Tell us about ... your favourite club in

S

*Saffy*

THIS country .. and why ?

Mine has/had to be Blueprint in Nottingham, tho it all sorta closes down for the summer, as it's generally where the folks that run the Free Parties hold their winter nights.

Scruffy little place with a low ceiling and LOADS of atmosphere. Extremely friendly staff, and lovely loving people who go. Music wise .. depends on the nights! We go when it's Deep House, and that is what ya get! Deep and dirty ...........

My favourite club in Glasgow is called Cube. It's a relatively new place. Is quite small and dark but has loads of atmosphere. Is the kinda place you can go dressed up or down. It has good drinks promos on a Friday night and doesn't exclusively cater for students like some other clubs in Glasgow. It plays house in one room and r'n'b in the other. There is also a really smart and classy bar across the road called Strata, which attracts quite a trendy crowd, plays good music and makes great c o c ktails.

Really couldn’t answer that cos there are still so many clubs in this country that I want to visit. I was really impressed with the Cross in London. Up here in Glasgow it would probably have to be the Sub Club. I’ve never had a bad night out there yet. :D

In terms of the places I have lived/visited:

IBIZA
Tough call. I love all of the clubs for different reasons:
Pacha - Glamour, layout, terrace, Spanish feel
Space - Terrace, banging stereo & effects, 24 hr opening time
Privilege - Size & scope; and the fact I have always had a brilliant time at Manumission
PinUp - Amazing crowd, "underground" feel
Amnesia - Space Cannon!

NEW YORK
Centrofly - glamour without too much of the NY red rope pretension, great dj lineups, beautiful & aggressive female clientele
Vinyl - Danny Tenaglia residency!

TORONTO
The Guvernment complex - A self-proclaimed wonder of the world. This is where the new Deep Dish GU cd was recorded. Absolutely massive club (bigger than most in Ibiza even) though some rooms are shite. The real highlight is the Skybar, a rooftop nightclub (set so you have a view of both Lake Ontario and the magnificent Toronto skyline) featuring go-go dancers and djs that like to throw down Subliminal records.

DUBLIN
Spirit - Pretty cool venue and go-go dancers. However, the crowd and music in the main room are usually shite. Not impossible to have a good time with the right dj. As good as it gets in Dublin.

Looking forward to hearing about clubs in other cities...

Has to be the Sub Club in Glasgow. I might be a bit biased though since I've been going there on and off for around 10 years :D

Smash

The best club ive been to so far this year has to be BED in Sheffield. I went there on New years Eve. Hosted by "Underwater, Darren Emerson and Tim DeLuxe". A very very good night but bloody cold! :D
I must say though that it does get very hot in there!

I have had faves in the past but at the moment i don't think i have one.
Although i would like to go back to speed queen again as it was brill the last time.
I would also like to go to garlands when it reopens, it used to be a fave of mine in the past.
Ampersand i like too.
can't say that anywhere i have been recently in the uk has ben really amazing.

Has to be BED in Sheffield, almost every weekend there are some phanominal house DJs on, and it is a good size, not too big but not too small. And if your fed up with the main room you can go into the White room for a sit down (if you are lucky enough to find a space), its a bit brighter and not as loud in here, or go straight through this room into the very cool chill-out area. Also theres an upstairs with some usually darker music on and for the VIPs (i blagged it in there once) theres a nice room up there too with the odd celeb to be spotted (seen in there Sophie Ellis Bextor :p and David Sneddon :?: :lol: ) Ive had some of the best nights of my life in that place.

Also worth a mention is Back to Basics @ Rehab in Leeds, a bit smaller but a bit cooler than Bed. Brilliant sound and air con systems, and check out that glitter ball :eek:

And shockingly Barnsleys very own and brand new HUBB CLUB is a must if in the area. With some awsome home grown house DJs (and Barnsley has a surprisingly large amount of excellent house DJs) and a super swanky setting its one hell of a club!!! :lol: :twisted: :p :D

Yeah, Bed - but i would say that wouldn't I!

Bed probably has the best line up of DJ's anywhere in the UK IMO.

The Chuff Chuff's were the best though - went to an awesome one at a stately home near London a few years back. If was 'different' :eek: to say the least.

Yes but bed aa a club is a complete dirty, smelly, slimey,outdated sh1te hole.

Good music though.

Cant believe no one from Glasgow has mentioned the best club in the land!!! THE ARCHES!!!

Pressure, Colors & Inside Out are 3 of the best nights I`ve ever been to in my life.

We also went to the Slam T-in the park after party on Saturday nite and those guys know how to throw a party. I have to say though that Fergie, Tall Paul & Judge Jules as the best I have seen there, they can lift the roof.

Shindig or the Manor Born.

Shindig because its my local club and the first club I ever went to and have had some of the best nights of my life there, even though the music has gone too hard lately for me.

To The Manor Born because its the only place in the North East that plays music I love all night long and attracts the best DJs to do it, in nice surroundings, with a great regular crowd. It's a monthly party at Hardwick Hall in Sedgefield, near Durham.

bazilba2003 said:
Cant believe no one from Glasgow has mentioned the best club in the land!!! THE ARCHES!!!

Pressure, Colors & Inside Out are 3 of the best nights I`ve ever been to in my life.

We also went to the Slam T-in the park after party on Saturday nite and those guys know how to throw a party. I have to say though that Fergie, Tall Paul & Judge Jules as the best I have seen there, they can lift the roof.

I do like the arches, but I have to be in the mood to go and recently the only nights I’ve found myself bothering with are Pressure and Death Disco. Inside Out isn’t my thing music-wise, although I have a friend who plays for them occasionally so if he’s on I’ll go to see him (although I usually come out with a sore head ;) ). I used to go to Colours but it’s gotten really progressive over the past few years and that’s not really my thing either. You're usually guaranteed a good night with Pressure though.

As a venue I do love it, you cant beat it for that dark dingy club kind of feeling. Although it can sometimes seem a bit big (IMO) and this can sometimes have an effect on the sound system. I find the main arch a bit big and impersonal.

I LOVE the small arch however, and the Playroom is usually fantastic too. I saw Tom Middleton the last time he played the Playroom at Pressure and it was absolutely amazing. I didn’t venture anywhere else in the club all night.

:D

K said:
I used to go to Colours but it’s gotten really progressive over the past few years and that’s not really my thing either.

Its funny cos some on the Colours board have been complaining about it being too house lately! :D

I like Colours @ The Arches + Harlem Nights @ The End (tho only been once)

used to love The Tunnel when Steven McCreery was playing his prog tunes but its gone all RnB :evil:

macdonsj said:
K said:
I used to go to Colours but it’s gotten really progressive over the past few years and that’s not really my thing either.

Its funny cos some on the Colours board have been complaining about it being too house lately! :D

To be honest I haven’t been to a proper colours night in about 2 years. I went recently when it was just Morrillo playing but it wasn’t a planned night, we just went cos I knew the guy on the door so he let us in for free.

IBIZA
Privilege - Huge
Amnesia - So good
Es Paradis - Nice and Cute

NEW YORK
Twilo - A must see.
Limelight - This Is My Church

MADRID
Kapital - Big
Groove - To mention one good

Hope not to miss any.

Back