technics lover

My first pair I sold so I could spend a month in L.A. with mates. Silly really but an unforgettable holiday at the right age. These pair I bought off a mate about 15 years ago. £500 for the pair plus the mixer. I didn’t quibble.

bargain! I used to muck about on my flatmate's BITD. good times :) only digital now, easier but not as fun.

bargain! I used to muck about on my flatmate's BITD. good times :) only digital now, easier but not as fun.
Me and my mate who I play out with use Serato DVS so it’s a bit of both but there’s nothing quite like that panic of running out of record and you’ve already tried a couple of other records that don’t work. Then you find it and get it in just in time. That’s lost with digital but at least I’m not putting my back out hauling around a box of vinyl anymore.

First port of call now is always going to be Digital.
But if you’ve got some inheritance to spend/had a windfall/robbed a Post Office… then adding a 1200/1210 or two to your HiFi or DJ room is a nice nostalgic addition.

At one point I had 4x 1210s all liberated from nightclubs and flogged for cash. Still regret not keeping at least one as I still have a box of vinyl under the stairs

Been threatening to get mine serviced for the last decade. Really should, one is louder than the other.
My mate got his serviced for £150 each. So, it’s tempting as it’s not a fortune but in the current climate they’ll have to wait.

I took one from a pirate station covered in beer and fag ash to get a service. It was a European one, no adaptor, just pushed into UK socket. Worked fine. Built like a tank.

My first pair I sold so I could spend a month in L.A. with mates. Silly really but an unforgettable holiday at the right age. These pair I bought off a mate about 15 years ago. £500 for the pair plus the mixer. I didn’t quibble.

I did similar with a cdj when i was over in California visiting family, it was a stupid decision, as left me with one cdj and a mixer that i never used again (both are still sitting in a cupboard). More recently i was using the behringer traktor s4 ripoff, which had a fair bit more capability than the cdjs did and cost me 1/10th of what the 2 cdjs did. It also now resides in a cupboard somewhere.

At least you only sold one. I sold both mine and they were brand new when I got them. Luckily, the lads who I lived with had decks, too. At least I didn’t sell the records.

Dont suppose anyone looking to get rid of a pair of xdj's are they? On the look out...probs will pull the trigger on a pair of xdj 700's but want to see if anything going second hand...cheers!

Dont suppose anyone looking to get rid of a pair of xdj's are they? On the look out...probs will pull the trigger on a pair of xdj 700's but want to see if anything going second hand...cheers!
Pioneer stuff second hand is going for silly money, due to lack of supplies. I had and sold a xdj1000 6 years ago, could probably sell it for £300 more today.

Back