Bar – Hosted by Elektrik Playground
Riley and Durrant
Tania von Pear
Gareth Harding
Lee D B

Baby Box – Steve Lee & Friends present
Steve Lee (4 hour set)
Marc Houlihan

Boy oh boy here we go again; twelve months on from rounding off our inaugural year at the Ministry of Sound with a sell out New Years Eve show we are back to do it again. Yes that’s right The Gallery, one of the leading weekly club nights in the world is back to take over Ministry of Sound for a New Years Eve Spectacular that only we can deliver!

We have rounded up a bevy of the biggest and best Gallery djs to take over the four rooms of the Ministry of Sound, the place we now call home each and every Friday night. Rapidly approaching our fifteenth birthday (our second at Ministry of the Sound following the closure of the legendary Turnmills); The Gallery continues to set the pace that others try to emulate.

After another record year at the world famous venue in Gaunt Street; including hosting an arena at the infamous SW4 festival with the likes of Armin van Buuren and Above and Beyond; The Gallery is rounding the year off in style with an eleven hour New Years Eve clubbing spectacular.
The New Years Eve line-up is no different; blending the biggest and best djs and talent to create the perfect Gallery clubbing experience. First up we have one of our favourite sons, a dj we have witnessed grow into one of the world’s biggest names and a dj we are hugely proud to call one of our residents. Be upstanding for the one and only Sander van Doorn.

Jetting in from mainland Europe on a private jet this will be Sander’s only UK show on New Year’s Eve and we are delighted that he has chosen his London home to come and round the year off in style. With another huge year behind him including the launch of his concept night ‘Dusk till Doorn’ at The Gallery as well as mixing disc two of the Cream Ibiza compilation, appearances at every major dance festival and event the world over and a stream of top draw tunage on his Doorn Recordings imprint; Sander continues to dominant the scene with his unique sound and fresh approach.

An ever present force at The Gallery with his monthly residency, Judge Jules makes a welcome return to these shores for his first New Years Eve in the UK since 2000. Easily one of the hardest working and most enthusiastic djs around, Jules continues to fly the flag the world over for dance music; from his hugely popular Radio 1 show to his weekly Judgement Sunday night in Ibiza and everywhere in between. We are hugely privileged and excited to be welcoming him to The Gallery for his first New Years Eve in the UK since the millennium. A sure fire crowd pleaser, Jules will no doubt be armed to the teeth with his usual array of killer tunage; perfect to see the New Year in with style.

And to add a twist this year Tall Paul and Judge Jules will be selecting ten of the biggest tunes from the year to throw open to The Gallery faithful the opportunity to vote for their favourite to play at midnight. Look out for our special video interviews with them both coming soon with a full rundown of how to get involved in making this year go out with an extra special bang. We are delighted to be welcoming Gallery main man Tall Paul to take up the midnight mantle with his usual style and grace that we have come to expect from one of the true legends of the scene.

Always keen to showcase talent at The Gallery; Simon Patterson rounds off an incredible year by returning to Ministry of Sound. One of a handful of djs that The Gallery books regularly over the year; Simon has rocked the Box on each of his visits whilst racking up some serious air miles on his travels elsewhere. A consistent producer with no less than eight consecutive Beatport number ones, Simon’s full on tech trance sound has to be heard on the Ministry of Sound system to be believed and tonight will be no exception.

Matt Hardwick continues to be a force to be reckoned with in the world of trance with his Kill the Lights imprint releasing a whole host of big tunes this year as well as mixing the Gatecrasher Birthday and Digital Society compilation. Always one to deliver a killer trance set at just the right time Matt will be taking it up a notch in all the right ways to help us see in 2010.

The main room will be rounded off in style with the inclusion of Gallery residents Gavyn Mytchel and The Viceroy who will be providing the usual finale. Over in the Bar we welcome our good friends from the Elektrik Playground with a headline performance from Riley and Durrant alongside Gallery resident Tania von Pear and a real rising talent Gareth Harding.

