Swapped Ibiza for Zante!!

sm4sh

For the past 2 years i have been to San An and loved every minute of it!!
This year we fancied a changed and so are heading off to Zante.

But now i feel that i am going to miss Ibiza with all its super clubs, DJ's, Sun set cafe's and everything else Ibiza has to offer.

Can someone tell me what i can expect from Laganas, Zante.

Will it help cure my need for Ibiza until next summer???

:spank:

Laganas is like San Antonio's west end at it's very worst,but without the buildings,variety, or charming odd little corners. Like Malia,Kavos,Faliraki etc,it is an annexe for teenagers.

Having said that,the beach is super,as is the island and the people. that goes for the other places also.

Im hitting up Ibiza for the first time in July and i can already tell you Zante has NOTHING on Ibiza...

I even prefer Malia to Zante....Zante is errr tame to say the least :spank:

Can someone tell me what i can expect from Laganas, Zante.

Will it help cure my need for Ibiza until next summer???

:spank:

I went there when i was about 20 (8yrs ago) we stayed in the quieter resort round the bay from it. Thank god we did. It was fun chasing birds and gettin totally spannerd but looking back it was pretty dire. Atmosphere was abit lairy , awful music , kids trying to get money off you. Ive been to Faliraki and it was on a par certainly.

That said we had a good time at that age and have some funny memories but i would never go back.

Ive never been to the west end at night / in full swing so cant really compare

I've been to Laganas twice. 1st time I loved it, the 2nd time (being a bit older) I hated it - few people over the age of 18, chart-dance music in every bar and club. Not even the equivalent of, say, a Hush. (If you like Rihanna and BEP's, you'll probably be okay...) I think the first time they had some nice little tavernas on the outskirts, but they must have got bulldozed by my return.

I've also stayed in one of the quieter resorts from which I did couple of trips to Zante Town. It was quiet, but not bad for a last bit of sun in late October. 8)

Still, you can look forward to the food (all sorts of nice lamb dishes and kebabs) and scenery. The mountain backdrop to Laganas is stunning and if you walk just 5 minutes off Laganas main strip you'll be pretty much out in the country.

Dont know if im the only one who thinks this but i think with Ibiza, it seems once you have been there and done it, no other place like Zante, Malia, Napa compares :?: thats what i have heard from manier people...

Saying that though, you just have to try all these diff locations out, all people prefer diff things....but for me Zante was a bit pants....

Did however love Rescue and the club / bar at the bottom of the strip opposite cherry bay, think it was called Waikaki or something like that...

At the end of the day a holiday is what you and your mates make it....either way im sure youl have a blast regardless :D

As above, good if you're 18-20 wanting to pump birds or a bird wanting to be pumped. Its like any other youth holiday resort, basically where somewhere like the west end in ibiza is your best and only option.

You're better getting all the other places out the road first, magaluf, falaraki, zante ayia napa etc before Ibiza because if you are at all interested in music / clubbing then it wins hands down.

As above, good if you're 18-20 wanting to pump birds or a bird wanting to be pumped. Its like any other youth holiday resort, basically where somewhere like the west end in ibiza is your best and only option.

You're better getting all the other places out the road first, magaluf, falaraki, zante ayia napa etc before Ibiza because if you are at all interested in music / clubbing then it wins hands down.

100% Agree 8)

I reckon I could go for a few nights, like a stag do or something but I couldnt do a 1 or 2 week holiday there. You'll enjoy yourself, don't let us get you down about your holiday! End of the day you're still going away with you're mates but after going to ibiza you might find it gets boring quickly with it having much less to offer.

yeah i could def go back for a few nights with the boys to act like we were 19 again , im sure we'd have a good laugh but anything longer i dont think i could stand personally

I went there when i was about 20 (8yrs ago) we stayed in the quieter resort round the bay from it. Thank god we did. It was fun chasing birds and gettin totally spannerd but looking back it was pretty dire. Atmosphere was abit lairy , awful music , kids trying to get money off you. Ive been to Faliraki and it was on a par certainly.

That said we had a good time at that age and have some funny memories but i would never go back.

Ive never been to the west end at night / in full swing so cant really compare

Did you stay in Kalamaki?

We went to Kalamaki a few years ago (couples holiday), it was lovely, its the next town along from Laganas - we walked along our beach into Laganas one day and it looked like every typical "lads/girls abroad" holiday place.

I think if you are after a typical type of holiday like that, more to have a laugh with your mates then anything else then it will be great. But yeah its not going to be Ibiza.

Also agree. Ive done Falariki & Malia.

Completely different holidays to Ibiza.

We made the mistake of going into San An a few nights - I hated it. Just becasue all that "drink for one euro" you can pretty much do anywhere.

Thats the one! we were in a quiet little hotel away from the main road. There wasnt alot there from what I remember. We went up for some drinks at the castle thing was quite nice there

Dont know if im the only one who thinks this but i think with Ibiza, it seems once you have been there and done it, no other place like Zante, Malia, Napa compares :?: thats what i have heard from manier people...

This is true. Perhaps I disliked Laganas partly because it wasn't Ibiza? Also went to Benalmadena and thought that was just okay. We're off to Majorca this year (99% certain), but we'll be staying in Palma rather than Shagaluf and am expecting a decent holiday. 8) I'm at the age where 'just' a beach holiday does nothing for me - there needs to be added value in terms of clubbing/music or *some* local culture.

Thats the one! we were in a quiet little hotel away from the main road. There wasnt alot there from what I remember. We went up for some drinks at the castle thing was quite nice there

Do you mean the Cave bar?

You are right, as holidays go it was quite basic, just a road of restaurants and bars, but quite chilled and relaxed. Not full of hooligans :lol:

Back