Tenaglia - Montreal

bbc6673

One word - GENIUS!!!!!

I've seen Danny once before but only caught 1-2 hours of his set...BUT going to Montreal - a city he loves and likes to perform marathon sessions in was incredible, to be honest I think that half of the people in the club were Torontonians :D ....I got to the club at 5:30 am on Sun. morning and left at 6:30 pm on Sun. evening 8) ....he was still playing when I left even though he kept saying he was wrapping things up and rumour has it he played til 7:20....I would have loved to have stayed til the finale but I had to eat, shower and catch a plane so I couldn't wait until the lights came up and that was probably a good thing considering the shape I was in... Danny did break his previous Stereo record of 17 hours so I can only imagine the next outing :eek:

The mixes and sounds coming from the speakers were over the top, Danny played everything from tribal/funky/dirty house, to acid house, to disco, to what he called 'world music', to 'gay' beats, to tech house, the list goes on. :D
DT really likes to put on a show with the flashlights and likes to talk to his audience, both these things not really my thing but to each his own :rolleyes: ...I now know why other djs attend his shows... he truly loves what he does and it shows...Total respect for DT's playing and for me for lasting 13 hours free from any extra additives (so was DT which is shocking but then again he's not dancing all that time :eek: )...my body is definitely paying for it today :rolleyes: but truly an experience that you could end your clubbing with and not regret a thing...

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed a great Sunday, and yes, I'm soooo Jealous.

On Saturday evening after a couple of bottles of wine, I was on the verge of booking flights to Ibiza for a couple of nights simply to see DT in Pacha, I'm sure that will be a big night.

It's such a shame DT does not take his music around the world more, I am going to have to go to NY to catch the great man before I'm too old for the dancefloor!!

S4racen said:
I think there may be a lot of people who disagree with you on the round the world tour thing.....

Not sure I understand? Surely he is the most sought after dj in the world??

the old queen has truely been ms. party pooper as of late, here in nyc.

he should change the name of his parties to 'be yourself...so as long as i say what you can be'. the laundry list of bitches and moans that he publically speaks out about in regards to his crowd has sucked the party vibe right out of it. i'm surprised his dancefloor doesn't come with directions.

granted, it's his livelihood on the line, but the queen does nothing but lecture.

Sinthetic said:
the old queen has truely been ms. party pooper as of late, here in nyc.

he should change the name of his parties to 'be yourself...so as long as i say what you can be'. the laundry list of bitches and moans that he publically speaks out about in regards to his crowd has sucked the party vibe right out of it. i'm surprised his dancefloor doesn't come with directions.

granted, it's his livelihood on the line, but the queen does nothing but lecture.

I get where your coming from on this, having read numerous reports of hs rantings from another board.

Tis funny as after Ibiza last year, he openly admitted to taking xtc, and he got up to plenty of shennanigins.

He needs a coaching session from BB on how to loosen up :D :D :D

I think it is possibly the NY thing that is getting to him, where people are not really allowed to live a life unless you are doing as uncle Bush wants you to do (or so it would seem to those of us across the pond).

alot of it stems from this city's backlash on nightlife. when you're seeing city sanctioned shutdowns of major venues (exit, twilo, soundfactory, etc.), i can see why the worry is there. that aside, tenaglia still finds a way to bitch about cell phone usage, smoking, proper attire, etc. his crowds have taken a major turn for the worse as well. i gave up a long time ago.

Agree that DT is a total Diva and has a laundry list of items he 'needs' in order to play....BUT when you haven't seen him in over 3 years it becomes less relevant as its his own hang ups not mine.

Plus Canada and Montreal aren't as strict as NYC...personal cannibis consumption is legal, smoking is legal in clubs for about another 2 weeks (in TO) ..... So his complaints on these items don't apply to us..... :D :D

andre27 said:
19 hours of Tenaglia flshing his lights and blabbering into the microphone? Uh, no, thanx!

Come on dude how stupid are you to think that he does that the whole 19hours...
& every rule that is in Arc are all common sense things that only a moron would object to.
1) you cant smoke in NY its illegal
2) breakdancing/circle dancing is dangerous in Arc. Its not that big and you can get hit by a flying foot.
3) people have these cell phones with camera's now and they were snapping flashes in his face has he is trying to play

I closed for him last friday & being in the booth for about 5-6 hours you really see what he is talking about. Stop the exaggerating & the Uncle Bush comment by whoever that was made no sense aswell.

dont take it too seriously mate. not everyone likes DT and sometimes, a post on the internet can be trenched in sarcasm and irony. its just diffcult to see :)

DT is known for doing certain things mid-set. some people dont like his style.

its like someone might bitch about the amount of scratching james zabiela does in his sets...or why the hell sasha has to always end with cowpander..

these little things can be taken and overblown too.....

chill.....

oh, and DT does ask for it sometimes...hes rants on his message board are just crazy...... :p :p

small note not to be rude or anything but:cameras in phones dont have flash :eek: :D :D

So wait.. Is Danny doing the cloing at Space or what?? I heard he finally [after a lot of coaxing..] agreed -?? If so.. I'd like to be there for it!

Back