The Disco Thread

aside from the H, would anyone else touch this music in IBZ? genuinely interested - I get the impression Glitterbox is way more 'obvious' and diva-based
Only been to Glitterbox once but enjoyed Joey Negro and at times he wasn't so obvious, but generally yes it is. I heard a few tracks about 3/4 times ?. Got tickets for Sept as a friend wants to go and I want to see India do a live PA. looking forward to Folamour, he does play some really good stuff and some obvious again.
Hoping la discotheque at ibiza rocks plays some decent stuff as the line up looks decent, fingers crossed. Ticket was only €15 so not lost to much if its sh$t.

used to be - sadly had to sell it all or give it away when I left London ?

I got involved in the whole disco scene by chance really - through online forums such as DJ History which genuinely changed my life & also endless blogs and niche parties with a regular, loyal following and I really do miss it.

I think most people have a misconception of what disco is based on all the cheesy cliches when the reality is very different

ultimately the best nights for me will always incorporate some elements of disco - I've heard people mix pointer sisters into techno before and rooms totally go off! the best DJs for me have a really broad mind and historical knowledge and will play whatever works.

used to be - sadly had to sell it all or give it away when I left London ?

I got involved in the whole disco scene by chance really - through online forums such as DJ History which genuinely changed my life & also endless blogs and niche parties with a regular, loyal following and I really do miss it.

I think most people have a misconception of what disco is based on all the cheesy cliches when the reality is very different

ultimately the best nights for me will always incorporate some elements of disco - I've heard people mix pointer sisters into techno before and rooms totally go off! the best DJs for me have a really broad mind and historical knowledge and will play whatever works.
The older I get the more I like disco, for me it has a mixture of all the elements I like in music.
Who are your favourite DJs that play disco in their sets?

The older I get the more I like disco, for me it has a mixture of all the elements I like in music.
Who are your favourite DJs that play disco in their sets?

oof too many...

Bill Brewster, Cosmo, Toby Tobias, DJ Harvey, Todd Terje, Psychemagik, Greg Wilson, Nick The Record, Soft Rocks, Daniele Baldelli, Johnny 'Chingas' Hillier, Neil Thornton, Beppe Loda, Heidi Lawden, Moonboots, Eric Duncan, Rahaan, Tiago, Idjut Boys, Phil Mison, Felix Dickinson, Francois K, Bradley Lucke, Lovefingers, Justin Strauss, Bruce Tantum, Thomas Bullock, Force of Nature, Jonny 5, Mudd, Lindstrom, Beautiful Swimmers, Dave Sims, Ali Renault, Allez Allez, Joakim, Dimitri from Paris, Joey Negro, LEXX, Gilles Peterson, Mark Seven, Moodymann... the list goes on.

I wouldn't necessarily want to hear it ALL night long but these guys tend to mix it up - my one negative is 'boogie' which I can never get into - usually my cue for the gents

oof too many...

Bill Brewster, Cosmo, Toby Tobias, DJ Harvey, Todd Terje, Psychemagik, Greg Wilson, Nick The Record, Soft Rocks, Daniele Baldelli, Johnny 'Chingas' Hillier, Neil Thornton, Beppe Loda, Heidi Lawden, Moonboots, Eric Duncan, Rahaan, Tiago, Idjut Boys, Phil Mison, Felix Dickinson, Francois K, Bradley Lucke, Lovefingers, Justin Strauss, Bruce Tantum, Thomas Bullock, Force of Nature, Jonny 5, Mudd, Lindstrom, Beautiful Swimmers, Dave Sims, Ali Renault, Allez Allez, Joakim, Dimitri from Paris, Joey Negro, LEXX, Gilles Peterson, Mark Seven, Moodymann... the list goes on.

I wouldn't necessarily want to hear it ALL night long but these guys tend to mix it up - my one negative is 'boogie' which I can never get into - usually my cue for the gents
The list certainly does go on. Yeah I like a mixture of music in a sets as well not just disco.
Do you still go out when your in Ibiza?

The list certainly does go on. Yeah I like a mixture of music in a sets as well not just disco.
Do you still go out when your in Ibiza?

we usually squeeze one party in but not sure what's happening in Sept yet - will probably be pikes or malanga or one of the other late bars in the old town.

Back