Hosted by Grin Recordings
Jack Michaels
James Edwards
Jonas Vogel
Mark Batch
Yiannis Balkizas
Chris Canning
Armin K

Easter Friday 10th April is upon us and to kick start one of the biggest and busiest weekends in the clubbing calendar, The Gallery is opening the doors to a spectacular session down at our weekly church, Ministry of Sound. To help us in this lovely task of having it right royally off we have assembled a crew of sonic purveyors of the very best kind to do their thing. Without further ado, may we present…

Markus Schulz has long been a favourite with us here at The Gallery and in May 2008 we proudly showed him off as our new resident; joining the ranks of Tall Paul, Sister Bliss, Sander Van Doorn, Hernan Cattaneo and many more. Markus has gone onto raise the roof with each and every appearance at The Gallery, and in a recent interview on Kiss 100, Markus proclaimed The Gallery at Ministry of Sound as his favourite club in the entire world! Also a guest at our massive Gallery arena at SW4 this year and recent winner of ‘Best International Resident’ at The Gallery Awards, Markus rocked it at his first Gallery Xmas party playing a special 3 Hour Set alongside his close friend and mentor Armin van Buuren. With his trademark sound, enthusiasm behind the decks and being back at his favourite night in the world this is an Easter pressie to savour as Markus get stuck in for another three hour special!!

Gareth Emery continues his rapid and far reaching rise through the trance scene having again charted highly in the DJ Mag poll whilst he also continues to set the pace in podcasting now having the most listened to podcast around!! His studio continues to release a bevy of heavily supported records and recent productions including ‘This Is That’ and his excellent remix of Orkidea’s ‘Metraverse’ underlining his credentials yet further as one of the most cutting edge trance producers and exciting DJs around. With a host of huge international dates and being taken on by Armin van Buuren’s management company the future is very much all about Mr Emery!! Matt Hardwick is an ever welcome face at The Gallery and his sets have hit the spot every time. A much revered and in demand trance DJ Matt’s label Kill the Lights has continued this reputation with a whole host of heavily supported tracks. Always one to play the right music at the right time, Matt will be taking it up a notch in just the right place for tonights Gallery. With Gavyn Mytchel on warm up and The Viceroy on end of night duties this looks set to be another trademark Gallery large one.

The Bar welcomes Mimo to host with King Unique on headline duties ably supported by resident Chris Mimo who is launching his Digital Visions Album alongside Sam Cherry, Nice Guy Eddie, MisMatch Djs, Oli Foster and Adam L. The Baby Box gets a good going over from Pulp Sessions, whilst the fab Grin Records go loopy in the Loft!

URL]

Easter Friday 10th April is upon us and to kick start one of the biggest and busiest weekends in the clubbing calendar, The Gallery is opening the doors to a spectacular session down at our weekly church, Ministry of Sound. Markus Schulz is back in town to lead the merry throng with a very special 3 hour set, the boy wonder continues to call The Gallery his home in the UK and we can't wait to have him back once more . Joined by Gareth Emery, Matt Hardwick, Gavyn Mytchel, The Viceroy and in the Bar King Unique among many others this looks set to be another massive Friday night and the perfect way to get your Easter weekend off to the perfect start.

Tickets: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=313873

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

MATT HARDWICK

Morning Mr Hardwick, how does The Gallery find you on this fine day?
All good thanks, just been in the studio all day working on the next track for my Kill the Lights label. I am a little tired but its sounding great so I'm a happy man.

You are playing this coming Friday at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound, what can we expect from you?
I have new material coming out of my ears at the moment. There are some good bits around on the more techy side but you should expect the usual Matt Hardwick style. Deep in parts but sprinkled with those hands in the air moments (did I just say something that cheesy?)

What else have you been up to of late in terms of productions, remixes and other news?
Well, my next single on Kill the Lights is out in April. Its called "I Am DJ" and its working really well in the clubs. We also have some amazing mixes from Ben Gold and Niklas Grosswald. The track I have been working on today is a track that I produced a little while ago called Impossible. I am essentially reworking it for a full release on Kill the Lights. I have just completed a compilation for Digital Society which is compilation of the month in Mixmag this month which is pleasing. I am also in the middle of putting together another Gatecrasher compilation which should be hitting the shops in the summer.

