sxm festival

FYI - this SXM Festival in St. Martin is back on for March 14-17 2019, apparently early-bird booking ended in June.

Wifey informed me over the weekend, that the very next week here in the Caribbean "Jamaica Frenzy" will be feature her favorites (Louie & Anane Vega). It is a bit of a pain in the ass to get there from here, so SXM is a bit more realistic for us. I would have to fly up to the US and back down again to get to Jamaica, but there are possibilities for a direct 1hr flight from St. Thomas to St. Martin. Anyway, the main problem is what to do with the littles!!!

My schemey brain is thinking might be cheaper to have Louie fly here and play for a night than go to Ibiza next year (or even SXM). I am good 20+ year friends with a beach bar operator and his landlord, so maybe even turn a small profit! I wonder how much a one-off with a DJ of his caliber would run?

Not bad. Maybe one day when the boys are big enough to leave home or I stop spending my cabbage on IBZ.

Interested to see what Cercle does with the festival, visually.

Looks like they were able to complete 4 out of 5 days before the island shut them down, yesterday.
Yes, but most of international DJs canceled and if not it was pretty quiet (it looked more like a party, than a fest...)

It's a shame that fest (owned by a french canadien well know here in Montreal as a club owner) was clearly on the rise (way before and ahead of Tulum) before a hurricane in 2017 and now the Coronavirus ruined it!

Back