The Good and Bad restuarants in Portinatx

steveward

The resort is quite small not very many bars only one English bar being Delboys which served a nice breakfast if you want to eat English, their evening meals are really good def gotta to try the mustard sauce makes my mouth water thinking of it. Bev Brian and Mark and the rest of the staff make everyone feel welcome, Marks a bit of a clown making everyone laugh, if anyone goes there you've gotta play boozy bingo. Theres another bar called Vincents which has some good entertainment and is where Elvis lives now got the pictures to prove it. They play some not to bad music, but come 1.00pm it tends to become a bar for the locals who use it to pull anything, in fact if anyone reads this from Nottingham theres a club call Obsessions its just like that (if it breaths then its willing as my fiancée found out in the ladies toilet 1 night when she saw a local guy and girl coming out the cubicle very sheepishly). Overall i would recommend any bar/restaurant in Portinatx apart from The Don Quixote we had spent most of one of our afternoons sat outside this bar having beers and a few jugs of very nice sangria, every-time we ordered we were served tapas at no charge, the service was faultless from the young lady who waited on us, so we decided that we would go back the same evening for a meal to say thank you for the service given that afternoon, and my did we make a mistake the place was fairly quiet 6 or so locals watching the uefa cup final, we sat down at a table ask for the menu and ordered another jug of sangria some bread and Alioli bread and olives and looked through the menu we all decided on the mixed grill then an English woman came out of the back which was a surprise as we thought it was a ibicean bar any way she ask us how we would like the mixed grill we told her then off she went, we could hear the meat being cooked 10minutes later the first plate came out for my brother in-law he cut in to his meat and ate some i said i thought you ordered your steak medium he nodded but his steak was actually blue then 1 by 1 the rest came out my fiancée cut into her chicken and ate alittle then she noticed that it wasn't cooked the English woman came out the back and asked if there was anything wrong we told her and she took all 4 plates back to re-cook the food but it still wasn't cooked properly we asked for the bill not wanting to cause a fuss and was willing to pay for the food and the drink in full, the English woman was talking to the locals and laughing at what it seemed to be us, the young lady that served us during the day was still there and she appeared to be very embarrassed at what had happened and apologized, we paid for just the drinks and left the young lady a good tip for the service during the day, the following day we were all ill for most of the day. We would not recommend that anyone eats at the Don Quixote or if they do at there own risk.
We all really enjoyed our time in Portinatx and intend on going back next year on our own again, we are going to San Antonio Bay in October with the children and will visit with them as well.​

Back