Taking Someone to Ibiza for the First Time

Jet Set Willie

Hi Everyone. First post on the forum although I have been reading for ages.

Booked up for 30th of August for 10 days, going with 8 mates (boys and girls)

I’ve been out 3 times and the rest of the group have been a good few times too. My girlfriend however has never been out so I want to make sure she gets the absolute best Ibiza experience out of her 10 days.

The last time I was out was 2004 and that was only a long weekend so I am well out of touch with the island.

I hope to squeeze in 4 big clubbing nights but not sure which.

I would say Amnesia, Space and Pacha are must-see venues for her first and probably only time on the island. Would you agree with that? What nights would you recommend to ensure she gets a proper Balearic, Ibiza experience? Also have been reading about loads of smaller clubs like Blu, Boho, Underground and the new one at the old Garbi Disco. Which ones would you recommend?

What is the situation with daytime partying? Does it exist in any form?

Will Cocoon be unbelievably busy on our second Monday 7 September?

Finally are there any beach bars you’d recommend? Used to love Bora Bora but have heard its not what it used to be.

Sorry for so many questions, so excited though.

Thanks for any info people.

Im in the same situation.My 5th time on 15th August but I havent been since 2006.And it will be my girlfriends first time. Couple of my mates just got back and said its still amazing.Ok Bora Bora and Space dont get going till 4oclock but I never used to go down there on a sunday until 4 anyway so nothing will change there for me.And the Sun doesnt go down until 8 so you have got 4 hours of daytime partying. Gala Night seems the next best thing to daytime partying now.Channel Zoo or Zoo project. Just go the same places you went when you had a boss time. We are going for a week and were going to Weluv Sunday, Cocoon Monday, Channel zoo wednesday and cream Thursday. Cant go wrong there!

I cant WAIT!

I’ve been out 3 times and the rest of the group have been a good few times too. My girlfriend however has never been out so I want to make sure she gets the absolute best Ibiza experience out of her 10 days.

The last time I was out was 2004 and that was only a long weekend so I am well out of touch with the island.

I would say Amnesia, Space and Pacha are must-see venues for her first and probably only time on the island. Would you agree with that? What nights would you recommend to ensure she gets a proper Balearic, Ibiza experience? Also have been reading about loads of smaller clubs like Blu, Boho, Underground and the new one at the old Garbi Disco. Which ones would you recommend?

Finally are there any beach bars you’d recommend? Used to love Bora Bora but have heard its not what it used to be.

!
Can I just say what a lovely thoughtful boyfriend you are :)

Hi Jet Set Willie.

Not sure where you are staying and also your flight times??

But if possible, I'd head straight into 'We Love' at Space when you arrive on Sunday, as you will miss that with your return the following week. I've checked on Space's website and the opening time is 16:30, running tol 06:00.

A lot then depends on what music you like! I have never been to Amnesia, so I can't really comment. I have always been tempted, but a little put off in case it is too Techno like (I may have that wrong, but that's just the impression I get) - Everyone always mentions Mondays at Amnesia, but I may be tempted for Armada\Release Yourself on Tuesdays or more probable, teh Cream night on Thursday if i were to try it??! Thursday looks like a top line up! IMO

If I went to Amnesia on Thursday, then I'd fancy Pacha on Wed - Subliminal or Sat - Defected. Friday at El Divinio may prove to be a good funcky house night with the Fierce Angel crew (from the guy who built up Hed Kandi - Something like that))

I've never made it to KM5 yet for somewhere cool & trendy for a nice meal - but i've always wanted to. You could give that a try on Monday or Tuesday for one of your clubbing nights off.

If you like your daytime clubbing, then everyone is going on about the Zoo project on Saturdays, though personally I'm not sure I fancy daytime clubbing. I'd sooner save myself for a big Saturday night.

Hope this helps.

ps, we are out there Aug 28th - 31st on a stag do. We are planning on Fri 28th - Eden Wonderland (Pete Tongy) with guest - Fatboy Slim, Saturday - Defected, then Sunday - Space. That's the rough plan so far, but if things get messy who knows?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone

Had a quick scan through the thread but no read it properly cos am in work.

I am going to Ibiza for the first time 25th July for a week with 7 other girls, we are staying in the Bahia.

There is so much on to cram into a week!?! Can you give me some recommendations of were you think we should go, please J x

Back