Technics RIP

yeah was rumoured a couple of years ago too.

not really surprising due to the nature of DJ'ing now. Anyone starting out isn't going to be buying turntables over CDJ's or Software systems.

I always assumed that there would be enough of a market, vinyl junkies, old farts, drum n bass crews to keep 'em going

but yeah you're right - I've bought, what, 10 records this year?

I always assumed that there would be enough of a market, vinyl junkies, old farts, drum n bass crews to keep 'em going

but yeah you're right - I've bought, what, 10 records this year?

not even that. most of these people will already own a set with no need to buy new ones. I know i dont need to buy new ones and i've had mine for years. I just hope nothing breaks as spare parts wont be manufactured i'd assume.

Its sad. They were great decks and could take lots of abuse..........unlike some of the CDJs today.

I'm surprised they were still making them. Their build quality and life-expectancy meant that you could go out and buy a set 2nd hand and not have any problems at all, certainly what I did.

Mine have long gone though

miss vinyl shopping massively... legging it down to d'arblay every sat morning... the smell of weed coming from the drum n' bass section in black market, trying to blag promos i knew where under the counter, discovering new music being played in the shop etc.

now i just download, transfer to my iphone, listen to recently added playlist over and over and get bored of great music within days.

ipods / mp3 players have made me bored of most classics.

:confused: :cry:

miss vinyl shopping massively... legging it down to d'arblay every sat morning... the smell of weed coming from the drum n' bass section in black market, trying to blag promos i knew where under the counter, discovering new music being played in the shop etc.

now i just download, transfer to my iphone, listen to recently added playlist over and over and get bored of great music within days.

ipods / mp3 players have made me bored of most classics.

:confused: :cry:

Yes shopping for Vinyl was great fun. The anticipation and expection of finding something special. Bargaining with the shop owner untill he pulls the goodies out from under the counter...

Getting home admiring the cover, slowly taking out the inner sleve and smelling the freshly pressed black vinyl.

Then rushing to place it on the turntable, cleaning the stylus of fluff before you hear that first crackle of raw sound hitting your ears.....

Ahh yes you forget how much more went with vinyl

Back