Talamanca or Figuretas?

C

CardiffLad

Hi guys

Only 33 days to go :D :D so I'm starting to look into accommodation, have found a couple of places that don't hammer me too much cos I'm on my own but I can't decide between the two. First up is the Victoria in Talamanca, which apparently I can get for £238 for 7 nights (not sure I entirely trust Easyjet on the price yet though, sounds too good to be true), second is the Hotel Nautico Ebeso in Figuretas which I can get for £310 for 7 nights. Ideally I want to stay as close to Playa d'en Bossa/Space etc as possible so the second one seems in a better place, is Talamanca a bit out of the way if I can't drive?

Advice please, I'm itching to book it so I can pack it and then fook off as Peter Kay once said :D

Cheers

I'd go with figuretas, close to Playa and Ibiza town, ideal home, as for your easyjet comment, if they are cheap I'd snap up the flight now, it may well go up shortly!!!

Australia apartment way out of my price range sadly Swiss Taff, still recovering from the £1000+ I spent in July out there, my credit card won't allow me more than a budget apartment this time!

Pick-u-up, cheers for that, am on your line of thinking - bit worried that talamanca is a little out of the way compared with playa d'en bossa/figuretas.

The easyjet price of £238 is for the accommodation only, they do some discount booking thing on hotels apparently - just seems too good for 7 nights for a single person? Best flight from Cardiff so far is £159 all in with Britannia so that's sorted I think.

Think I'll probably go with the £310 for the hotel in figuretas, fancy a short walk to Space on Sunday cos I'll be a bit delicate after Hed Kandi and 2 hours sleep the night before :D :D

Sleep???????? Ibiza and sleep don't appear in the same sentence, if you want sleep go to Eastbourne!!!!!!

Figuretas fur us this time, stayed last year directly at the Ibiza-Town Habour in the Hotel Montesol - too expensive this year (120 Euro per night)

pick-u-up said:
Sleep???????? Ibiza and sleep don't appear in the same sentence, if you want sleep go to Eastbourne!!!!!!

I know I know, but if I go to Hed Kandi all Sat night and go straight from El Divino to Space at 8am I won't last all day all night and be in a fit state for DC 10 on the Monday. Not without a lot of help anyway :confused:

This is why I'm thinking figuretas, I can get back to the hotel by 8, pinch a couple of hours kip and then a short trip to Space to be on the terrace by 11/12. Happy days 8)

I know where your coming from, sleep is needed but DC10 is quite quiet in the mornings this season, starts getting busy about 2pmish, so there's your chance to sleep between Space close and DC10!!!

Anyway, I'm just jealous, been there already this year and just want to go back!!!

Have a good one!!

would it not be easier to book a hotel close by space in playa den bossa rather than us busting our braincells trying to help you decide between two places which are not?

or is that too simple?

djb

CardiffLad said:
Hi guys

second is the Hotel Nautico Ebeso in Figuretas which I can get for £310 for 7 nights. Ideally I want to stay as close to Playa d'en Bossa/Space etc as possible so the second one seems in a better place, is Talamanca a bit out of the way if I can't drive?

Hi CardiffLad
I stayed in the Hotel Nautico Ebeso for a week in June this year. The ideal location. 20-25 minutes walk down the promenade & beachfront to Bora Bora & Space, and about the same to walk through Ibiza town to Pacha so it was perfectly central for me. It's only about a 15 minute walk to the main bus terminal in Ibiza town to get to San Antonio if you need to.

The hotel is 3 star and I found it spot-on quality at a reasonable price. There were quite a few Germans staying there when I was there in June, not that it bothered me in any way, I didn't mingle with the other guests as I was always out.

There's a great Italian Restaurant on the promenade about 100 metres away as well as chinese, etc., fantastic food. The hotel has it's own outdoor pool but I didn't bother with any of that. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the same hotel in the future.

I'm gonna be going back for the closing parties but thinking of staying in Talamanca Bay as I intend spending most of my time in Pacha anyway. Either that or I'll book into Hotel Nautico Ebeso.

Best wishes, hope this helps.

Later
DJ Soulman 8)

DJ Soulman - thanks for the recommendation, that's just what I wanted. If you end up there again in September search me out and I'll buy you a drink.

Cheers

CardiffLad

Back