Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

Most check dates..flights to London from here are great value..we can stay in a friends apartment in canary wharf.. is that close to hackney?

ok this might be of interest to this thread

<spam alert>

some mates from London are putting on this 3 day event in Sept in Italy (my missus & I are heading there straight from Ibiza via Rome and then (somehow) flying back to Barcelona on the Sunday night!)

It's their first time. Pretty small, I think they capped it at about 300 but won't be too cliquey or anything. I don't think most know each other. Mostly Brits and Italians going. (30s-50s)

relax by the pool by day and party in the woods by night - music c/o some very well-known names (the gist of it)

+ top notch local Umbria cuisine with full / half-board options

full details here >

https://www.lacasellafestival.com

:lol::lol:

Been quietly rehearsing what I would say if I ever came face to face with any of these 'fictional' characters.

Options include:

1. "Sorry man. I feel real bad. Nothing personal. It was insensitive. I should have anticipated that your boss/wife/mum might have put 2 + 2 = 7"
2. "How dare you feel offended! It's fiction you mong. I control total intellectual property rights. Deal with it".
3. "Hey, you think I was mean to you!? I came out of it far worse and so did those 6 other 'fictional' guys".
4. "Being nice about people is boring. That's why people read Popbitch/Twitter/Tabloids/16 page forum threads".
5. "Was I really that harsh? really? really? Feel honoured. I spent months trying to get that passage right"
6. [already used] "My girlfriend actually wrote/edited that bit".
7. "It was only a silly book. Lighten the f**k up".

:lol::lol:

Been quietly rehearsing what I would say if I ever came face to face with any of these 'fictional' characters.

Options include:

1. "Sorry man. I feel real bad. Nothing personal. It was insensitive. I should have anticipated that your boss/wife/mum might have put 2 + 2 = 7"
2. "How dare you feel offended! It's fiction you mong. I control total intellectual property rights. Deal with it".
3. "Hey, you think I was mean to you!? I came out of it far worse and so did those 6 other 'fictional' guys".
4. "Being nice about people is boring. That's why people read Popbitch/Twitter/Tabloids/16 page forum threads".
5. "Was I really that harsh? really? really? Feel honoured. I spent months trying to get that passage right"
6. [already used] "My girlfriend actually wrote/edited that bit".
7. "It was only a silly book. Lighten the f**k up".
I'm trying to find out where you live :lol:

What about this one? I find Noely G insufferably boring normally, but this is a great remix IMO. (But is it Balearic?)

for those just joining this thread and wondering about the title, some clues here >

Plastic Fantastic
3 hrs ·
Plastic Fantastic @ Café Del Mar, Ibiza, May 26th.

Dear friends and followers,

As you know Plastic Fantastic was booked in to play the Sunset slot on Saturday, from 7PM - Sunset.

In preparation for the set, we had put together and submitted a full list of the records we were playing, in addition to a brief description of the vibe we were going for, and this was seemingly met with approval by the venue. Despite having received positive feedback from both the guests and the friendly bar staff, John was constantly being interrupted and heckled by the General Manager (Alberto) who demanded he play more uptempo material. This interruption and heckling was of course very disturbing for John who was playing on behalf of the group. John explained that he was playing a carefully planned set and had received nice feedback from the guests and that fans of Plastic Fantastic who were there were posting favourable comments on social media. After several more interruptions from Alberto and also having completely compromised the flow and natural progression of what we firmly believe would’ve been perfect for the sunset at Café Del Mar, John decided to finish his set after approximately one hour and Ken Fan took over. We were with a sizable group of close friends and family, celebrating John’s forthcoming wedding, and our performance at Café Del Mar was intended to be a treat also for them. We were of course extremely disappointed but decided to stay on and experience the sunset. Several guests asked about what had happened and why our set was over so soon, and although sympathetic they were visibly disappointed when we explained that we weren’t able to play further.

We would like to thank all who came down to see Plastic Fantastic. We’re terribly sorry it was cut short and we would like to apologize to all who were disappointed. It’s a big shame that the current management seems to have forgotten what Café Del Mar once was and the heritage of the its pioneering spirit.

We’re planning to play in Ibiza next year (we're scheduling some dates at the end of the summer), but perhaps we'll focus on venues which are more in tune with the ‘real' Ibiza vibe; It would seem Plastic Fantastic is too Balearic for Café Del Mar...!:)

We would also like to thank Toni Simonen and Ken Fan plus all the lovely staff for being so nice to us, and once again a big thanks to all of you who came down to see us, it was lovely to meet you:)

Best regards,
John & Eirik

Back