Thanks to Everyone for London Advice Last Weekend

D

djcherni

Thanks to all who offered words of advice as well as those I met who made the weekend such a blast.

Here is the rundown:

Friday - Arrived at our hotel (St. Giles) at about 11ish. As an aside, the St. Giles Hotel is a wicked deal at 50GBP per night... basic rooms (do you really spend much time there) but great location (on Oxford St. near Tottenham Court tube) and access to the YMCA gym/pool next door is a nice touch (cleansing swims are good). Hit Turnmills at about 12:30ish... decent venue albeit very dark. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the music in either room (too heavy in the main room, too drum n bassy in the side room). However, we met this Thai girl and her husband who gave us a sunrise tour of the Thames in their car (awesome) and invited us back to their place for libations. Very hospitable.

Saturday - Took advantage of the awesome weather to get a tan and do some sightseeing. Had dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant on St. Martin's Lane where we met a really nice Aussie girl named Sky (how amazing is that name) who told us to go to "The End" which we did. Met some more amazingly friendly and beautiful Londoners there... Aka bar and The Middle Room played cool music (anthemy soulful house and electro-popish stuff, respectively). After The End, I hit a party at Temple Pier (which despite a reputation amongst the locals of being a bit "yardy" was the closest thing London offers to Bora Bora) with my new friends where I stayed until 11am (headed back to the hotel to check out and shower) and returned later in the afternoon to sit on the Thames in the sun, listen to some house and chat with some more amazing folks right up until I had to catch my flight back to Dublin...

What a weekend and what a city! Well worth the pain and excessive coffee consumption I am enduring this week. Already planning my next weekend rendez-vu once I come back to Dublin in October!

Thx again,

DJC

djcherni said:
After The End, I hit a party at Temple Pier (which despite a re*beep*tion amongst the locals of being a bit "yardy" was the closest thing London offers to Bora Bora) with my new friends where I stayed until 11am (headed back to the hotel to check out and shower) and returned later in the afternoon to sit on the Thames in the sun, listen to some house and chat with some more amazing folks right up until I had to catch my flight back to Dublin...

Yay that's the boat party we went to the wk before after Ministry, I was pretty impressed, it's not as good as Madame JoJos but since JoJos is closed for the summer and you get that nice outdoor feeling being on a boat it's an excellent option for these summer months.

Back