THE best band in the world...

kell

OK, i know they are not dance, but does anyone out there agree that pink floyd were years ahead of their time and truly are THE best band in the world??
I've met loads of people lately who've looked at me very strangely, even blankely, when i've said that!!!
My musical taste is v v wide ranging + I was just shocked at lack of amazement for this group... (suppose i did have older brothers who brought me up on it tho!)

ure not on ure own mate Pink Floyd are xxxxing superb.....I sat down and watched a concert from 1994 on my brother in laws big ass tv and sound system 1 day after coming back from ibiza and sat there buzzed out ma nut just losing myself in the music.......they are superb...they dont even do drugs like alot of rock stars did in their time.

coley said:
..they dont even do drugs like alot of rock stars did in their time.

coley, the very name pink floyd refers to drugs - it was a type of lsd in the 60's.

Ya Pink Floyd are superb, definitely ahead of their time. Surprising alright the amount of people who know f ' all about them. If you like good music go out and buy their best of, you wont be dissapointed.

Surprising alright the amount of people who know f ' all about them.

Will never cease to amaze me :?: .

One of my fave's is their Atom Heart mother album, and of course wish you were here, best of all time 8)

The Australian Pink Floyd are well worth seeing if you get a chance. They come to the Olympia every so often, not sure bout Cork???

stephen said:
coley said:
..they dont even do drugs like alot of rock stars did in their time.

coley, the very name pink floyd refers to drugs - it was a type of lsd in the 60's.

Ah ha...you learn something everyday.....My names Coley which derives from Cole... :p :p :p ....

and I use a gas fire to keep me warm in the winter....We all need a sell-point????.. ;) ;) ;)

The Wall - an excellent, trippy, film

thewalldvd.jpg

well, band wise, i'd say the beatles are up there with the best, and oasis are my all time favourite despite the grief they get....

kell said:
The Australian Pink Floyd are well worth seeing if you get a chance. They come to the Olympia every so often, not sure bout Cork???

Cant say I ever remember them visiting here, Ill live in hope.

Pink Floyd didn't do drugs?

That's f**king hilarious.

Every album they've ever done has been about drugs and the way you think after you've done 'em, how you can't go back to the way you thought before, even if you want to.

Sid Barrett who started the band now lives in someones loft, an acid casualty - someone who reached for the secret to soon. Hence 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond.' Next Monday morning when you think - "So this is what life's about then?" See 'Welcome To The Machine.'

And the whole 'Dark Side' album is based on paranoia from comin' down.

Not even gonna get started on 'The Wall.'

No drugs? Man that's funny.[/quote]

Windigo said:

Every album they've ever done has been about drugs and the way you think after you've done 'em, how you can't go back to the way you thought before, even if you want to.

Sid Barrett who started the band now lives in someones loft, an acid casualty - someone who reached for the secret to soon. Hence 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond.' Next Monday morning when you think - "So this is what life's about then?" See 'Welcome To The Machine.'

No drugs? Man that's funny.
[/quote]

I know ya, the first time my brother played "Dark Side Of The Moon" for me, I turned around to him and said "Jaysus, they must have done some drugs"

cheers mate ;) have seen both live in concert.....they absolutely blew the roof off..... the last time I saw Oasis, Richard Ashcroft supported them and he sang all the old Verve classics, that was pretty spot on as well :p ''the drugs don't work.....'' :eek:

Windigo said:
No drugs? Man that's funny.
[/quote]
Yeah, soz, no drugs - surely was a joke wasn't it?!! I mean, you'd have to be to come up with a song title "several species........"!!

Back