The Gays, The Christians, The Jews, The Muslims

i suppose it boils down to who you would rather live next to a gay or a muslim?

muslims: all that chanting and people coming & going at all times of the day would be a nightmare, parking would be an issue due to there being 12 datsun sunnys parked outside all the time, plus the noise from them being raided by police all the time. On the plus side theres always the odd kebab/curry going spare!!

gays: well, everyone knows that gays love to party, especially on a school night, so noise again would be problematic the front step would be dripping in ky jelly & man juice so would be very slippery underfoot, on the upside you would not have far to go to get advice on how to position your new scatter cushions or what top to wear with what jeans, they would also bring in your washing if it rained and the shed full of amyl nitrate would come in handy for any roman orgies you may be planning!!

yes I would rather live next to a gay...if i had to choose one of them!!!!!

Hilarious. That's the most politically incorrect thing I've read in ages.

One of the lines peddled by the closet homophobes in this debate is it's not the orientation that people are objecting to, it's homosexual "practices".

That word "practices" always smacks to me of mean-minded suburban net curtain-twitching prurience.

What's missing from their lives that they have to go telling others how to live? And why are they always so obsessed with what other people do in bed, ffs?

Anyway, the closet homophobes think they can make their prejudices palatable by complaining that these regulations undermine their freedom to "practise" their religion because they forbid, for example, Catholic adoption agencies from turning down applications from gay couples, or church halls
refusing to host meetings of gay support groups. The most ludicrous myth was the one about a B&B matron not being allowed to turn away a transsexual couple wanting a double bed.

The regulations don't do anything of the kind, merely bring equal opportunities legislation up to date to require organisations to treat all users of services equally.

In the interest of balance, there were a lot of letters from Chrisitians in the Guardian yesterday, most distancing themselves from these extremist/fundamentists.

It still doesn't make sense to me, because the protesters archaic beliefs are part of the genesis (quide liderally, mate) for the liberal Chrisitians beliefs to exist. Surely, faiths which survive by changing their core beliefs to suit popular opinion can't be seen as valid?

But at least the majority, while mistaken IMO, aren't bigots.

Indeed

there was also the
Prawn Alert crisis
Olive Crisis
baby throwing incidents, and who could forget about his Noodly Highness and the ecumenical debates which followed.....

back in the day....... sigh!!

Indeed

there was also the
Prawn Alert crisis
Olive Crisis
baby throwing incidents, and who could forget about his Noodly Highness and the ecumenical debates which followed.....

back in the day....... sigh!!

And the Spotlight Wars! ssshh!

surely the mods have archived the transcript and wouldnt it be funny if it were to be accidently released for 24hrs...

Incidentally, the teasmaid wasn't just another passing fad and I still LOVE waking up to my cuppa in the mornings. (...just by the way) :lol:

Incidentally, the teasmaid wasn't just another passing fad and I still LOVE waking up to my cuppa in the mornings. (...just by the way) :lol:

so your not the walking to the kitchen half asleep whilst scratching yr arse in yr Y Fronts type tea person then?

Isn't time the vaults were opened? Let the newbies learn from the sins of their ancestors so never again shall such webwarriormanship be wreaked about the world(wideweb)?

Back