The Big Chill

Is Sunday the last day? Most of the crowd stayed till monday when we went i think - its a bit a mission out of there on a sunday eve as its out in the sticks.

Yeah, I think most people will stay Sunday night. We're going to leave Sunday daytime as there's no-one on to justify losing a day's money on Monday for.

Can you spit some more through the wire for us ??

West was a complete tool. 40 mins late on stage. Performing just over backing tracks. Mid-set rant because people dared boo him for not bothering to come on stage on time. I missed the rant because two songs were more than enough to know he wasn't worth the wait.

Janelle Monae was amazing, as were all of her band and dancers. A proper performance - Mr West should watching and learn. Admittedly she had a bit of luck with a memorable moment - she did that 'go down, go down' trick Tinie Tempah is keen on, but as everyone jumped up the heavens open suddenly. She was quick enough to say 'I made that happen':lol:

The Bullitts were wicked - Stringer Bell (Idris Elba) rapping! I'm not one for getting star-struck, but he's one cool mofo.

Janelle Monae was amazing, as were all of her band and dancers. A proper performance - Mr West should watching and learn. Admittedly she had a bit of luck with a memorable moment - she did that 'go down, go down' trick Tinie Tempah is keen on, but as everyone jumped up the heavens open suddenly. She was quick enough to say 'I made that happen':lol:
She is a serious talent. A friend turned me on to her album a few months ago, then I saw her and the band here in June. Met a couple of guys from the band too. Really nice people. Top notch performers!

Not surprised about Kayne :lol:

West was a complete tool. 40 mins late on stage. Performing just over backing tracks. Mid-set rant because people dared boo him for not bothering to come on stage on time. I missed the rant because two songs were more than enough to know he wasn't worth the wait.

Boo'd him ? The audacity of it - didn't they know how privileged they were to be in the presence of a living god ? Off with their heads - all of them...

Good one - she also has the distinct advantage of being quite a looker ? ;)

The Bullitts were wicked - Stringer Bell (Idris Elba) rapping! I'm not one for getting star-struck, but he's one cool mofo.

That I wasn't expecting !!

Some more:

Chemical Brothers and 2 Many DJs did what you'd expect as did Calvin Harris. I probably enjoyed Tom Middleton more at about 6pm on the Saturday. D 'n' B mix he played of Golddigga was probably the Kanye West moment of the weekend:lol:

Oh and the crowd, yeah, a little a bit rah, but nice, friendly and fairly well-behaved. I'd heard it refered to as 'Tarquinstock' :)lol:), but there was nice mix of people getting alone famously. I do fear for the innocent young Hoorah who was adopted by a group of Scouse girls on Saturday morning. 'Come 'ere la, we'll feed you' - I think he was probably eaten alive!:lol:

On a personal note, it's the first time I've taken an other half to a festival. She aced it, didn't moan about the cold showers, had as much fun as I did and found it as amusing as I did when I was chatted up by a couple of young Manc girls.:lol: I haven't decided whether 37 is too young to find 'silver fox' a compliment though:lol:.

Pretty definite after a number of 'current Mrs Bs', the permanent edition is here8)

Oh and the crowd, yeah, a little a bit rah, but nice, friendly and fairly well-behaved. I'd heard it refered to as 'Tarquinstock' :)lol:), but there was nice mix of people getting alone famously. I do fear for the innocent young Hoorah who was adopted by a group of Scouse girls on Saturday morning. 'Come 'ere la, we'll feed you' - I think he was probably eaten alive!:lol:

On a personal note, it's the first time I've taken an other half to a festival. She aced it, didn't moan about the cold showers, had as much fun as I did and found it as amusing as I did when I was chatted up by a couple of young Manc girls.:lol: I haven't decided whether 37 is too young to find 'silver fox' a compliment though:lol:.

Pretty definite after a number of 'current Mrs Bs', the permanent edition is here8)

Silver fox congrats on Mrs B, good review

I haven't decided whether 37 is too young to find 'silver fox' a compliment though:lol:.

:lol:

Yeah it's a difficult conundrum that one ain't it?

It's like the twinks on Old Compton looking me up and down saying, "He's alright in an older man kinda way" :eek: :lol:

Buckley in Tarquinstock seals love match shocker ...

(Thought that one was used for SGP tho' ? :lol:) ?

Very pleased you've found the right match.. not easy at the best of times... 8)

still hanging on to my youthful good looks, meself (... :rolleyes: ) so maybe there's a chance for me too .. may have to start dying my hair grey at the roots by the sounds of it...

Back