Swine Flu Jab

jjinit

Hello everyone.

Got a letter from our GP yesterday offering us the swine flu jab for our little one. My initial reaction is to turn it down, however I thought I would throw it out to the learned members of the board before I make the final choice, so I'm looking for comment, experience, any inside knowledge? She was REALLY ill just after christmas with a virus of sorts, which could have been swine flu,or could have been just normal flu. So she may already have her own resistance in place, however should it mutate I believe you can ger infected again.

Over to you lot then.

Hello everyone.

Got a letter from our GP yesterday offering us the swine flu jab for our little one. My initial reaction is to turn it down, however I thought I would throw it out to the learned members of the board before I make the final choice, so I'm looking for comment, experience, any inside knowledge? She was REALLY ill just after christmas with a virus of sorts, which could have been swine flu,or could have been just normal flu. So she may already have her own resistance in place, however should it mutate I believe you can ger infected again.

Over to you lot then.

up to you, depends if you fall for the scaremongering.

nearly all the people have had 'underlying health problems' who have died. you know her better than anyone mate, so up to you to make that call.

i cant remember there being such hysteria when i was a child.

This is a democracy but it's a big NO from me.

You should not be motivated by fear to fill the pockets of pharma companies.

Whatever you choose to do it's right though - don't want to accuse anyone of bad parenting! ;)

This is a democracy but it's a big NO from me.

You should not be motivated by fear to fill the pockets of pharma companies.
Easy to say.... until you come down with swine flu and pull through it just fine but in the process spread it to someone else who dies :rolleyes:

Swine flu may not be the widescale killer everyone feared, but it can be particularly nasty as i personally experienced.

I wouldn't want my either of my little ones to go through the same illness.

I think there's more scaremongering coming from the usual conspiracy theorists than anywhere else :rolleyes:

Imo all this swine flu is just a hype...The common flu has killed more people.

God knows what kind of political,financial, and manipulative plans are hidden behind.

Back