The colour of the DC-10 terrace this year...

.... damn would love to see Loco in DC-10. I really hope they get someone "special" for the opening, not just residents. Very much doubt arpiar will be on the bill and they were the main draw for me last year..

my fav dc10 vid of loco, just ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgR3a7v5gyQ

I can only dream about seeing loco being in dc10, it would be my ultimate set I think?! I hope he'll pop up some where when I'm there.

Talking about luciano, does anyone know when the line-ups for vagabundos are released?

my fav dc10 vid of loco, just ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgR3a7v5gyQ

I can only dream about seeing loco being in dc10, it would be my ultimate set I think?! I hope he'll pop up some where when I'm there.

Talking about luciano, does anyone know when the line-ups for vagabundos are released?

I don't think you'll be seeing Loco Dice in DC10, I read something on here somewhere a comment from the organisers about their change to house music - said something about the days of Loco Dice etc being long gone. You might find it in one of the Circo Loco threads in Ibiza parties

I don't think you'll be seeing Loco Dice in DC10, I read something on here somewhere a comment from the organisers about their change to house music - said something about the days of Loco Dice etc being long gone. You might find it in one of the Circo Loco threads in Ibiza parties

:cry:

What are Dan Ghenacia / Dyed Soundorom / Clive Henry like? Do they play it a bit harder? I suppose Cassy will cater to my tastes a bit at the opening, and of course Tania.

I'm not sure I've heard Clive Henry can sometimes be a bit poo listen to their mixes on soundcloud I guess. What music dyu like? Tania doesn't play minimal in Circo Loco anymore if thats what you're after - but thats only as far as I know from experience and listening to mixes. It's still good though but I like house as well

Yeah I know, I just meant if I could choose any dj and club for that would be my choice! I've seen him 6 times and every time he has never disappointed Only if I could have been round in ibiza in 2006! Anyway I wouldn't say loco is strictly techno (sometimes), I'd say he has house influence, not pure tech like stacey pullen or ben simms

Jamie Jones is on when I'm there so almost as happy 8)

:cry:

What are Dan Ghenacia / Dyed Soundorom / Clive Henry like? Do they play it a bit harder? I suppose Cassy will cater to my tastes a bit at the opening, and of course Tania.

I know dyed soundroom are excellent, seen clive ages ago at a circo loco in liverpool. Didn't massively stand out but the whole night didn't, so not much to go off really.

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/jamie-jones-vs-clive-henry-live-circoloco-the-end-london-04-05-2008

Great mix this! give you an ides, towards the end is immensely good

Matthias Tanzmann played a lot there last year I think, he was there the night I went and he was awesome really bouncy, he was in the light room. I didn't go in the dark room at all this time as the light room has become less sinister - I can't decide whether this is good or bad, it's kind of both I like the new feel of the room but miss the creepiness!

Matthias Tanzmann played a lot there last year I think, he was there the night I went and he was awesome really bouncy, he was in the light room. I didn't go in the dark room at all this time as the light room has become less sinister - I can't decide whether this is good or bad, it's kind of both I like the new feel of the room but miss the creepiness!

He is playing in Amsterdam when we are there, worth going then?

Yeah Matthias Tanzmann / Tania Vulcano / Squillace will deliver. I fully intend to see all of them.

No, I'm not hoping someone will bang out a minimal set, those days are long gone, I love Tania's current style am i wrong to classify it was quite hard and pounding? It always sounds that way to me.

I also like DJs that mix it up and drop an occasional minimaly track + I like sets containing tunes which I really wouldn't expect, as in surprising old tunes or just weird unusual tracks. This is partly why I love Villallobos / Raresh / Petre Inspirescu / Rhadoo but none of them are featuring.

People I will probably avoid = Kerri Chandler (although I'm guessing he'll have a headline slot in the terrace), Sossa, System of Survival..

I do have high hopes for Cassy though.

Actually just looked at the line up again, might have overlooked some people. Chris Carrier is a great producer, he might be good. Also have heard some of Guido Schnieder and that might be my kinda thing.

How is Andrew Grant / Cirillo / Damian Lazarus? Is Ellen Allien what she's cracked up to be?

Also that set at the End is big, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassy is awesome seen her loads of times, she sometimes plays a nice mix of tunes from house to techno to dropping the odd disco tune. I haven't seen ellen Allien but have a really good mix which is supposed to be her from soundcloud although the style of music changes in such a way halfway through that I'm sure it becomes someone else. Damian Lazarus is someone who I'd like to see, Guido Schneider I have a few mixes of but haven't got round to listening yet as I've downloaded so much!

Cassy is awesome seen her loads of times, she sometimes plays a nice mix of tunes from house to techno to dropping the odd disco tune. I haven't seen ellen Allien but have a really good mix which is supposed to be her from soundcloud although the style of music changes in such a way halfway through that I'm sure it becomes someone else. Damian Lazarus is someone who I'd like to see, Guido Schneider I have a few mixes of but haven't got round to listening yet as I've downloaded so much!

Hahaha sounds very dubious on the Allien mix. Gonna have to scout out soundcloud actually and check out these people for myself. Glad Cassy is good in person though! This set isn't the best quality but worth a listen:

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/cassy-live-tenax-club-italy

Anyway it's undoubtedly going to be amazing and probably the highlight of the openings for me but blehhh I still don't get what happened with arpiar. They are still very underground unlike Luciano / Loco Dice and I think their style still fits with DC-10. They were the Circo Loco poster boys for a few years right? Even mixed the 10 years compilation. I heard something happened at the opening with them last year. Maybe I read it here. Possibly bull**** but I would love to know either way..

just curious..why are you avoiding kerry chandler?:D

Lol I know he's an original house legend and this is tantamount to sacrilege but I really wasn't feeling his set in London at Circo Loco NYD, was waiting for Squillace b2b Tanzmann and his set dragged on way past advertised. Too epic/uplifting/soulful.

Probably a bit shortsighted to avoid him completely though, will give him another chance..

no worries man..ive heard him numerous times over the years..just be greatfull he hasnt broke out the bontempi keyboard and played it live.:eek:

i remember seeing damian lazarus play there in 2007 i think and it was the best set of the day by far. was just when they began playing some more vocal stuff and on that soundsystem with that atmosphere at that time it really worked well. Im a fan of the more minimal sound that you used to hear there in years gone by myself. Listen to the Essential Mix from there in 2006 with Tania and Loco , her set is still kinda housey but its pretty fast and tough.
Tbh i think it would be pretty hard as a dj to play a bad set in that place in the early evening onwards the atmosphere is electric.
Clive Henry is normally on warm up duties , i tend to find his sets pretty average at best and not just in dc10.
As to Arpiar not sure what happened with them , my guess is that the circoloco endorsement/residencey got them to a certain place and Andrea perhaps decided to make way for some new people like Squilliace , Jamie Jones , Seth Troxler (tho not sure if he gona be there this year)

To me personally from reading the statement it looked like they were desperately trying to get away from minimal and anything to do with it because thats the reason why they were shut down but with the new style there is no reason to get shut down (analysed deeper minimal = scatty druggys) . Thats just what it read like to me anyway! :confused:

P.s don't ever feel guilty about avoiding the legends of soulful house and don't be bullied into paying to see them

Back