¦¦ Taking the family ¦¦

S

*Saffy*

Starting this post for those people who take their children over to Ibiza with them. I think it will be a nice read for people who are browsing through Ibiza Spotlight and do have children who go to, or maybe would like to go to,Ibiza.

Anyways .. taking my two this year. Mike and I went to Ibiza for the first time (for me) in 21 years this last year and had a fantastic time! We usually holiday in the Greek Isles or the USA but I just felt I needed to see Ibiza for one last time ...

However .. loved it so much that we decided to take Hannah (16) and Hollie (12) for a week in July.

Vinny ... when did you first take Megan and how old was she? Where did you stay? What do you do at nights?

:D To be honest, all we do in Greece is, beach during the day (for me, both Mike and girls prefer a pool), or nosing round the island .. and at night we tend to go for a meal and a walk about. It's going to be so lovely to have something to look at and listen to (dance to even, as we are right next to Bora Bora) !!

We will probably do one club - obviously El Divino on a Saturday for Hed Kandi (which is confirmed) and as we wont be going out till late the girls we be back at the Apartment.

*Saffy* said:
:D To be honest, all we do in Greece is, beach during the day (for me, both Mike and girls prefer a pool), or nosing round the island .. and at night we tend to go for a meal and a walk about. It's going to be so lovely to have something to look at and listen to (dance to even, as we are right next to Bora Bora) !!

We will probably do one club - obviously El Divino on a Saturday for Hed Kandi (which is confirmed) and as we wont be going out till late the girls we be back at the Apartment.

I agree, one of my gym buddies came out at the same time as us a couple of years ago with his daughter and i thought OMG :evil: but they had a fantastic time. Obviously he didin't do any clubs but thoroughly enjoyed all the other aspects.

But Saffy, how can you just do El Divino and not Space or at least 1 session at Pacha :confused:

Will take it as it comes .. see how the girls are about our leaving them and so on.

*chuckle* ... think we'll just visit the water park on the Sunday and dance to Space from there ;)

I wasn't that fussed with Pacha to be honest. Got sick of treading on glass on the dance floor and being felt up by fellas!

I loved Cafe Mambo at night ... great vibe there, so I can't even begin to imagine what Bora Bora is like at night !! Also loved Ibiza town and Base Bar ... will be heading there a few nights for sure !!!

Space on the Sunday is probably gonna be on the agenda ... will see how we all feel. Not going to worry if we don't go. As I say, I got as much out of the bars at night as I did Pacha.

Great topic saffy!!! ibiza is not just about being young and single you can take the kids and have a great time
here is my story---

we first took megan when she was 3 and stopped in playa den bossa
we stopped in a hotel called mare nostrum and she loved it we first walked past bora bora back then and it was then megan loved it we have got video footage of her danceing on the table in the middle of bora bora and everyone was laughing she thinks its there where a few raised eyebrows from passers bye but we would never put her somewhere she did not want to be.any way she wanted to go back day after day.
there is a fair at night and the pubs are great with kids.

Next year she was 4 and did pretty much the same and even the bar lady from bora bora rememberd megan which she thought was great.
also thought the water park was ace as we could bob our heads up and down to music comeing out of space.

when we went back year after we stopped in san an bay megan started to understand the island alot more and what it ment to us the bay is great for kids at night.
her new best place was the sunsets at mambo and coasline she loved the way everything turned orange when the sun was going down
and she kept wanting to go back to bora bora for the afternoon!!

last year she was six and we stopped in the bay again it was my 30th birthday when we was there so friends and familey came out to us and had a meal at coasline whch was great.
we have had our most memorable time together as a familey at sunsets.
she as even helped hand out flyers stood on bar m wall which was well funny.

anyway the moral to this story is it does not matter if you have children in ibiza you can still have a amazeing time there we do!!

you try telling my daughter she is not going to ibiza this year :(

you want to se her little face when we tell her we have just booked :D

Hope that made sense as i am rubbish on keyboards!!!

Back home people say to us why dont you try somewhere else for a holliday,but why change when as a family you love the island so much.

