Loft:
Hosted by Endemic Sessions
Moonface (Bedrock)
Ryan Briggs
Scott Harrington
Tom Lennox
Tim Cook
Jon Lee

Dutch master Sander van Doorn's new live night is launching exclusively at The Gallery, Ministry of Sound on Friday 29th May. Gallery resident and boy wonder, Sander will be playing 3 x one hour sets over the course of the night in between friends Gavyn Mytchel, Jon Rundell, Simon Patterson and The Viceroy. The whole of the box is being taken over by 'Dusk till Doorn' as The Gallery gets transformed into an experience that you will never forget, from the moment you walk through the tunnel until the time you leave at dawn.

Sander says "The Gallery has always felt like my spiritual home in the UK, I've got a great history with them, so it feels right to launch my new touring show there. I love the Gallery crowd, I'm always touched by the response I get from them and I know that they will make it a night to remember for a long time. Playing alongside my friends and fellow DJs will make the evening even extra special - it's going to be a cracker"

Joining the master of ceremonies is a line-up of Sander’s personal favourite djs and producers including trance star Simon Patterson. Simon originally shot to our undivided attention with his production outfit Dogzilla and in recent years has carved out a leading reputation as one of trances most consistent producers with a bevy of tunage including Bulldozer and F16 to name but a few. A top draw dj he never fails to impress on every visit to The Gallery and this Friday will be no exception. Jon Rundell continues to set the pace others try to follow in the world of techno proving a popular dj for the likes of Carl Cox (who he personally warmed up for on his recent tour of the UK). A regular producer of huge cross over techno infused tracks he is at much home remixing the likes of Sander van Doorn right through to Marco Bailey and Carl Cox. Bringing his trademark sound to proceedings he will provide the perfect soundtrack to the evening and it’s a pleasure to be welcoming him back to The Gallery for a long overdue return. Gallery residents Gavyn Mytchel and The Viceroy join the fray by personal invite by Sander. Gavyn, The Viceroy and Sander continue to be part of the hugely popular and loyal residents team that forms the back bone of The Gallery and having provided the warm up and end of night finale respectively for many of Sander’s biggest and most important Gallery dates in the past its only right and proper that Gavyn and The Viceroy do the same again!

The Bar meanwhile hosts the return of Elektrik Playground after their debut session back in February. Residents Riley & Durrant return to host the Bar alongside headline talent Chris Lake. Having been making serious waves for some time it’s a welcome return for one of house music’s most consistently exciting producers and djs. Joining this star studded line-up to warm things up is rising producer dj KOTO. The Baby Box gets a good seeing to from Turmoil whilst the Loft sees Endemic Sessions throw down the electronic grooves you need to hear this Friday night!

10.30pm – close

Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London, SE16DP

Capacity: 1,500 // Tube: Elephant & Castle

Contact: 020 3189 0076 // 020 7740 8627 // tom@thegallery-club.co.uk

Prices: £10 NUS & Members // £13 Advance // £15 on the door // £6 after 3am
(unless stated otherwise)

Advanced Tickets:
www.ticketweb.co.uk - 08700 600 100
www.viewtickets.co.uk // www.residentadvisor.net

www.thegallery-club.co.uk
www.ministryofsound.com/club
www.myspace.com/thegalleryclubuk

Gallery_090529F2LOW.jpg

int4.jpg

Morning Mr Doorn, how does The Gallery find you on this fine day?
Hi I'm good thanks, in America on a tour recovering from flu but I am on the mend!

You are back at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound this coming friday, so what you been up to since your last visit?
Well since February I've had a couple of South American tours, two US tours, Trance Energy in Australia, a visit to Kuala Lumpur and lots of European shows. In the studio I've been working on my releases by Sander van Doorn, Sam Sharp, Purple Haze and my Marco V collaboration 'What Say'. Remixing wise I've got my remix of Olav Basoski's remake of the classic Pancake 'Don't Turn Your Back' record, and Depeche Mode's new single 'Peace'. So all in all it's been pretty busy!

