later and everyone was having a great time.
Caught most of RV's first set which I thought was good, then had a few hours mingling around chatting to people. Nice to see familiar faces in there :)
Thought Doc Martin and Steve Bug were really good. To be fair the whole main room was pretty much smashing it for most of the day.
I attempted to get everyone to leave at 10pm (my legs were knackered) only to be met with a whole new crew of friends arriving for the night event. So obviously we HAD to stay and have a drink with them! I managed to stay for a few more hours of dancing... which in hindsight Im glad I did as once again RV was boshing out the main room.
Finally decided to call it a night at about 1am. Got a taxi straight home, 8hrs sleep and feel fresh as a daisy today :D
Once again thought Fabric put on a great party, even when we left the club was getting even more packed with a fresh load of clubbers ready for their night! It truly was an amazing birthday for the club.

We got there at 11pm on Saturday (didn't have tickets and my friend had work today) and left at 2pm on Monday. Had an awesome awesome night, really liked room 3 (I think that's the one, after the area with the leather sofas and beds) where there was pounding techno for most of the Saturday, it was really busy on the Saturday night in there but empty by Sunday morning, by which point lots of people had obviously had enough and left.

Met lots of crazy Italians, my friend got stalked by a complete psycho who was literally following her around the club through the crowd and eventually had to get ejected by security. Spent an hour in the morning semi-conscious on the leather bed which sorted me out nicely for Villalobos set.. Loved how the anticipation built up it was very cool when he finally got on the decks, the moment those of us who got there on Saturday night had been waiting for. I enjoyed his set a lot, but by 2pm we realised it was getting ridiculous and eventually dragged ourselves out of the club. Great time, never experienced clubbing like that in London (well afterparties obviously but this was completely different), definitely aim to go again next year, but perhaps do just the Sunday (even though the Saturday was great). Cocoon at Matter next!

Agree - fukcing great night...a nice reminder of what raving is supposed to be like. :eek:

An experience which is sadly rarer these days.

What a venue! I love London again! :D

Becks - we really must synchronise ourselves better next time. It's always ace to run into you both so we must plan in some adventures soon. ;)

Agree - fukcing great night...a nice reminder of what raving is supposed to be like. :eek:

What a venue! I love London again! :D

Becks - we really must synchronise ourselves better next time. It's always ace to run into you both so we must plan in some adventures soon. ;)

Great to see you too :) I was literally on my last legs when we saw you though! Was it good after we left? How long did you stay for?

Dunno - till about 5-6 I think. :confused: Memory is a bit fuzzy.

It was bloody brilliant! Musically I really couldn't have asked for anything more.

Really varied and nice to see DJs aren't frightened of boshing out a bit of house these days! So glad to be over that tedious minimal hump.

Want to do it all over again. :cry:

Really varied and nice to see DJs aren't frightened of boshing out a bit of house these days! So glad to be over that tedious minimal hump.

Couldnt agree more mate. Smagghe was definitely playing a very housey during the day. reminded me of some sets from SOS I've heard in the past.

Judging from posts on other forums smagghe was a favourite for some others too.

If thats a regular set from him and Steve Bug and thats what you get sometimes at Fabric then I'm definitely making more visits there in the future.

Olly, I think rub'n'tug were on saturday night so most of us missed them

Last edited by a moderator:

don't I say I have had the time of my life in fabric pretty much every couple of weeks? :lol::lol:

although this one was really very very special indeed, was like 5 fabrics rolled into one.

I arrived 5am sunday morning and kept going until 6am monday when finally my feet gave way.

have never danced so much in 24 hours to such quality music - villalobos on sunday night was my highlight, and again with him b2b with craig richards aftwards. the rest is a blur, daniel bell was particularly good too though if I remember correctly.... and villalobos 10am.. and steve bug.. and ivan smaggue in both (or was it 3?) sets I saw of his...

only regret is not going on the bucking bronco and missing matthew johnson. and not carrying on until it closed at 2pm monday :lol::lol:

good to see pretty much everyone I know from clubbing and the techno scene at some point during the proceedings and spotlighters Id not seen for a long time 8)

sigh, too much fun.

roll on next year 8)

If thats a regular set from him and Steve Bug and thats what you get sometimes at Fabric then I'm definitely making more visits there in the future.

yeah musically fabric has been amazing this year so far, more hits than misses for me, excluding the odd live set.

music in that main room needs to be a bit carnivally to work properly imo and all the DJs that played knew that

Back