Quick little funny story for you----- Megan went back to school last year for the new shool term her teacher was asking the kids what they got up to in the school holidays,most of them said they went to the seaside and went on the donkeys,Megan replied went to bora bora miss!!!!!!

:D Awww ... she sounds lovely! A bit more outgoing than my two though .. Well Hannah is outgoing, but Hollie sorta reminds me of the little guy from "Family Guy" .. very disdainful and above it all!

We're in Playa D`En Bossa this year .. break em in easy ... and right next to Bora Bora at Jet Apartments !

As long as your with them when you go to it for the first time and be a little open minded theres every chance they will love it just as much as we do.
Or if they dont want to be stood in the heart of it grab a sunbed nearbuy and just watch what goes on thats worth the price of the sunbed alone.
My mother loved being sat in the heart of it last year after the manumission closing,and we will never forget when my wifes mum who as just turned 60 ordering a cup of tea at the bora bora bar and walking through everyone dancing with a little silver t-pot with megan giveing her the thumbs up as she danced her little flip-flops off on the table.
Ahhh memories so many funny ones to tell.

YOU GIRLS HAVE FUN !!!
Sorry mike you as well mate!!

This is a great topic and very apt for me at the moment.

I got married last year and starting a family is very much on the agenda later this year. I am looking forward to this new aspect of my life immensly but there is always a tinge of doubt when I think about Ibiza, if I will still be ableto go, what I will be able to do there with a young child in tow etc etc . .

These posts are really helping and I'm feeling far more postive about the whole experience . .Fair enough, clubbing may well be off the agenda which is a shame but for me thats only a couple of nights of the hols even now (I'm getting old you know). The bars will still be available and the beaches.

You got me smiling.

However, just in case I'm going to Ibiza twice this year . . . :D

a wonderful family that I met who were across from where I was staying @ Jet apartments..

The Chalks from Bath England! great people!!
162_IBIZA-SHOW.jpg

Ibiza definitely is for families!

we've been to ibiza twice in the last 3 years with our 4 kids and they loved in especially in san an bay ,everything there is geared towards the family,me and my wife wanted to book for 2004 in the riviera in san an bay,but our eldest who is thirteen complaned..."we've been to ibiza twice can't we go someplace else" so we've actually booked to go to benelmedena i hope its really boring ,so i can say see i told u so to the kids.

might get to the white isle in september just me and the wife(although i did promise this to her last year and then wouldn't go and leave the kids behind ...i feel so guilty leaving them to my cousin and school while i'm enjoying myself)

bigboykarl said:
we've been to ibiza twice in the last 3 years with our 4 kids and they loved in especially in san an bay ,everything there is geared towards the family,me and my wife wanted to book for 2004 in the riviera in san an bay,but our eldest who is thirteen complaned..."we've been to ibiza twice can't we go someplace else" so we've actually booked to go to benelmedena i hope its really boring ,so i can say see i told u so to the kids.

might get to the white isle in september just me and the wife(although i did promise this to her last year and then wouldn't go and leave the kids behind ...i feel so guilty leaving them to my cousin and school while i'm enjoying myself)

dont want to put a downer on your holls to benelmedena mate but we went
there about 5 years ago and thought it was nothing but a concrete jungle
and it ponged didnt see much to do for kids either i think 2 days there and they might of wished you chose ibiza again,but saying that it might have changed since then"HAVE A GOOD ONE"

well so be it i warned them............

i don't think we'll be that bad though,we're going in a first choice all inclusive brand new holiday village with a beach club with 9 pools and 8 jacuzzis.it only opens in may so everything will be brand new.....still i'd rather be going to ibiza

bigboykarl said:
well so be it i warned them............

i don't think we'll be that bad though,we're going in a first choice all inclusive brand new holiday village with a beach club with 9 pools and 8 jacuzzis.it only opens in may so everything will be brand new.....still i'd rather be going to ibiza

At least you can look at your 13 year old with the "Where would you rather be?" look in your eyes!

Ahh 13 year olds .. dont ya love em!?

[quote="*SaffyAhh 13 year olds .. dont ya love em!?[/quote]

no, they're nearly as bad as 43 year olds.

djb

Back