The Big Debate...

MrMambo

I dont want to dampen anyones spirits by bringing this taboo subject up, but...is Ibiza on the decline OR is it just having a 'cleaning out' period - if you know what I mean.
I read in ministry mag some time last year and there was this bleak article concerning the demise of Ibiza, especially last year. There was a depressing picture of sunset strip with literally TWO people outside (and they were both picking rubbish up by the looks of it). Granted, it could have been taken early morning etc etc.
Im going in a few weeks and really looking forward to it but would like some regular Ibiza veterans to comment on this, just so I know what to expect.
I went in 2000 and it was mind-blowing, will it be as good this year.......?

Cheers for your opinions!

*yawn*

ibiza's going nowere, the only people who say it is are the ones who want it to go down the pan.

every year i go it is just as good if not better than the last im not expecting anything less than the best theis year!!!

2000 was my year also and ive been going back twice a season since.
Not noticed any decline in its appeal or punters either.
So, dont worry just get out there and relive 2000 ;)
Happy times :D

First went in 1996, going back 10th time in June and every holiday has been as good or better than the last one :D

I wouldn't believe all what you read in magazines/newspapers, certain ppl have got nothing better to do than try and make a story up about nothing :rolleyes: I think that the number of people going to Ibiza for the West End etc was down last year, but the number of people going to places like Pacha, Space was up. Nights like Ministry, We Love Sundays, DC10 were more rammed last year than I'd ever seen before and if the West End is going to be more deserted, well imo that can only be a good thing :D

Ibiza its better every year, because only the true Ibiza lovers are the ones that keep comming
cool-smiley-027.gif

El_Diablo Posted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibiza its better every year, because only the true Ibiza lovers are the ones that keep comming

and the others can come and go, but we will stay forever, i feel a song coming on! tralalalalalalalalal

diablo, how do u do those dinky little faces! i'm bored with the regulars!

I saw that article in Ministry last year to. That pic of Sunset Strip is a bit fake I think. If you look closely its the same picture-they have just altered the image on computer to make it look bad. Anyway, thought that last year was rammed to-couldn't move in half the clubs and the atmosphere was wicked.

Don't believe everything you read-its just not true!!

that pic of the sunset was taken at different times of the year!

ministry mag were a disgrace for printing that pic!!!

YEAH MINISTRY YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED IM NEVER BUYING YOUR MAGAZINE AGAIN(ACTUALY IS IT STILL ON SALE AINT SEEN IT FOR AGES ) STICK WITH MIXMAG THE COPY OUT ON FRIDAY HAS AN IBIZA PULLOUT!

MINISTRY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

klingclubber said:
El_Diablo Posted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the others can come and go, but we will stay forever, i feel a song coming on! tralalalalalalalalal

diablo, how do u do those dinky little faces! i'm bored with the regulars!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/

I have to say that I went 25 July last year and 1st week in September in 2001 and the amount of people I noticed was WAY down.

This wasn't necessarily a bad thing though.

Back