The Footy (2013-2014 Season)

Morbyd

Just found this little gem to get the ball rolling for this season :)

[video=youtube;6KeG_i8CWE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8[/video]

I've been following usasoccerguy on twitter for a while now and he is very good at portraying what us brits think Americans are like when it comes to soccer.
I saw he posted this on facebook too, more quality material from whoever came up with it.

Soccer guy is hilarious, well worth a follow.

Im really looking forward to the season ahead, I think Saints may be on for an exciting season. Less than 3 weeks til our first home game vs Sunderland, and I'm off to Norwich away the weekend after. Should be good fun!

I've been following usasoccerguy on twitter for a while now and he is very good at portraying what us brits think Americans are like when it comes to soccer.
I saw he posted this on facebook too, more quality material from whoever came up with it.
I've seen that usasoccerguy feed and I concur with your assessment!
But this NBC ad had me in stitches all morning.
I love that line (after finding out Bale is from Wales) "How many countries are in this country?" :lol:

Re: this season, I'm uber-excited with Jose back 8)
Debating whether or not to fly in for the opening game of the season, even if it's just Hull.
However, I've already booked my trip to Prague for the SuperCup :D

We got off to a flyer against Donny on Saturday.

In approx 30 mins I will be finishing work to head straight to our bitterest rivals. Forget your Manchester, Catalan and Merseyside derbies this is where it's at! Blackpool vs Preston. Come on your Pool!

We got off to a flyer against Donny on Saturday.

In approx 30 mins I will be finishing work to head straight to our bitterest rivals. Forget your Manchester, Catalan and Merseyside derbies this is where it's at! Blackpool vs Preston. Come on your Pool!

oh dear. Did you see the police horse knock over the steward at the end?

He knocked him over and trampled on him! A lot that went on that game and after hasn't been reported either which is probably a good thing...

tumblr_m8jfhbSdQQ1rzzmzfo1_500.gif

Very dull Saturday of Premier League action followed by all action Sunday.

Liverpool fans have now won the league after 3 points from a very poor Utd performance. Arsenal fans, myself included, hoping that victory against Spurs doesn't give Wenger confidence not to buy today. Spurs fans meanwhile, waking up to the fact that you can't replace a one-man match winner of Bale's quality, with a number of lesser players. Whether those players bed in, and Tottenham are anything like as competitive as last season, remains to be seen. Arsenal - buy some quality today or field a youth team by Xmas.

Early favourites have to be Chelsea at the moment.

Got back last night from a weekend in Prague.
The SuperCup was one killer rollercoaster ride. I have never screamed so loud for a ref to blow his friggin' whistle! :lol:
Wasn't meant to be in the end, but a valiant effort against a team I honestly thought would have an easier time beating us.
Maybe you're, right, Buckster. This Chelsea team hasn't even gelled together so I'm excited to think how it will look later in the season. Could be our year!

chelsea were unlucky not to hold out in the super cup but always thought the germans would win in the pens.
that 5th penalty from chelsea was an absolute car crash.

nice to see moyes off to good start in the big games 1pt out of 6.:)
here's hoping man uninted get shown up for the very average team they are this season.:)

Just the start Liverpool needed this season after quite a few poor ones.
+ 5 points up on those 3 games compared to last season. Next 6 games all against teams that finished below last season so hopefully it can be built on.

Very disappointing from Saints this weekend, made even worse by the fact I was staying with a Norwich season ticket holder for the weekend. Howard Webb needs his head checking before being allowed to referee again, but we were still poor.

Will be missing England's game on Friday night due to being at Bestival. Probably a good thing as I hate seeing the 'big four's' reserves getting shown to be very average.

arsenal are hilarious.
after years of neglecting their squad, bad buy after bad buy, culminating in losing their one true asset to man united (as he got a bit bored playign with so many light weight / showboaters that would win nothing), they suddenly find the cheque book, and buy, yip, another 'creative midfielder'...ozil is another luxury player in a team already packed with them. a typical wenger wet dream signing....pity he wont be up too playing away at west ham, stoke, norwich, southampton

he will do nothing & arsenal won't be troubling the trophy engravers yet again is my prediction, all we will hear is wenger crying about 'creative players needing protection'...i.e please allow my lovely little players to wander unchallenged around the pitch.

i've got a really unhealthy dislike for arsenal...kind of everything wrong with modern football i kinda put on them for some reason, could be thierry henry / the 'fashionable' middle classes / guardian readers coming into it, fever pitxh (although to be fair to hornby he was a real fan of his team), 'the emirates', the price of tickets for the emirates, wenger himself....i could go on.

He definitely strengthens the squad, but quite possibly not in the way needed. That RVP went for £24m, a year before Levy gets £86m for Bale, while we try by forwards for £40m is quite an insight as to who the the real businessmen are.

Can we get a top quality striker in the next window? 4th again if not. Unless Moyes really makes a hash at Utd and they somehow finish lower.

i've got a really unhealthy dislike for arsenal...kind of everything wrong with modern football i kinda put on them for some reason, could be thierry henry / the 'fashionable' middle classes / guardian readers coming into it, fever pitxh (although to be fair to hornby he was a real fan of his team), 'the emirates', the price of tickets for the emirates, wenger himself....i could go on.

Half get it, even as an Arsenal fan, though I can't understand the problem with Henry?

Back