The (Ex) Virgin Review August 27-30

Ekeko

So, here's the glorious review of my fantastic 4 day trip to Ibiza,

August 27:
Arrived around 6:30 PM by ferry via Barcelona. Excited to see D'alt Vila, Eivissa town, and El Divino. Suddenly all the stuff I read at forums comes alive, and as I breathe the salty air and let the sunshine soak me up, I pinch myself and realize I made it! Ok, the scene took less than a minute, but wtf, I 'm in Ibiza baby!
I take a taxi to San An (around 21 euros)and tell him to take me to Excelsior Apartments, hand him the address. He's unsure of the loc, but after asking fellow drivers, gets into the car and off we go.

During the drive I notice the roads are plastered with huge billboards advertising big nites @ the clubs. I see Paul Van Dyke's huge face staring back at me from the billboard. Tiesto, etc. The drive is around 10-15 min and we get to the hotel.
Well, it's a really basic lodge, centrally located in the West End. Had no AC, but it was clean, had a kitchenette and a fridge, prob the most important appliance to save on alcohol. after settling in, decided to take a walk to get my bearings, and to get food and booze to party later. Plenty of small stores to buy food stuff , but my quest for "tinto de verano" a sangria-like drink that got me hooked in Barcelona, proved fruitless. Until I walked close to the Columbus Egg and this store had the tinto and also cheap bottles of vodka, the quintessential party elixir.

Next, time to watch the sunset over by Cafe del Mar, one of the icons of the Ibiza experience...well, it's just a 2 min walk from the hotel, and once I get there, I'm mildly dissappointed. I dunno what I was expecting, but it kinda reminded me of South Beach in a "minimal" way, hum, too much ado about nothing, the stupid sun sets and the stupid people clap...big deal. I found Cafe mambo much more lively, and so is Cafe Savanah. Plenty of hot chicks selling tickets to Amnesia, Space, etc.
I brought my own booze and sat by the rocks talking to other people and laughing @ those paying high prices to sit at those cafes. "the place to see & be seen"...my hairy ass.

Now time to go find something to eat, shouldn't be too hard in San An. I end up in "Tamesis" or sommething like that, had half a chicken w/salad & fries (or chips :eek: ) for just 7 euros...quite a bargain. To my surprise, it was curry chicken, never had the stuff before, but it was mild and tasted great. San AN is quite an experience, full of chavs :)spank:) party people, lots of nice cozy pubs, good area to party, maybe not to sleep. There's a nice strip joint called "the sin" :oops:, gorgeous girls and cheap drinks (5 euros), made friends with a nice Brazilian girl, but that's a story for later. :twisted:

Went back to my room, which is hot, the ceiling fan wasn't cooling anything, and taking showers was the only option to cool a bit. I opened the curtain to let air in, but was met by the curious gaze of an old man sitting on a chair at the balcony right across the street. Damn, I want my privacy, the right to be free-balling in my own room, but for modesty's sake, closed the curtain and took a brief nap.

It's around midnight, on to Bar M which hosts pre-parties to Cream @ Amnesia. Now, it was either Cream or F@ck me I'm famous @ Pacha, but I already bought tickets online to Cream, and decided to leave Guetta for next time. Well, it turns out that bar M gives a free ride to Amnesia, how cool is that? :eek:, but as I found out, there's no thing as a free lunch. The bus is free, but only if u purchase yer tickets there. Otherwise u have to buy a drink at the bar, get a stamp and show stamp to the bus driver. Did exactly that, got a cheap beer for 4 euros and on my way to the first Ibiza club: Amnesia!

Well, how can I describe it? Amnesia is big, had a nice lazer show, the acoustics are of the best, and yes, the cannons were there to cool you off, :). On to the music, unfortunately PVD wasn't there that night, it was Ferry Corsten, and his set was good, had the house packed, I remember a good mix of "Smalltown boy" that got the crowd jumping. Absolutely loved annie Mac on the terrace, which was bigger and had more room to dance to. Saw plenty of offerings of laughing gas at 5 euros, but that's not my cup of tea. Beer was 11 euros I think, mind's a bit foggy now, but was there until around 6 Am and took the (this time) free bus to San An.
By then I couldn't give a rat's ass who's looking or not, I opened the curtain (room was hot!) and went blistfully into sleep.

Here's some pics from Amnesia that night: Btw, the club has signs al over saying it is forbidden to take pics, so i did it only when I thought was safe. Had a bunch of people doing the same, so i guess at this point the staff don't care

1000169g.jpg

1000174z.jpg

1000183v.jpg

1000198m.jpg

1000199u.jpg

1000189t.jpg

it kinda reminded me of South Beach in a "minimal" way, hum, too much ado about nothing, the stupid sun sets and the stupid people clap...big deal.

:lol::rolleyes:

well what exactly did you expect to happen?

JAWS to make an appearance?

... I brought my own booze and sat by the rocks talking to other people
and laughing @ those paying high prices to sit at those cafes.
"the place to see & be seen"...
my hairy ass ...
:lol:

... There's a nice strip joint called "the sin" :oops:, gorgeous girls ...
made friends with a nice Brazilian girl,
but that's a story for later. :twisted: ...
so what the F happened ? :lol:
did you shag her ? :twisted:

Back