Thailand - Bangkok / Koh Samui

wow..awesome stuff, spend a month out there over xmas and went to samui, phi phi, phuket, chiang mai, bangkok.

not sure if you have been there before but thailand is amazing, each area having their own unique vibe.

watch out for the ladyboys....and im not even joking....easy to make a mistake if you know what i mean:confused:...

anything in particular you want to know?

ooooo oooo oooo me me me...:D

Jeeeeeeeeeeez where to start...

Firstly,if there is a full moon party on when you go...you MUST get yourself over to Koh Phagnan....its brilliant, one of the best party experiences you will ever experience IMO...

As for Koh Samui...where abouts are you staying ?!

If Cha Weng....you will love it, of a night time, that place is buzzing...

Get on over to Ark Bar,when we were there they were doing a free bbq on the beach on wednesday...might not apply for when you are there,but that place has a 'coolness' streak to it so to speak...DJ's going etc etc

There is a club there open till 7 in the morn, but like f**k can i remember what its called or where it is, i was slightly intoxicated to say the least...

I am 23 btw and went there after xmas and came back mid january....depends what you wana see and wana do really,but i atleast know the club life out there is good :lol:

The food is amazing,there probably isnt anything i didnt eat over there and soooo cheap 8)

As for Bangkok,hope you are not there tooo long coz its not a place you can really do alot in. Defo get on a tut tut (spelt wrong im sure) they are fun and is a good cheap way to get around. Get on down to....dam forgot it now,but theres a night market on there every evening i think...but i warn you, you will get pestered to see ping pong shows :lol: its funny at first but they do persist etc so jst have your wits about you...

we also did a cruise along a river with a buffet, which was lovely, saw bangkok lit up of a night which was lovely, the entertainment left alot tobe desired for :lol: but still nice of an evening...also floating market and tiger temple....these can be done jointly and are highlights and must dos of bangkok...

The one advice i willgive you is...when it comes to bartering, any price you get, instantly half it and go from there 8)

I literally touched the ice berg of Thailand,either way i am jealous and you will love it :D

decent restaurants / bars in either ?

w/ the Mrs so won't be brassing .

The restaurants and food stalls are great places to eat at. If you like spicy and seafood you will be in heaven. The food is really cheap and will different than the Thai food at your local. Just be daring and just dive in. If you mind heat in your food let them know.

The restaurants and food stalls are great places to eat at. If you like spicy and seafood you will be in heaven. The food is really cheap and will different than the Thai food at your local. Just be daring and just dive in. If you mind heat in your food let them know.

I had a thai green curry on the beach and omg it was THE tastiest bit of thai i have,and probably will ever eat 8)

ooooo oooo oooo me me me...:D

There is a club there open till 7 in the morn, but like f**k can i remember what its called or where it is, i was slightly intoxicated to say the least...

:D

sound club??? that is where i went mostly, there is green mango too but i prefered sound club.

chaweng was great, stayed in the ark bar too, was great just sitting there in the evening sinking a couple of changs with the music pumping in the backgound..

thai food is amazing too, i love the currys and also pad thai..

its already been said but yea the food is really cheap... just eat from the little street vendors that you see dotted about...some people dont trust them but i think they are spot on

its already been said but yea the food is really cheap... just eat from the little street vendors that you see dotted about...some people dont trust them but i think they are spot on

yea that was probs it,i really was nevergoing to remember, esp as i was more interested in the australian men than caring where i was ;) :lol:

agree on the street vendors....i remember leaving green mango etc and wanted some food, so got some chicken skewers off the stool,ate a bit and decided in my highly drunken state that i wanted to make sure it was proper cooked so decided to cook it some more myself :lol: then i was still hungry so got a hot dog off another stool and got some dude to go in a 7/11 to get me a bun for it, that was a random funny night :D

I ate at food stall all the time with no ill affects. The only thing I don't eat is pork. I had some spicy food that made me say ouch the next day.

Get over to Koh Phangan - ignore the full moon party (go to Guy's Bar at the Sanctuary instead)...then get over to Back Yard for afters. 8) (it's incredible)

Personally hated Green Mango and Sound (dire) but you've seen the variety of opinions on here so go try them out if you think it's your bag.

Samui is even better for parties but they're more difficult to find. Check the local gossip for anything promoted by 'Ritual' or going off in Rocky Bay.

Visit Gecko on the North of Samui (Bophut) - Charlie Chester often heads down there with Jo Mills and the DC-10 residents always used to play there too. You have to catch it on a good night to get the full terrace treatment but when you don't, it's still a nice bar.

Have fun! No idea what to expect in April mind.

iv heard some good reports about the back yard..was supposed to end up there but we never made it...iv just checked out some vids of guys bar on youtube...im going to head there next time i think

Soooooo over Thailand, it's all about Malaysia! :rolleyes: :lol:

Seriously though, Thailand is great, but it's VERY Westernised. Places like Ko Samui anyway. Great for a first time, but depends if you want to see Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Boots and Tesco's on a tropical island.

Ko Phangan is much better, much less touristy and if you head away from Haad Rin (where the Full Moon party is) you can find some beautiful untouched parts of the island.

You have to do the Full Moon Party at least once though, its a sight to behold when you approach the beach and see it all lit up with people dancing!

I preferred Lamai beach to Chaweng, you can head down there on a Songtaew for a change of scenery.
Also visit the Big Buddha and Bhoput beach to the North of the Island, that's pretty cool for photos and stuff.
Just explore as much as you can, there's so much more to Samui and the islands around there than Chaweng beach, try and see some of the more untouched parts of the islands.

You're lucky you've just missed the worst floods over there for years!! People had to be evacuated off the islands by helicopter at one point! :eek:

I loved Bangkok, the mayhem, the busy traffic, the humidity!! Things I'd recommend:

The hop on-hop off boat is the best way to explore the city. Buy a ticket (really cheap) and hop off wherever you want to explore. Much better than getting taxi's everywhere.

The Skytrain is a cool way to get about too, especially if you are doing shopping as it runs between the main points. Aircon and immaculately clean!! Puts our tube to shame!

Khao San road.... has to be seen at least once. Good for cheap drinks and people watching

Go here for dinner on your last night... http://www.banyantree.com/en/bangkok/dining/vertigo_and_moon_bar/ and get the steak - it's like a brick of cow sitting on your plate and is sooooo good! 8)

Great Minds Becki and i did beat you by 6 minutes ;)

Only because I was already typing that essay and if you think about technically when I started typing it must have been about 10mins beforehand, the thought was already in my mind so really I beat you 8) :twisted:

Only because I was already typing that essay and if you think about technically when I started typing it must have been about 10mins beforehand, the thought was already in my mind so really I beat you 8) :twisted:

Whatever :lol:

At least we are that the Banyan Tree is an amazing place to eat a Steak! The hotel is amazing too.

Back