The end of El Row?!!?

All-yr round open air non-glitzy ? Hmmmm !

If you want something non-commercial there's a microclub with friendly industry crowd on Wednesdays and 5-hr sets from some great DJs - Macarena in Ramblas. Size of a large hotel suite with bar at the back and booth bang in the middle. Looks like a dodgy brothel from the outside !

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Macarena-Club/193211744041734?fref=ts

Had one of the best fun nights here with Guy J doing an amazing set and completely up for it mature crowd of about 75-100. New friends guaranteed. It was great.

ELROW i an amazing party (far better than dc10:p).. :( :Good music with theme crazyness i should have done all elrow's parties on august ...The party not to miss on saturday :cool:, ,ever done the after party...how does it look like & where it happenned?

row was amazing... i went last year... only time, over sonar. was blown away. there was a massive group of us, and everyone seemed to be on that crazy spanish party level... everyone chatting to one another... making friends with people on stilts, a random goat... just love all round.
i never experienced it earlier, much like i didn't experience dc10 in the early years, nor space with the open terrace... but... i still loved it and still love them.
easily on par with ibiza. glad they are finishing on top, gutted im not making it to the last one with my friends, but cant complain too much as im in ibiza....
VIVA EL ROOOOW!!!!

There's a new club opening this month called "Ker" - probably stay open in the Winter at weekends. Might be worth a look - here's the line-up for the 1st month :

NL_KER_001.jpg

www.kerclub.com

The best new thing in barcelona this summer was elektrik piknik. Kompakt amongst others did an outdoor thing there. Fave clubs for me: macarena, sala be cool, apolo. Generally speaking though barcelona isn't all that for clubbing anymore. There just aren't enough people into music to really sustain a scene

is ker club the new place from the guy behind el row?

story i heard was he got fed up of the drug dealers taking over inside el row & police had been on at him about it as well.

I haven't seen any cross-marketing to suggest that - not sure who is behind it to be honest.

I think one hears lots of stories ;) .. of course the place was full of drugs. What decent club hasn't been for decades ? However, this was never some sort of dealer war zone. It was always about the fun.

Back