The Loft welcomes Steve Lee and Friends bringing together a bevy of Gallery legends from other the years in the superb surroundings of the Loft.
With a limited number of £35 early bird tickets on sale right now we are firmly sticking to our motto of Excellence in the Art of Sound with another world class New Years Eve line-up... get involved!
21.00 – 08.00

Ministry of Sound
103 Gaunt Street, London, SE16DP

Capacity: 1,500 // Tube: Elephant & Castle

Contact: 020 3189 0076 // 020 7740 8627 // gavyn@thegallery-club.co.uk

Prices: £35 Early Birds / £40 Advanced / £50 Standard

Advanced Tickets: http://www.ministryofsound.com/Club/Tickets.aspx

www.thegallery-club.co.uk
www.ministryofsound.com/club

front3.jpg

EARLY BIRDS HAVE NOW SOLD OUT

Our early bird tickets have now completely sold out for our massive New Years Eve at Ministry of Sound with the likes of Sander van Doorn and Judge Jules. To avoid disappointment we would suggest getting your tickets as soon as you can as early birds sold out in record time for a New Years Eve. Tickets are now £40 and available here .....

http://www.ministryofsound.com/Club/Tickets.aspx

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
web-home.jpg

To get you in the mood for the all important midnight New Years Eve moment Tall Paul has assembled a selection of 20 top tunes for you The Gallery faithful to vote for. Check em out in our special jukebox by clicking below

http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/nye/jukebox/

SANDER VAN DOORN VIDEO INTERVIEW

We caught up with Sander van Doorn at the DJ Mag party ahead of New Years Eve and his only UK appearance to chat about The Gallery and what we can expect this New Years from our headliner. Check it out by visiting this link!!!

LINK: http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/nye

jules.jpg

JUDGE JULES INTERVIEW

How does The Gallery find you on this fine winter day?
I'm currently sat it the Studio working on some new releases for my next artist album, which should be ready towards the end of 2010.

You are playing at The Gallery's massive New Years Eve event at Ministry of Sound, what can we expect from your good self?
For the past few years all my NYE gigs have been abroad so I'm very excited to be playing in the UK this year. You can expect some extreme big beat action, I'm already putting to one side those special tracks which will be perfect for my NYE set at The Gallery.

How has 2009 been for dance music do you think based on your travels and experiences?
I think peoples predictions of 2009 being a rubbish year in clubland have been proven wrong. Judgement Sundays had an absolutely stomping season and I'm already itching to get back to Ibiza for the 2010 season!

Which 3 tracks have been the biggest this year for you?
Heatboyer - Happy ending
Ronski Speed - Are You (Sun Decade Remix)
Paul Webster ft Angelic Amanda - Time

Which producers have really impressed you this year?
Heatbeat from Argentina have probably been the most consistent producers for quality, also Tigran Organezov from the Ukraine has really impressed me as an up and coming producer, his sound is very unique!

Have any djs stood out on your travels as ones to watch in the coming year?
It's difficult to mention just one DJ as the worldwide talent is so strong at the moment. I must admit I was very impressed with Yoji's set at Judgement Sundays, his energy behind the decks really has to be seen to be believed.

Which one gadget could you not live without or has improved your year?
I think like most DJ's at the moment I'm anticipating the official release of the new Pioneer CDJ2000's, they are set to change the technical face of DJ'ing once again!

What was the last thing that made you angry?
Probably finding out that a club (which I won't name) was secretly recording my DJ set without permission.

And the last thing that made you happy?
Turning up to Judgement Sundays vs Digital Society in Leeds last Saturday, seeing it absolutely rammed and everyone having an amazing night!

And finally what's your new years resolution for 2010?
To not play the same record twice in one DJ set (which only happens very rarely)...lol

As tickets continue to fly out for our massive New Years Eve show at Ministry of Sound we are getting more and more excited here at Gallery HQ; we have just confirmed our midnight countdown and pyrotechnic show to see in the new year - which is going to be top draw. We have also assembled a massive competition below for the ultimate night out as well as catch up with Simon Patterson and Tania von Pear ahead of their sets at The Gallery

Roll on New Year Gallery style!!!!!

compcorner.gif

Here is your chance to celebrate New Year in style at The Gallery’s NYE Spectacular featuring the UK exclusive performance from Dutch wonder-kid Sander van Doorn alongside Gallery legend Tall Paul, Radio 1’s Judge Jules, trance-favourites Matt Hardwick, Simon Patterson, Gallaxy FM’s Riley & Durrant and the best resident DJs at The Ministry of Sound!

The NYE Spectacular will be one of the biggest and best parties in town – fact! We are giving you the chance to win ACCESS ALL AREA PASSES for you and a friend to the event, a free bottle of bubbly and the chance to see in the New Year inside the world famous DJ booth at the Ministry Of Sound when Tall Paul drops the midnight track! As if that wasn’t enough we’re throwing in a s****y hotel room so once you have danced your way into the next decade, you will have somewhere luxurious to unwind!

