Tell us how it was, gethboy!

hauskitten

No longer active
Dates you were there: 1st - 8th august

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Piscis Park... awfull pool!

Club nights visited: We love..., cocoon, Uderground, Cream

Best night: Tie between Cocoon and We love

Worst night: Cream, Sasha was boring!

Best bar:

Best place to eat: Zebra

Money spent: c. £800

Biggest regret: Getting swine flu in the last 2 days, not having a.c in the hotel,

Going back?: Not for a few years, if i do will book a nicer hotel!

Top tip: Go early to cocoon, que was a disgusting experience, but worth it! Plus the are behind the dj booth in the discoteca in Space is no longer vip, and is a great place to dance with plenty of room in nice cool a.c. Got some wicked vids of james Zabiela!

Aww your back good time then?? What time did you go to We Love? How busy on a scale of 1-10 was cocoon? Lol what was Underground like and what night did you go there?

Ok, firstly to answer your questions......
Went to We love at around 8
Cocoon was 14/10 for busyness
Underground was wicked, went on the wedensday after channel zoo.

To elaborate on my basic review:

Got to we love at around 8 after pottering around PDB for about an hour. There was a small que to get in.
Arrived in the SST and Jon Ulysses was supllying the "hands in the air" balearic moments we all know and love (however cheesy it gets). This was my girlfriends first ibiza experience, and from the smile on her face i knew she was loving it. Alfredo wasn't long after him with the mood very much smiley, with the soundtrack being the more familiar, commercial sounds of house.

Terrazza (a.c made it freezing!!)
Ian blevins was on when i first arrived, he was playing very laid back deep techy grooves....a bit of a stark contrast to the smiley faces of the SST, but a fitting begining to what was an exciting night on the terrace.
Soon after Dixon was well into his set with the mood very much the same, deep, melodic house with big breakdowns.

Discoteca
On arrival in the main room david phillips was begining hus set with Guido Schneider - Albertino being played as i walked through the door. Then just before 12 James Zabiela emerged behind the decks, setting up hus equipment on his own (i wouldn't blame the sound techs). We then found 2 amazing spots to dance i) was behind the dj booth (where i though was vip, but it isnt??) for when we got a little hot, then ii) was right in the thick of it about 5 m from the front in full view of JZ. JZ opened his set with some technical wizardy with me and everyone else going wild. His set was a nice mix of uplifting progressive tracks with some nice driving basslines to some monster darker tech tracks. He played his new "impact usa" track which was very well recieved. But the highlight of his set for me was around halfway through when he picked up his synth pad (or similar) then blitzed it with lightening fingers ending in a deep throbbing bassline. I and the surrounding crowd was speechless, then soon after he dropped operation blade track from the film blade...and the place went berrrssseerrrrrrck! Awesome moment!

Soon after his set ended we didn't stick around for Hell, we went to the premier etage to find some friends who were rather worse for wear in the chill out tube. I went back into the terrazza to catch simian mobile disco to see what sound they'd play in space. Was very interesting, but at this point i was dead on my feet so we left at around 3:45, grabbed an illegal taxi outside, and headed back for some well deserved zzzzzzzzz

Terrazza (a.c made it freezing!!)
Ian blevins was on when i first arrived, he was playing very laid back deep techy grooves....a bit of a stark contrast to the smiley faces of the SST, but a fitting begining to what was an exciting night on the terrace.
Soon after Dixon was well into his set with the mood very much the same, deep, melodic house with big breakdowns.

you can hear it here

http://rapidshare.com/files/266341740/Ian_Blevins_-_Live_At_We_Love_Space_Ibiza-02-08-2009-ets.mp3

Back