Teetotal

I've recently been testing out some of the non/low-alcohol beers out there as I'm trying to moderate my drinking. I don't intend on completely stopping but I'm not a fan of drinking coke all night, or sitting with pints of water in the pub. Enjoying the Brewdog Nanny State(good that it's on draught in their pubs), and the Guinness Pure Brew lager, and Sainsbury's do a very nice Czech number in a 500ml bottle for a quid. These are working for me but i prefer hoppy citrusy ipa style beer to lager generally, so if i can find a good low alcohol replica of the likes of sierra nevada/lagunitas i'll be delighted. Any other recommends?

More ibiza specific, are there low/non-alcohol beers available there? Do any of the local breweries do one? Intending on driving around a lot and if I can get a nice cold lager that doesn't interfere with that, and that I can take with me to beach etc. I'll be happy.

^ ^ About Ibiza/Spain generally: Not really noticed in bars and restaurants, the larger chain supermarkets; Eroski, Mercadona etc usually have a good range of 0.00-0.01% lagers, the usual Spanish brands and that shops own, thinking of the beach or balcony, I'm sure they're nothing special but I couldn't really say, the last one I had was in 2004....

yes there's usually a whole shelf of largely undisturbed 0% san miguel at my local mercadona.

meanwhile....the craft beer thing has really taken off here over the last 5 years. one Italian guy I know takes it all extremely seriously. It's become the new snooty lifestyle accessory.

yes there's usually a whole shelf of largely undisturbed 0% san miguel at my local mercadona.

meanwhile....the craft beer thing has really taken off here over the last 5 years. one Italian guy I know takes it all extremely seriously. It's become the new snooty lifestyle accessory.

About time too.

Over here I noticed Harvey’s have started doing a low alcohol version of their Harvey’s Best Bitter - not quite craft but should still be a nicer low/non alcohol version. Think it’s sub 1%. Yet to sample. Don’t San Miguel and Estrella both do a “cerveza sin”?

Back