Loft:
Hosted by Plastic Fondu
Claire Spooner
Lee H
Ben Spalding & Dave Leslie
Jay Marie
SK1 B2B Rockit
Jon Byrne

Tonight we welcome the one and only Joey Beltram to headline proceedings. With heavyweight support from Gallery main man Tall Paul and one of our favourite sons of techno Fergie as well as Gallery residents Gavyn Mytchel and The Viceroy this is set to be another trademark Gallery experience. Fusing several genres with our usual progression across the night the utterly amazing Box at Ministry of Sound will be transformed into a typical Gallery sonic journey. With the ever welcome Berwick Street Sessions and headliner Spooky and resident boy wonder Timo Garcia playing an extended 4 hour set this one is going to be a goodie!!!

Joey Beltram is a dj hard to describe in soundbytes and genres. He of course gave the world ‘Energy Flash’ – one of [FONT=&quot]the[/FONT] most iconic tunes of the acid house movement and he’s been a huge name and force in the dance music scene for a number of years defining the early years of techno but always remaining a true pioneer. Having grown up in the US in New York and then moving to Gent in Belgium he was internationally touring at the age of 20 off the back of several huge releases. In 1992, Beltram made his comeback on Warp Records with the EP “Calibre”. Several releases followed and their success stabilized his position in the fast-moving dance scene. By 1995 he had established his long-standing relationship with Tresor Records in Berlin, releasing a succession of excellent maxi EP‘s (“Gameform“, “Instant“, “Metro“) and the now legendary, full-length album “Places“ (Tresor.078), re-released in 1998. The same year he delivered the critically-acclaimed maxi “Ball Park“ (Tresor.090) that still retains its place in most international techno DJs‘ record cases today. In 1999 Beltram founded his own label STX for which he continues to record under his own name and as JB3.Six years elapsed until his next release on Tresor. Starting with the stunning maxi “The Beyonder“ in the summer of 2004, he followed up with the album and winter world tour “The Rising Sun“ Joey remains a truly global superstar, a stalwart of the scene and a hugely in demand name he is truly one dj to be experienced and we are delighted to be welcoming him to The Gallery. Techno star Fergie makes a welcome return to The Gallery; his Excentric label and brand continue to go from strength to strength and we’re loving Fergie’s sound at present. He rocked it big time for us on his last visit and continues to tour the globe with his infectious energy and jaw dropping dj sets. Gallery main man Tall Paul returns to The Gallery main room to do his thing alongside Gallery residents Gavyn Mytchel and The Viceroy.

This month sees a very special Berwick Street Sessions host the Bar. It's be the official 'WONDERLUST BUG' release party, the long awaited Debut Artist Album from label boss TIMO GARCIA. After last month’s unofficial extended set which came about because the crowd just refused to leave the dancefloor even when the lights came on he will be doing an exclusive 4 hour set to celebrate this album release! There will be signed copies of this album; which has gained support and props from Laurent Garnier, Timo MAAS, M.A.N.D.Y, DJ Pierre, Joey Beltram, Smokin Jo, Danny Howells, Hernan Cattaneo, Nic Fanciulli and Yousef amongst many more, to be given away on the night. Joining Timo in the Bar will be none other than Charlie May & Duncan Forbes under their SPOOKY guise; whilst the Baby Box plays host to Dirty Ego and the Loft sees backroom faves Plastic Fondu return to lay down the essential beats.

10.30pm – close

Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London, SE16DP

Capacity: 1,500 // Tube: Elephant & Castle

Contact: 020 3189 0076 // 020 7740 8627 // tom@thegallery-club.co.uk

Prices: £10 NUS & Members // £13 Advance // £15 on the door // £6 after 3am
(unless stated otherwise)

Advanced Tickets:
www.ticketweb.co.uk - 08700 600 100
www.viewtickets.co.uk // www.residentadvisor.net

www.thegallery-club.co.uk
www.ministryofsound.com/club
www.myspace.com/thegalleryclubuk
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Gallery_090515fLOW.jpg
[/FONT]

podpic.jpg

THE GALLERY PODCAST 075: FERGIE
Fergie provides 60 mins of his biggest and best Excentric stuff for The Gallery Podcast ahead of this Friday

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/podcast.aspx

int1.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH TIMO GARCIA

1. Morning Mr Garcia, how does The Gallery find you today?
In an great mood thanks mate... had a weekend in the studio working some amazing new vocals from Amber Jolene over one of the tracks off my album ready for it's single release this summer.

2. You are playing this coming Friday at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound for your very own Berwick Street Sessions party in the bar. For those who may not know tell us a bit about it?
We've been throwing label parties since our first release and launch party almost four years ago back in the summer of 2005. Having moved around a few of London's key venues we finally found an amazing home for our nights last year when the Gallery moved from Turnmills to Ministry of Sound. Hosting the Bar at Ministry for you guys is always a pleasure and a great opportunity to showcase Berwick Street artists. Over the last year we've had the likes of Lutzenkirchen, Swen Weber, Kenny Hawkes, Ricky Stone, Eric Kupper and Smokin Jo's TRNSSTR project all come down and perform and promote their releases on the label. This weekend we'll be celebrating the release of my rather long awaited debut artist album and the exciting thing is that Joey Beltram who used my 'Ground Control' track on his latest CD compilation album is headlining the Box on the night too!

3. You are also launching your debut artist album, give us the lowdown on it?
It took a while but i finally got around to it! After so many collaborations i thought it was about time i locked myself up in the studio on my own to try and hone my sound and come up with my first solo album Wonderlust Bug. I wanted also to explore some deeper sounds in the studio too and concentrate less on the dancefloor but more on textures and melody. Which i hope means people can enjoy the album from start to finish on headphones, in the car, living room or even the bath tub... as well as a few tracks in the club! So the album which is blended to make it a more interesting listen goes from around 120 bpm deep house through some faster techy sounds all the way to the penultimate track with is a 128bpm big room club track. With the final track being a full on downtempo chillout song with Amber Jolene singing about hangovers, love and regret... So pretty much like a DJ set and night out should progress from start to finish!

4. What else have you got planned in the coming months?
Im working on a remix album project for the Wonderlust Bug LP. Some massive remixes coming back at the moment from DJ Pierre, Onionz, Eric Kupper, Justin Harris, Shifter & Carvell, Ruben Keeney, Kid Blue, Timmy Steward, Akashik 11 and quite a few more names.
Plus we've got a follow up EP from Smokin Jo's TRNSSTR project coming up soon.

5. Which three tunes are currently doing it for you in your dj sets?
Louis Vega vs DJ Pierre - Da Jungle is massive for me at the moment.. remixes are about to from Gene Farris, Pierre Deutschmann and yours truely!
Smokin Jo presents TRNSSTR - Not a Poem / Ravedigger (Coming soon)
Yousef - Birthday Thoughts (Yankee Zulu remix) OUT NOW!

Back