Tax and tip on VIP tables?

Tpat405

I'll be going to Ibiza in July. I'm from the US and have never been before, so I'm not familiar with VIP on the island. How much are taxes on VIP tables (entertainment tax, etc.), and do they add on a tip or other fees on the price they quote you? For example: we're quoted 3000€. If we spend 3000€, what is our total?

Thanks

My only VIP experience was at Carl Cox @ Space last year ... we pre-booked for two people at 500 euro. Ended up bringing in a boat load of other people with us (I think there were about 10 in total), and was quoted a door price of 3000 euro all-in. We paid it all up front and none of us remember leaving a tip or even leaving the club.. all I remember is lots of vodka, lots of beer, lots of drink, cigarettes and other goodies consumed by everybody in the group. Eventual credit card statement reflected 3000 euro converted into Canadian dollars at a reasonable exchange rate. Seemed all-inclusive :)

tax is included in the quote, tip isn't. theoretically you could walk away leaving no tip at all, but if you do so you can be sure the team taking care of you will never ever be taking care of you the way they did this one time. standard is, leave 10% tip - either you don't use all your drink credit (normally if you get 3000€ quoted you get the same amount in drinks) or then add a bit up.

I'll be going to Ibiza in July. I'm from the US and have never been before, so I'm not familiar with VIP on the island. How much are taxes on VIP tables (entertainment tax, etc.), and do they add on a tip or other fees on the price they quote you? For example: we're quoted 3000€. If we spend 3000€, what is our total?

Thanks

yeah 10% as noted above is pretty standard and tax included is in the price of the bottles. Servers usually seem pretty stoked to be getting a decent tip.

This is a question that would never have been asked a few years ago....

i think its a fair question... in the US tax and tip are added on top of the price of the bottles... you are looking at around 31% on top of the price of the bottles here so a $3k bill is really $4K.... good to know that info up front.

Not sure what you're alluding to there Don Simon, but I'll going to Ibiza for the music, not to look cool and act like a big shot in VIP. I just want to experience it, relax, and treat myself since we're not doing VIP at the other 10 clubs we're going to. And I agree Cool1g, it's a completely fair question. In the US it is entirely different. In Las Vegas, Los Angeles, etc. they will quote you $5000 for a table, but that does not include taxes (sales tax, entertainment tax), fees, and the 20% tip that they add. So a $5000 table becomes close to $7000. Thanks for the info you all!

Not sure what you're alluding to there Don Simon, but I'll going to Ibiza for the music, not to look cool and act like a big shot in VIP. I just want to experience it, relax, and treat myself since we're not doing VIP at the other 10 clubs we're going to. And I agree Cool1g, it's a completely fair question. In the US it is entirely different. In Las Vegas, Los Angeles, etc. they will quote you $5000 for a table, but that does not include taxes (sales tax, entertainment tax), fees, and the 20% tip that they add. So a $5000 table becomes close to $7000. Thanks for the info you all!
I'm not alluding anything, I think my comment was a pretty sound fact.
As stivi said "sign of times"

I have a guess what Don and Stivi were alluding to but since i'm not totally sure i'll wait for them to chime in if they want :)

well, I'm not entirely sure if don simon actually thought what I thought he did, but here goes...

I guess the people who booked VIP tables in ibiza back in the day didn't really care so much whether tax was included or not because whatever the case was, they could afford it. and to them it was probably clear that tips will be on top of whatever was the total.

I'm saying all of this with a very objective view really and without an actual personal opinion on it, but it's clear the types of clientele in the VIP areas have massively broadened and you've nowadays got many different VIP client types rather than just one - I can see this clearly here.

then again the actual fact that there is the internet nowadays and certain places like this website where you can book tables and this very forum where you can ask that sort of question is probably also responsible for it up to a certain degree, I'm very much aware of that.

when I said 'sign of times', I actually meant both reasons, broader type of clientele as well as the internet being the place where people are able to enquire about pretty much anything.

Last year I was invited to VIP for Coxy in Space. The waiter added handwritten with a pen a 20% tip to the bill. Don't think that it should be this way... or sign of times??

"At restaurants, check the menu to see if service is included; if it isn’t, a tip of 5–10 percent is normal. In most places, 10 percent is a big tip."

"tipping 15 or 20 percent in Europe is unnecessary, if not culturally ignorant."

Last year I was invited to VIP for Coxy in Space. The waiter added handwritten with a pen a 20% tip to the bill. Don't think that it should be this way... or sign of times??

never seen that in Ibiza/Europe... maybe a waiter just taking advantage hoping the customer didn't notice/care.

Yeah, looks like this to me as well. Normally if we do VIP once in a while, we give the actual serving staff the money directly.

Back