£0 / £TBC
Fully licensed bar until close

tickets-are-available-on-the-door.gif

Main Room & Lounge: Dubfire, Nic Fanciulli, Don Mac

AKA: The Shapeshifters, Simon Hawes

Last edited by a moderator:
Closing party info below

Closing party information​

We'd like to announce the ticket details for The End's closing party - we have deliberated for a while over how best to run the night. Tickets for many of our closing events so far have turned up on eBay, being sold for hundreds of pounds - which we didn't feel was fair to those of you unable to buy them. So for the last night, we have decided that the fairest option is to operate on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no advance tickets available for this party, all of the places will be available on the door.

The door price will be £40 and the venue will open from 8pm. We appreciate there may be lengthy queuing times on the night, so we've worked out a way to make the wait as fun as possible. We have obtained a licence to close West Central Street to traffic, and will be covering the queues with a marquee, there will be a silent disco, and we will be providing drinks and other entertainment. You may have to wait, but it'll be the best wait ever.

The party will be going on well into Sunday afternoon, so if you wish to stagger your entry time until later, you will still have plenty of time to enjoy the closing night. The ticket price includes entry to the afterparty - so you can stay as long as you want. We will try to let everyone have an opportunity to join the party and say goodbye.

Not sure whether they're doing that to be "fair" or to make a quick buck! £40 entry is a bit of a joke.

It will be a good party but it will also be rammed to the point of no return! I'm debating about this one...

I think it's expensive too, but then even though I like the club, it doesn't hold a special place in my heart like turnmills did for example. I guess it depends on your memories associated with it.

I mean if the turnmills closing wouldve been £40 I still would've thought it was cheap. (Werent Turnmills closing parties £20?)

As it is, I'll just make my mind up nearer the time I think.

Southern Fried Disco on the Thursday before is £10

Fatboy Slim, Cagedbaby, Shinici Osawa, Misdemeanours

Not everyone's cup of tea but I am going to slide on down for it as not going to make the actual closing party itself

£40 to queue up for hours in the cold on the off-chance I MIGHT get in to a club where I WOULD be a sardine

er, no thanks...

The End has done a lot for the scene and I had a lot of good times - rampling, knuckles, joey negro, cj mackintosh, moodymann playing some sh1t-hot sets over the years, but time to move on :arrow:

the west end is now a total musical no-go zone - fuk it

doh no tickets?!!

I've now ripped my plans up to come down for this.

Looks like a nightmare. Laughing at them taking the moral high ground on ebay sellers & then charging £40!

I can't risk travelling from Manchester to wait in the cold for hours. I guess it will be 100% rammed to capacity for the whole event also, which sounds like a mare.

Fair play to them though, they are a business and it is their last pay day so they have the right to make the most of it, however (albeit not knowing the venue) I fear this is a right pain in the arse waiting to happen.

Southern Fried Disco on the Thursday before is £10

Fatboy Slim, Cagedbaby, Shinici Osawa, Misdemeanours

Not everyone's cup of tea but I am going to slide on down for it as not going to make the actual closing party itself

Advance tickets now sold out for this one. Not a surprise really seeing as it's only a tenner

Back