The colour of the DC-10 terrace this year...

Conkermon

No longer active
Right this is almost certainly not worthy of a thread but I would like to know whether the terrace alternates between yellow and red? My first experience of DC-10 was last year and I'm pretty sure I like yellow > red, it seems more insane. So here's hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it yellow before? I remember the first time I went there when it used to be scarey and it seemed lighter although I could hardly breath let alone check out the wallpaper so I can't remember the colour

Was it yellow before? I remember the first time I went there when it used to be scarey and it seemed lighter although I could hardly breath let alone check out the wallpaper so I can't remember the colour

Ahahahaha, well it was yellow in 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLundVSZoI), I think it's preferable. Obviously will go regardless of the colour of the walls but would be cool if it changed, red was too subdued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ZyRmqNbZs&playnext=1&list=PL58DCE17C96D9CE5C

this is the exact day when I first went and it was red last year soooo maybe they alternate red and yellow :D The dark room was bright turquoise in 07 you can see it in the background of one of my pictures

haha good detective work. i hope it proves to be correct! i would settle for that pinkish red, which also seems wrong, the pure red is just too conventional. turquoise in the main room would also suffice.

if i get there on the 30th and nothing has changed i will be so disappointed.

also, anyone have any thoughts on whether the garden will be open for the opening? it seems stupid not to, considering how rammed the opening was last year and how cool that outdoor space is... quite an annoying tradition for it to only happen at the closing.

i believe it was yellow and open air when they first started doing parties. then hwas red for some years and various roofs/windows/vents were added. then yellow in 09 , back to red last year (and a new soundsystem)

only started becoming red when they built the roof over the terrace

The old DC 10 looked so much better

Awesome, thanks for the links. I love how the tunes still sound fresh. It's weird hearing samples from recent tunes, they really get recycled huh.

Glad Tania is still around but damn would love to see Loco in DC-10. I really hope they get someone "special" for the opening, not just residents. Very much doubt arpiar will be on the bill and they were the main draw for me last year..

Why is everything covered in Ibiza now days, DC-10, Space, Amnesia :( I mean obviously there's logic in it but it is a shame. Also I wonder what time those videos were filmed, looks pretty early.

I wish I could have experienced Ibiza back in the day.

Also based on that I guess red looks likely :(.

yeah, I was also there that day! I remember an excellent and pumping luciano!!!

Was he there? I don't know I spent most of my day in the dark room, I only remember Ricardo Villalobos cos he was trying to speak to me all the time to the point of bothering me :lol:

i believe it was yellow and open air when they first started doing parties. then hwas red for some years and various roofs/windows/vents were added. then yellow in 09 , back to red last year (and a new soundsystem)

It was terracotta when it first opened.

(and free)

Was he there? I don't know I spent most of my day in the dark room, I only remember Ricardo Villalobos cos he was trying to speak to me all the time to the point of bothering me :lol:

yes he was, that was the time luciano was one of the residents.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who are majorly affected by the colour of the walls inside DC-10 but it has just been announced they are being replaced by clear plastic....:eek:

Haha to be honest i dont care what colour it is, all i know is that im going to be there in 6 weeks and 5 days and dancing my little socks off to prob one of the best line ups i have ever seen :lol::lol:

Thanks for that. Aaah the memories. I miss that bar in the middle.
My first time was year before those videos, dancing next to a very worse for wear Sara Cox

video from the opening last year, just wondering if anyone can deduce who is likely to have been playing in the main room from 44 seconds? it sounds to me like it could be arpiar, but i'm hoping it's someone else who is featuring this year.. i want to have the option of that slightly, darker, harder vibe... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shH1ln5Zl-0

Back