What can we expect from you in the coming months and the summer season?
Gig wise, there are some corkers. The Gallery should be amazing as usual this Friday. Other highlights include the May Day event in Germany at the end of April, which I am told is amazing. I am also playing a massive beach party in Poland at the end of next month. The Ibiza dates are starting to stack up which really puts a smile on my face. I'm really looking forward to playing Ibiza again in the summer.

What are the top three tunes rocking it for you at the moment?
Ehren Stowers - Illusive
Matt Hardwick - I Am DJ (of course)
Ben Gold - Untitled (not sure what this is called but its going to be massive).

What new producers / rising talent has really caught your attention of late?
Simon Patterson is on fire at the moment and I think that Ben Gold is going to make a big impact in 2009.

And finally what's your favourite thing about visiting London?
Its home, so playing the Gallery provides me with a rare opportunity to spend the weekend in London with friends and do all the things that that I don't otherwise get the opportunity to do. London is the best city in the world, so I love to just have the opportunity to take it all in.

GARETH EMERY

Morning Mr Emery, how does The Gallery find you on this fine day?
Pretty good thanks. Sitting in the lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5 waiting for a slightly delayed flight, so it's a good time to catch up with you guys!

You are playing this coming Friday at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound, what can we expect from you?
A lot of that depends what time I'm on, but generally some tasty chunk progressive house/trance early on, moving into more full on trance but steering clear of generic cheese and keeping plenty of groove and basslines in the mix. Oh yeah, and some nice vocals too. Lots of nice vocals around right now. Maybe a few Emery classics too, but really it depends on the crowd and what I'm feeling works best. I usually prefer to go with the moment and don't like to overly rehearse sets...

What else have you been up to of late in terms of productions, remixes and other news?
So much going on right now, it's a bit hard to keep track of it all. We've just kicked off my new label Garuda with a double A side by me, two tracks called Exposure / Metropolis. We've only promoted Exposure so far but it's had a wicked reaction and is getting smashed by Armin, Jules and others, it looks like a good start. We've also signed some really good other material that I'm looking forward to releasing. On the remix front my last mix was for Oceanlab's "Lonely Girl" which was a pleasure of a project to work on - I'm really happy with the mix which has been taking the roof off in my sets, it's very housey but with a bpm and energy level that means it fits into trance sets really well.

What can we expect from you in the coming months and the summer season?
Spending a lot of time on tour - my diary looks more hectic than it's ever been with some great clubs and festivals lined up over the summer. Outside of DJing, I'm very focussed on new productions as well as really kick starting Garuda, both the label and our Garuda Live club night at Sankeys.

What are the top three tunes rocking it for you at the moment?
Jochen Miller - Face Value
Jerome Isma-Ae - Smile When You Kill Me
Gareth Emery - Exposure

What new producers / rising talent has really caught your attention of late?
Ben Preston, Adrian Ivan, Alkatraz, Heatbeat, Paul Keeley, and Myon & Shane54 are all new(ish) producers who I think are really on it right now. As always, it's the stuff that evades neat genre classification and combines elements from different styles that I find the most interesting, and all of these are making unique genre crossing music.

And finally whats your favourite thing about visiting London?
I love London... I've got a lot of friends and family there so to sum up a visit in one sentence would be an injustice. There's just so much to do in the city. I will say though, that my favourite thing about visiting for a Gallery night is the rather plush Malmaison hotel where always have a good session in the bar before heading to the club... although I always be stumbling out of there the next day terribly hungover. Your fault? I think so...

THE GALLERY PODCAST 070: GARETH EMERY
Gareth Emery returns to The Gallery this friday for our Easter special and in preparation for the ensuing madness we are delighted to welcome him to The Gallery podcast where he lays down 60 mins of the best beats around... enjoy!!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/podcast.aspx

Back