This Friday is all about your new concept 'Dusk till Doorn' so come on then spill the beans whats it all about?
Well to be honest I'm really looking forward to it. It's something we've been working together with the Gallery on for some time so I know it's going to be special. Dusk is the magical part of the night after the sunset, so we're trying to recreate that magic in the club. I'll be playing three sets, inbetween some of my favourite DJs, so I really can't wait.

You have hand picked the main room lineup, give us the lowdown on who you have playing with you?
Well opening and closing the night as usual for me are residents Gavyn Mytchel and The Viceroy, Joining them will be Jon Rundell and Simon Patterson - two artists who I work with on my label, Doorn Records, and I know they'll be playing great sets which is why having them there will be special for everyone.

What else can we expect from Dusk till Doorn in the coming months?
My aim is to eventually play as many Dusk Till Doorn nights as I play normal nights, so it's very apt to be launching the night at the Gallery which is one of my favourite nights to play. Dusk Till Doorn is off to Eden in Ibiza on the 7th June and there will be more dates announced very soon.

What recent studio activity can we look forward to hearing on the dancefloor this coming friday?
Well as I mentioned earlier I've just finished my Depeche Mode remix so that ones hot off the press, what will be interesting is playing 3 sets so it gives me a chance to play my different studio styles in one night.

What are your current top 3 tunes?
My top 3 tracks at the moment are
1 Depeche Mode 'Peace' (Sander van Doorn remix)
2 Patrick Page 'Falling Out'
3 Robbie Buri 'Poker'

What are you most looking forward to over the rest of the summer?
I have a residency at Cream in Ibiza which will be fun, I'm playing the UK festivals Creamfields and Global Gathering, and I've got a tour of China, where I'm looking forward to going back to after being there last year.

And finally where have you seen the most amazing sunset and dusk?
Recently in Perth, Australia, on the Trance Energy tour I was playing in an ampitheatre at dusk and that was phenomenal.

and the best dawn, sunrise on your travels?
There's only one place for this - it has to be Ibiza in the summer!

int5.jpg

Morning, how does The Gallery find you on this fine morning?
Good morning! Late.... as per usual... running for a flight to Canada as I type... so apologies for any shocking grammar!

You are playing at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound this coming Friday, what have you been up to since we last saw you?
I'm sure you hear this a lot, but it's been pretty much non-stop... after Miami I toured North America for seven weeks promoting my artist album Crazy, with Nervous Records. That was a hell of a ride, but we got so much out of it. Just before going we'd hooked up with a new company called Awdio.com.... those guys are amazing and right on the money too if you ask me - they supplied us with a magical box and laptop, which allowed us to stream various sets live across the net - how good's that? The tour was followed immediately by three weeks of solid studio time both back in London and out in Italy with friend and producer Lys. And now we're all set for this year's Rising Music Summer Series, first one's out on 3rd June... plug... cough.... plug.... Lake & Lys 'Violins'. Everyone at the labels buzzing about the release schedule - definitely our strongest to date!
Oh yeh... and as if that wasn't hectic enough, we set up Rising Digital too... a new consultancy to the music industry specializing in web 2.0 activity. So yeh... all in all... pretty bloody busy! How about you?

What can we expect from you this coming Friday?
My usual love for deep house is still strong... sorry did that sound a bit like Yoda?... yeh... loving my CD wallet at the moment, lots of tunes on Rising, a lot of tech-house and techno and a couple of vocal beauties too... you know... just for the ladies! ;)

What are your current favourite top 3 tunes?
Easy! ....and for a change all about us!
1. Lys feat. Mooli 'San Francisco Rain' [Rising]
2. Sour Grapes 'Stay for Now' [Rising]
3. Lake & Lys 'Violins' [Rising]

And finally where did you see the best sunset (dusk) or sunrise (dawn) ever?
Sunset: the best sunset for me was about 2 months ago while enjoying some downtime outside San Diego. My wife and I were on a quad bike, overlooking the city, so we stayed up there to watch the sunset. Very peaceful!

eflyer002_r11_c1.jpg

THE GALLERY PODCAST 077: JON RUNDELL
Ahead of playing the Box at this coming Firdays Gallery at Ministry of Sound we asked Jon Rundell to provide 60 mins of the best of what he has got - go on you know you want to!!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/podcast.aspx

Back