the big smoke

james

Administrator
Staff member
welll....every now and again even Spotlight need to get away too. This weekend it was London's turn. We took in a few early doors bars (Opium, Trap, Waikiki) before turning our attention to the main event - a trance party at Turnmills where our own mark sun was playing :D as well as loads of others including the mighty Hybrid who played a full on breakbeat trance set to a room of massively up for it Friday revellers enjoying the rarity of a live band with substance. Jumping ,screaming, dancing - everybody off on one; what an absolutely wicked atmosphere.

unfortunately we didnt manage to catch mark (although i swear i asked every dj their name) - weve just lost the plot a bit now, more later (much later)

p.s. my first time in london for 6 years - what an eye opener!!

Sounds 8)

Quite a few people from here are out in london tonight if you're still there mate.......babs is at ministry for Jon Carter, as are a few others i think......

Have a good one!

You're spoilt for choice in London Town tonight if you're hanging around James.

Jon Carter @ Ministry
Delboy Carter @ The End
Frankie Knuckles @ Turnmills

Maybe see you later ;)

surfaced again after a sauna at my mates gym. not sure about tonight, allthough it sounds tempting ;)

still cant get over what a wicked night last night. the whole soho bar thing was really cool and relaxed, and turnmills was outstanding.

the house bar was funky, lucien foort was nails and hybrid really were tops. very friendly vibe.

just one thing though... london is more expensive than space!. well ok it does not cost 5 pounds for a bottle of beer - however, what with a drink here, a cocktail there, a taxi ride or two and entry to several bars/clubs i spent a bloody fortune ;-)))

enjoy tonight peeps!!

Wasn't it a great night at Turnmills? Haven't been there for ages and had forgotten what a friendly up-for-it crowd you get at the Gallery.

well, heeding that classic advice barbie, after a bottle of sparkly at home, we got straight on it again. out to oblivion in clapham which was quite fun and then back to reliable turnmills - for a bit of the godfather.

excellent allthough a bit too gospel towards the end for my liking.

seeing as it was our second night on the trot we took it easy (NOT) and stayed til the end. the coach and plane journey back home yesterday was instantaneous ;-)

i now need a proper holiday ;-)

hope ministry was good!

james said:
well, heeding that classic advice barbie, after a bottle of sparkly at home, we got straight on it again. out to oblivion in clapham which was quite fun and then back to reliable turnmills - for a bit of the godfather.

excellent allthough a bit too gospel towards the end for my liking.

seeing as it was our second night on the trot we took it easy (NOT) and stayed til the end. the coach and plane journey back home yesterday was instantaneous ;-)

i now need a proper holiday ;-)

hope ministry was good!

James - I was at turnmills for frankie on saturday, what a fantastic night! What time did you leave? The last hour was brilliant - knights of the jaguar, dream lover.... ahhhh 8) I'm guessing it was CJ mackintosh but I couldn't leave the dancefloor to find out :p

cookie,

we were there until about 5 or so. spent a lot of the last hour in the funky room (room 2) which was groove city ;-)

main room sounds wicked though from what you said. i only heard the first hour and a half of knuckles' set which was really deep gorgeous house - really good atmosphere too

it was a totally last minute trip so we didn't really plan to go out clubbing anywhere special - hearing that hybrid were playing live whilst standing in the queue on friday night really made my evening ;-)

once i've saved up a bit more money i shall be back like a shot ;-)

p.s. no moaning from any londoners about ibiza prices next season please ;-)))))

Back