The footy !!

weloveliam@space

Don't think we've got a thread specifically about the football matches palyed or coming up !!

Great results for LFC and spurs last night. Good to see Torres get off the mark, and Johnsson, he had a blinder. And Defoe is on fire :eek: Personally I cant see Spurs keeping it up, they'll probably do a Villa, great 1st half of season then falter in the 2nd.

And what a result for Manure :lol: Owen missed a few, Carrick missed a penalty :lol: Great 8)

At least Rafa saw sense and started with Benayoun last night. Really hope he gets a run in the side as we look MUCH more positive with him. Even if he plays ahead of Lucas in order to make way for a winger like Riera or Babel we're just better with him in the side...

See my quote in the other thread about Spurs and Defoe. But I agree with what you say.

Johnson is quality signing for Liverpool and along with Defoe, the one player in recent years that has never been replaced.

Rumour flying round that a premiership manager walked out on their club this week and been in emergency talks. Bets were suspended on Rafa who has the hump over having to sell Alonso. Double standards seeing he was trying to shift him year before to get Barry in. Just hope it ain't Zola who walked but Shirley he must've known taking the Ham job that he was never going to have dough to spend.

Good result for us last weekend but I know full well we are capable of losing 3 on the bounce starting with Tottingham Sunday and then 'Wall on Tuesday and knowing how fickle our fans are, could well be Zola out, sell Upson, sell Can't Control etc etc.

Still only 2 games in or 1 for some for us so let's not have any 'kneejerk' reactions.

At least Rafa saw sense and started with Benayoun last night. Really hope he gets a run in the side as we look MUCH more positive with him. Even if he plays ahead of Lucas in order to make way for a winger like Riera or Babel we're just better with him in the side...

Very clever player Yossi. Can open up defenses with ease with his passes.

Agree 100%, he looked immense in the second half against spurs. Though fair play to Rafa for sticking with him, you cant blame him for trying summit new 1st half on sunday.

I think once Alqulanis is fit, he'll have trouble accomodating Benayoun, Masch, Kuyt and the Babels and Rieras, unless we get a few good cup runs :lol:

No mention of Le'Arse on here. Looking good so far.

Van Persie is due a big season. Also Arshavin is quality who will get better.

If they can keep injury free they will go all the way.

:lol:

love the fact liam starts this thread after the Man Utd loss and liverpool victory.. he mustve forgot to start it on monday ;)

Agree 100%, he looked immense in the second half against spurs. Though fair play to Rafa for sticking with him, you cant blame him for trying summit new 1st half on sunday.

I think once Alqulanis is fit, he'll have trouble accomodating Benayoun, Masch, Kuyt and the Babels and Rieras, unless we get a few good cup runs :lol:

Yep, For me it's Kuyt, Mascherano, Aquilani (when fit) and Benayoun with Gerrard playing off Torres.

Ayala had a good game at the back too, although not tested enough as he could have been. Hope Rafa gives him a good run in the Cup games and rests Carragher so he gets 'comfortable' in the side. All too often last year the fringe players came in and didn't gel because they never got enough time to settle their nerves etc.

Reina has started well too, including the Spurs game. Remember when Cech was Chelsea's hero when he came back from the head injury. He made the difference between draws & losses, wins & draws etc. Let's see if Pepe can do the same for us this year.

We've also signed Krgiakos today. Let's see how he turns out....

love the fact liam starts this thread after the Man Utd loss and liverpool victory.. he mustve forgot to start it on monday ;)

Agreed, although maybe he did miss the "its all gone quiet" thread started by chewie after the match on sun...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

matt collins said:
Agreed, although maybe he did miss the "its all gone quiet" thread started by chewie after the match on sun...
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=63956

Ya, I guess the nondescript title allowed Liam to pretend that there wasn't already a "thread specifically about the football matches palyed or coming up":lol:

And have you all forgotten about Chelsea? Looked great in the 3-1 win over Sunderland, even with half the first team rested. Deco was a monster... back to his old self (for now!) 8) Probably back in first place by the end of this weekend!

No mention of Le'Arse on here. Looking good so far.

Van Persie is due a big season. Also Arshavin is quality who will get better.

If they can keep injury free they will go all the way.

I have Arsenal leanings, but the odds of any team getting so few injuries as to win the Premier league with so little depth in a squad are pretty tough. Current starting 11 look good and that centre back (so far) looks like another potential Wenger 'whohellhe?' wonderbuy.

I'm a bit suprised none of you are discussing how QPR are doing this season ;) Liverpool, Man U etc...no one cares about small teams like them!

Ya, I guess the nondescript title allowed Liam to pretend that there wasn't already a "thread specifically about the football matches palyed or coming up":lol:

And have you all forgotten about Chelsea? Looked great in the 3-1 win over Sunderland, even with half the first team rested. Deco was a monster... back to his old self (for now!) 8) Probably back in first place by the end of this weekend!

I haven't forgotten about them Morbs. I have backed them to win the title(along with Boro/Leeds/Northampton).

Too strong physically and mentally. Plenty of strength in depth too.

This could be though the most open race yet. Giddeup.

;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chose to ignore it ;)

Yup. Didnt think Chew thread had the apropriate title. This one can run all season where we can talk about the footy in general :p

I haven't forgotten about them Morbs. I have backed them to win the title(along with Boro/Leeds/Northampton).

Think they mean me Liam, not you Liam ;) Same name same birthday :lol:

Yep, For me it's Kuyt, Mascherano, Aquilani (when fit) and Benayoun with Gerrard playing off Torres.

Ayala had a good game at the back too, although not tested enough as he could have been. Hope Rafa gives him a good run in the Cup games and rests Carragher so he gets 'comfortable' in the side. All too often last year the fringe players came in and didn't gel because they never got enough time to settle their nerves etc.

Reina has started well too, including the Spurs game. Remember when Cech was Chelsea's hero when he came back from the head injury. He made the difference between draws & losses, wins & draws etc. Let's see if Pepe can do the same for us this year.

We've also signed Krgiakos today. Let's see how he turns out....

That is a fine looking midfield Jam. I do still think Lucas and Babel might prove a few people wrong, especially in world cup year, and with their LFC careers in the ballance.

Re Ayala, now we have Kyrgiakos (great replacement for big sami) i'm happy to have ayala as back up seeing as Agger will be out for a while (again :rolleyes:), and as you say, he should get a decent cup run.

I see us scoring a few on monday, and I'm hopeful fulham can manage a draw at least ;)

Back