So, New Years Eve sorted. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize is answer the following question:

Q. Where were The Gallery parties originally held before Ministry?
A) Turnmills
B) Keys
C) Turnkey

Email your answer, phone number and address with ‘The Gallery NYE Comp’ in the subject title to: tom@thegallery-club.co.uk. The lucky winner will be notified on Mon 21st December - Good luck!

djs.jpg

Simonp.jpg

SIMON PATTERSON INTERVIEW

Hi Simon! Where are you and what are you currently doing?
Just got back a tour of USA. Was amazing, took in NYC, San Fran, Montreal and LA.

You’re playing the main room @ The Gallery’s NYE party this year. What have you got lined up to make it an extra special night?
Just the usual treat of tech and driving trance.

Tall Paul has shortlisted 20 gallery anthems for people to pick their favourite to be played at midnight. What is your ultimate anthem and why?
I find it hard to pick, really love Plastic Boy 'Silver Bath' but i am not sure its my ultimate anthem.

Who or what initially influenced you to get involved with dance music and do they still influence / inspire you today?
Judge Jules and he has played a massive part in my career.

You have DJ’d all over the globe – what do you pack in your bag to keep boredom at bay whilst travelling?
Nothing really, a decent sleeping tablet and 6 hours of my battery is all i need.

How’s your productions coming along – any new releases we can expect from you in the future?
Coming along well. Loads of stuff coming up!!

Are there any new bits of technology that are exciting you right now?
Nothing really i am behind on what new and whats not at the mo!

Asides from DJing/ Producing, what makes you tick as an individual?
Success and family!

What is the most surreal thing to happen in your career?
Its all surreal to be honest. Just being able to do what i do each day and weekend is surreal enough. Count myself very lucky!!

What are your main focuses for 2010? In music and life?
To keep pushing forward and achieving everything i set out too.

tvp.jpg

TANIA VON PEAR INTERVIEW

Hi Tania! How are you and what have you been up to lately?
Hello! It’s nearly Christmas so I am super excited as always! Presents, parties, you know!
You are returning for The Gallery’s massive NYE party this year! Any funny stories / memorable moments from last year’s night?
Umm, yes…me drinking too much champagne…

You’re playing the closing set of the night – can you give a taster of what tunes to expect from your set?
A very special set mixing up tough house music with plenty of hands in the air moments. There will be classics, accapellas and trickery to keep that dancefloor til the wee small hours of the morning, I am already well into the planning stages.

Are you a Vinyl / CD / Digital gal?I am a CDJ & cycloops girl…although I totally get why Ableton is so popular, being able to edit tunes on the fly etc. However I am happy to do my trickery my way…for the moment.

Tall Paul picked 20 Gallery anthems for the midnight track poll…which one will you be voting for and why? (check the poll / tracks to choose from @ http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/nye/)
Tall Paul vs INXS “Precious Heart” OF COURSE!!! Silly question…

What (classic) tune has stayed in your bag/laptop the longest?
Celeda “Music is The Answer”…cos it is…

What producers / DJs do you feel have really shone through in 2009?
I am voting for my lovely friend Graeme Lloyd because he is a big shiny star…oh and we are making music together so I get the reflected glory

What was the last piece of advice you were given? Did you follow it /not?
The last piece of advice I was given was “Shut up and have another vodka”…I took it.

What will be your new years resolution(s)? Are you any good at keeping them?
My New Years resolution is to make more money!! And I bloody hope I am…

Thank you for taking the time to chat to us! Any final messages for The Gallery faithful?
Hell yes, New Years Eve at Ministry of Sound… 4.30am in The Bar…I will be armed and ready behind the decks! BRING IT!

The Gallery NYE Special - Set Times

Ahead of 'The Gallery' NYE Special tonight at Ministry of Sound, we'd like to let you know that tickets are available on the door from 9pm!

The Gallery NYE Set-Times:

Box:
Matt Hardwick: 10.00 - 11.30
Tall Paul: 11.30 - 01.00
Gavyn Mytchel: 01.00 - 02.00
Simon Patterson: 02.00 - 03.00
Sander Van Doorn: 03.00 - 05.00
Judge Jules: 05.00 - 06.30
The Viceroy: 06.30 til close

Bar
Lee D - B: 09.00 - 11.00
Riley & Durrant: 11.00 - 02.00