Talamanca - Playa Real

Bellagio

I’ve just been informed that Playa Real in Talamanca will be re-opening this May as a 3 star hotel – under the ownership of GPS.

I’ve check the GPS website & it’s there already taking bookings

not another gps hotel.

Surely an “open” hotel with decent paying customers, whoever it is owned by, is more acceptable than a “dilapidated building” in that it provides employment & customers for local shops & cafes & brings a little more life to the area.

true. but getting decent people to stay in them is the trouble.most are just turning into a 18/30 hotels.who have no respect for others.thats why i pulled out of the algarb.full of teenagers running around.messing about with you door tags.banging doors all times of day.leaving food anywhere.(takeaways).sorry apart from a good group of spainish teens,they were ok.staff not bothered and food gone down hill.

ok for pay for what you get.trouble is with gps taking over the hotels.they are not what they used to be,and thats what people remember.times change.i went in may.it was ok.thought they might have sorted any problems out by oct when i went again.but no.

lots of regulars who used to stay in the algarb have now moved on to other hotels.not in the gps group.the only time gps hotels are full.is opening and closeing space partys.mind you would be nice if gps opened a hotel up for winter.seeing as more flights are going out all year now from uk.i could go on for ever.

employment .who for?. most are not spainish anymore now,low wages long hours.most are eastern x block workers now.cheap labour .so thats why they can make the hotel bookings cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
... employment .who for?.
most are not spainish anymore now,low wages long hours.
most are eastern x block workers now.cheap labour .
so thats why they can make the hotel bookings cheaper.

... fernando ferré (grupo playa soul)
... had by far the most cumulative denuncias of any hotelier
on the island, and was renowned for his non-compliance
of even the most basic worker's rights.
"
secretary general of the UGT of Hotel business in the Pitiüses, Fernando Fernández,
affirmed that the last quota of irregular workers that Ferré has brought to the island
they signed a contract edited in Czech and without complying the legal guarantees required,
by the one that accept to charge 320 euro monthly,
when the minimum wage in hotel business in Spain grazes the 1,000 monthly euro.
The majority of these workers are Poles and Rumanian, affirmed Fernández.

UGT is afraid that this businessman -for the one that the public prosecutor asks a grief of 10 years
of prison by this type of irregular labor practices- he continue hiring more illegal labor
in the next months, when "from June a recovery in the contracting be produced"
due to the arrival of the main months of the tourist season.
we knew that there werepeople working from February that lived in the basements
of the hotels, without light neither water ...
..."
(www.diariodeibiza.es/secciones/noti...do-Ferre-contratar-ilegalmente-casi-empleados)

we knew that there werepeople working from February that lived in the basements
of the hotels, without light neither wate

i can prove it.i saw them below the algarb.what a dump.

Slightly off topic I know,but was surprised to see Thomson/Freestyle selling Hotel

Argos at Talamanca,also first time I have seen Hotel Es Vive on Thomson :!:

HB at Argos, B&B at Es Vive=twice the price...:confused:

Back