Teaching Sailing

WaterBaby

Hey I'm hoping to work in Ibiza this summer and want to teach sailing (am qualified!)- anyone know of any sailing schools on the Island? My google searches are coming up pretty dry...
Thanks Xxx

I've never been able to find a sailing school on the island in all the time that I have lived here. The problem is that the season is short and the mooring fees are horrendously expensive so it isn't profitable to keep a boat here. The only sailing school that I knew of moved to the mainland the year before we arrived here and everybody I know who has taken a sailing a course has had to go to Mallorca to do it.

Thanks for the replies: I just wanted to verify though that I'm talking about Dinghy Sailing- really just looking for any organisations (preferably on a beach!) that own a few small boats for tourists, and might be looking for an extra instructor in the high season, or even haven't previously offered sailing instruction as an activity (I've seen a few that offer dinghy boats for hire only), but might be looking to do so!

2TFruit: I have replied to your message privately, so look out for it.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies: I just wanted to verify though that I'm talking about Dinghy Sailing- really just looking for any organisations (preferably on a beach!) that own a few small boats for tourists, and might be looking for an extra instructor in the high season, or even haven't previously offered sailing instruction as an activity (I've seen a few that offer dinghy boats for hire only), but might be looking to do so!

Thanks

Aaaahhh that is a very different kettle of fish...

If you can speak Spanish then you could try the Club Nautico http://www.estacionesnauticas.info/uk/aeen/eenn-home.php?id=74 in the marina in Santa Eulalia; they teach children how to sail and have regattas throughout the year.

Alternatively try somebody like Cesar at Cesar Watersports http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/cesars/watersports_i.html up the road at Sargamassa.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back