teatro pereyra

McRackin

Super Moderator
one of our favourite places - this winter not only with live bands every night (rock, blues, jazz, etc) but also with house djs like joan ribas (la diosa, flower power@pacha, etc) or joan compte (grial, balearic people@privilege, etc)!! :p

more info about teatro pereyra here:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8368 ;)

IBI_N10_F1400132.JPG

8.30-10.30: jazz/lounge/house sessions with j.compte (tues+thurs) and j.ribas (the other days)

later: live bands

teatropereira.jpg

this winter joan ribas has also been touring around europe accompanying guitarist paco fernández (known for his work with josé padilla on the cafe del mar compilations) with its chillout-flamenco show fandango (some of you might remember that party last year at la diosa) :!:

winter 2004/2005 update :!:

teatro pereyra is open every day as a coffee bar and has live music from monday to saturday - from 8.30pm to 4am!! :p

430232514.jpg

Hi, I have just read this post,
Mc, last year I went to Teatro Pereyra a few of times, for two days in a row I saw a jazz group very good, I spoke with the singer, he told me he was from NY and he also told me they wasn't a proper group, what I mean is that he told us that everyyear they met in Ibiza and they played together during the summer in this bar.
This year I didn't have the time to go to the Teatro Pereyra, but when I was sitting in the Hostal el Parque I saw him(the singer) go pass, so I remembered how much me and my friends enjoyed their music. I remember he told me that some of the members of the group were from Holland. What I want to ask you is if you know the name of the singer or the name of the group? maybe I am lucky and with the name I could make a research through the net, and buy some of their music if they have ever produced a disco.
Thanks in advanced.
Love

do you mean a black guy called miko? :idea:

btw, another update!! :p

· closed on sundays
· free tapas from 9pm

very old picture of teatro pereyra here :!:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D :D :D , I think thats the
one, he was a black guy and I think that Miko sounds quite familiar. You are incredible
Thank you very much.

miko and his band played at de miedo in the port some days ago. i have seen him live also at rustic (cas serres) and sunseabar (caló des moro)!! :D

your friend miko at guaraná:

_______
IMG_3419.jpg
<--- :p
IMG_3425.jpg

_______
IMG_3472.jpg
<--- :eek:
CIMG0467.jpg

:D :D :D :D OSTRAS PEDRÍN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SÍ SEÑOR, ESO SI QUE ES UN BUEN TRABAJO Y LO DEMÁS SON TONTERÍAS.

MC, YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

escolta: moltes gràcies, ets.....muac

one of the residents at t.p. this year is dj mad dog (also every sunday at grial)!! :idea:

mikkak said:
MC, YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vroom!! = = = = = = = = = =
fahr38.gif

hey mikkak, guest who is at the left on this picture taken yesterday? :p

2005-03-26_IMG_2005-03-19_03.05.02__89-DIB-19032005.JPG

--------------------miko--------------------joan ribas--------------------manolo diaz----------

wow! those jazz paintings look so like photos. i must get down there to see them lifesize. jazz musicians always look so cool.
15070437-3636-01EC0200-.jpg

yeah!

:D :D :D Looks like Miko, jeje, where is this foto taken? Do you know if his going to be playing in the teatro Pereyra this summer? I going to be in Ibiza from the 5 to 13 of august. Looks like if this Miko have plenty to do in Ibiza just like you, non stop boys!!!!!!!!! :D :D

mikkak said:
where is this foto taken?
here you have the answer:

Music Awards.
The local music awards took place last Friday at Can Ventosa.The awards were presented as part of a concert by local musicians which featured the excellent guitarist Manolo Diaz, plus the groups Ivan Domenech, and Statuas d Sal, all of who received awards. The show was enjoyed by a mostly Spanish audience, many of who didn't seem to understand that mobile phones should be switched off, and that also means no texting :lol: . With an admission charge of just 5€ it's a pity that more notice of this type of concert isn't given so that more of us can enjoy the quality entertainment of local performers.

the ibiza sun

in that concert the trio you see on the picture above played some of the songs they are writing for their new project in which they mix the house influence of joan, the funk influence of miko and the rock influence of manolo. btw, manolo got an award for best musical trajectory :!:

hello,

many of who didn't seem to understand that mobile phones should be switched off, and that also means no texting Laugh out Loud
And, what about the ones who go to the cinema and don't switch off the mobile phone or put it in silence or vibe or they answer the phone and they think they are beeing polite because they whisper instead of shouting :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

in that concert the trio you see on the picture above played some of the songs they are writing for their new project in which they mix the house influence of joan, the funk influence of miko and the rock influence of manolo. btw, manolo got an award for best musical trajectory

:D :D :D Looks like in the end I woul be able to get some of their music and take it home. :D :D :D Can wait!!!

another interesting exhibition..........

Traditional Architecture.
The Pereira Café, which is more famous for live music than other art, is staging a fantastic exhibition of black & white photos featuring traditional architecture around the island. The photos are the work of Lourdes Grive, who is the niece of famous local architect Salvador Roig, & has really captured the essence of typical buildings in her photos.

the ibiza sun

mikkak, did you know that miko used to play the guitar with prince? Surprised
I didn't have a clue!!!!! Miko is a really good musician, looking foward to see one of his concerts this summer, I'll try not to miss it.
Thanks for the info Mc.

in related news..........

Music In The Streets.
The Town Hall in Ibiza has set up a series of musical concerts in conjunction with the local musicians association featuring all types of music from Jazz to acoustic rock. These will be staged throughout summer in various streets within the town & will last for about an hour so as not to annoy neighbours who do not like music.
Starting at 20h the 17th April will see a Brazillian band & dancers perform in the Parc de la Pau. The 1st of May sees a Jazz group play in the same park & on the 15tgh a new rock group on the island "Por la Cara" will play in Can Escandell. On the 29th May a soul & funk concert will take place in the Marina area of the town
( miko ;) ) & on the 12th June a comic musical show will take place in Cas Serres. Finally on the 26th June there will be a flamenco show in Playa den Bossa. See you all there!

(the ibiza sun)

Back