swine flu/nhs line

jjinit

well folks, having just run through a series of very formatted questions with some bloke in a call centre, I've just got my authorisation no for some antivirals and no doubt been added to the national stats as another victim of the pandemic. Im not doubting i have flu of some sort, I have felt like a bag of crap since Friday,but how can they be sure its swine flu, my guess is that half the people diagnosed dont actually have swine flu.

I only caled btw due to protocol at work!!

well folks, having just run through a series of very formatted questions with some bloke in a call centre, I've just got my authorisation no for some antivirals and no doubt been added to the national stats as another victim of the pandemic. Im not doubting i have flu of some sort, I have felt like a bag of crap since Friday,but how can they be sure its swine flu, my guess is that half the people diagnosed dont actually have swine flu.

I only caled btw due to protocol at work!!

haha, I had a similar experience.

As my wife is pregnant, i was told to ring this line to make sure i didn't have Swine Flu, when i developed a cold.

The format of the questions woukld mean that it's very ****ing hard not to be classified as having swine flu.

i got my tamiflu and put them in the cupboard in case i really need them in future.:lol:

tamiflu isn't proven to work for swine flu - Channel 4 News ran a report on this last week, some of the Roche research was allegedly a bit flimsy... :confused:

I've heard it's not very effective, hence why im not collecting it. Looks like a few days of lemsips and crap telly for me.

I hear bad things about Tamiflu, a lady at work said she was very ill after taking them. She also didnt think she had swine flu but took them anyway to be safe. I reckon just lots of rest and lemsips will sort you out :lol:

Why anyone would take that **** is beyond me.

yeah tamiflu is dodgy crap and should be avoided!

wher as ecstasy, ghb, ketamine all perfectly safe, tested and from licenced manufacturers/distributors!!!

you sound like my mother in law, who informed me that she wasnt using anything anymore that contanied nasty, carcinogenic aspartame........whilst pulling on a silk cut!!

I expected this to the joke about ringing the swine flu line and just getting crackling JJ!

yeah tamiflu is dodgy crap and should be avoided!

wher as ecstasy, ghb, ketamine all perfectly safe, tested and from licenced manufacturers/distributors!!!

you sound like my mother in law, who informed me that she wasnt using anything anymore that contanied nasty, carcinogenic aspartame........whilst pulling on a silk cut!!

:lol:

It's a risk - and one I'm willing to take - but not one I'm about to carry over to man flu despite what pharma companies tell me is good for me.

If you want to nurse yourself back to health with a placebo or trust that these pharma companies aren't out for a fast buck then get a job lot in. I'd stock up on canned food and bottled water too and bolt the doors. It may be a plague after all.

Wrap out warm out there - you might catch your death. ;) (basically if you take it it'll be your mother in law vs my grandma)

Back