Andee Mac
Master Bremner
Rob Purser

Lounge - Sneaky
Craig Jenner
Nay Daze
Redz
Kev Waller

Tonight is a typical Gallery affair with serious A list headline action, musical progression through the genres, a raft of international names and the usual Gallery atmosphere and vibe we know and love. Yes folks on Friday 20th February our very own Sander van Doorn will be leading the merry throng! Having had another storming year in 2008, Sander is back at his London home to kick start 2009 with another appearance in the amazing surroundings of Ministry of Sound’s sensational main room. It seems the sound system was built for his type of music and each and every time he has graced the ones and twos with his presence he has blown the place apart… tonight will be no exception we promise you!

Fergiereturns to The Gallery after a seriously impressive showing back in November alongside Green Velvet. He continues to make serious waves with his techno sound and we can’t get enough of it. It’s good to have one of our favourite sons back and this will be the first of several Gallery appearances for the Irishman this year! Look out for his Excentric label which continues to release some serious tunage supported from the likes of Carl Cox and beyond! Happy Days! Martin Roth is a name seriously in the ascendancy and for us it couldn’t come soon enough. We have been big fans of the German production machine for many moons and he was a regular guest for Vaccine back at Turnmills in Gallery days gone by. Having rocked the Box for the Anjunabeats night last year, tonight it’s all about his brand new artist album and the launch party. Recently named the best thing about trance in 2008 by online store Beatport it is easy to see why we are excited about this album, it’s going to be a goodun!! Joining him will be
Irelands leading tech trancer Gleave who continues to dazzle with tune after tune including his recent EP on Reset entitled ‘The Word’ which was a huge hit here at The Gallery. A regular the world over he will be perfect to take the night up a notch for the finale whilst DJ/Producer Dave Roberston continues to make waves with tracks and remixes galore as well as an A list of DJ admirers will be warming up the box a treat

The Bar welcomes the London launch of Electrik Playground who incidentally are also celebrating their Birthday. A brand on the up with residencies last year at Tiesto’s huge weekly night at Privilege in
Ibiza as well as regular monthly nights in Leeds and Manchester (plus compilations and tour nights across the UK and beyond) we’re delighted to welcome the first of several outings for the EP guys here at The Gallery. Riley & Durrant have long been favourites up and down the UK and beyond and continue to impress with their Electrik Playground brand. Tonight they are joined by Mixmag Future Hero and rising star Denney whilst local lad KOTO gets in on the act early doors. The Baby Box plays host to Future Friday Feeling whilst the Lounge is hosted by Sneaky.

10.30pm–7 am
Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London, SE16DP
Capacity: 1,500 // Tube: Elephant & Castle
Contact: 020 7247 4121 // 020 7740 8627 // info@thegallery-club.co.uk

Prices: Members £10 // NUS £10 B4 12am // £12 Advance
£15 on the door // £6 after 3am

Advanced Tickets:
www.ministryofsound.com/tickets
www.ticketweb.co.uk - 08700 600 100
www.viewtickets.co.uk
www.residentadvisor.net

www.thegallery-club.co.uk
www.ministryofsound.com/club
www.myspace.com/thegalleryclubuk

Gallery_090220FLOW.jpg

THE GALLERY INTERVIEW: SANDER VAN DOORN

The Gallery’s superstar resident Sander van Doorn headlines the show this Friday @ MOS so we fired him the all important questions...

TG: Who or what has been the biggest influence
SVD: In dance, Marco V has been a big inspiration of mine for many years, and I love what the Swedish House Mafia get up to. Pop/Rock wise U2, Coldplay and the Killers have been my favourites for sometime.

TG: What was your first big breakthrough as an act?
SVD: My Message in a bottle bootleg was the first big breakthrough for me when people started to sit up and notice me and what I was doing.

TG: What would you rate as the best experience that you’ve had in the music scene so far?
SVD: I’ve had so many highlights in my career so far. Being successful for the last 3 years in the Top 100, the two awards I won last year in Miami and Ibiza for Best Newcomer and Best Breakthrough DJ, and playing at Dance Valley before Carl Cox last year was special too.

TG: Which one do you enjoy the most, Djing or producing?
SVD: I like a combination of both – I started out as a producer then fell into Djing. The benefit of doing both is that I can roadtest things I do in the studio really quickly and easily to see what the reaction on the dancefloor is like.

TG: What do you see as your main strengths as a producer?
SVD: I tend not to listen to other people’s production styles too much and just make my own sound without too many outside influences. I like to picture myself as a clubber on the dancefloor, and aim my productions to entertaining me there.

TG: What makes a party good & bad?
SVD: For me it’s all about the crowd. If they’re having a good time it makes for a great night, a good soundsystem also helps!

TG: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
SVD: Wherever I am I’m sure I’ll have a hearing problem!

TG: If you could have anyone remix any of your tracks, who would it be and why?
SVD: I would love Radiohead to remix one of my tracks – it would be interesting to see what they’d do to a dance track, it’s like dance remixing in reverse!

TG: What is the magic hangover cure?
SVD: Drinking 1/2 a litre of water, taking 3 asprins and drinking lots of coffee!

TG: What’s the biggest crowd you’ve ever played to?
SVD: Queensday in Holland in 2008, to 150,000 people

TG: What’s the key to getting yourself noticed?
SVD: You have to be able to produce your own tracks as a DJ thesedays, and defining your own style and sound is very important

TG: What’s your perfect holiday?
SVD: On my ideal holiday I want to avoid airports and planes as I see them so much! So driving through Europe would be perfect.

TG: Which is your personal favourite track that you’ve produced & why?
SVD: My ‘Loaded’ release was really special to me as it opened up the door to different styles of trance.

TG: What are your favourite production tools /gadgets?
SVD: The most important things in my studio are my Mac and Logic pro8. At the moment my favourite hardware synth is the Moog Voyager. I use the ‘Spectrasonics’ soft synths which is where I get my hard basses from.

TG: What’s your favourite word?
SVD: “Sausage”. To a Dutchman that’s a really amusing word in the English language.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

THE GALLERY PODCAST 63: MARTIN ROTH

Ahead of his debut artist album, which he will be launching this coming Friday at The Gallery, trance production sensation Martin Roth lays down 60 mins of exactly what has made him such a hit across the globe. We suggest you turn this up... turn it up loud!!!"

DOWNLOAD THE MIX HERE...
http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/podcast.aspx

Back