Danny Howells
Nic Fanciulli

Arena 3: Hosted by Serious, Heat & The Gallery
Judge Jules
Mauro Picotto
Tall Paul
Fergie
Matt Hardwick

As our e-mail conversation the other day Ferd :lol: without wanting to pi$$ on anyone's fire I do think these mini-London festivals look better on paper than in real life, the line-up looks pretty good for £25 or whatever it is but from when I've been before:

1. The DJs will play about 60 min sets max (and that's if you're lucky :lol: )
2. The sound is rubbish on the outdoor stage :evil:
3. Therefore everyone crams in the tents so they're completely rammed and like a sweat box :rolleyes:
4. The crowd is very 'civillised' - we used it as an excuse to get on it at midday on a Saturday but when we got there half the people were milling around having picnics on Clapham Common :lol:
5. They finish at silly o'clock and then 20,000 people are piled onto the streets of Clapham trying to get to club/home

Errr but other than that they're a delightful way to spend a summers day in London :lol: ;)

Barbie said:
5. They finish at silly o'clock and then 20,000 people are piled onto the streets of Clapham trying to get to club/home

And you can't say it wasn't fun walking back to Balham, via a quick roll about in a skip! :lol:

I'm going again this year.

Barbie said:
As our e-mail conversation the other day Ferd :lol: without wanting to pi$$ on anyone's fire I do think these mini-London festivals look better on paper than in real life, the line-up looks pretty good for £25 or whatever it is but from when I've been before:

3. Therefore everyone crams in the tents so they're completely rammed and like a sweat box :rolleyes:
4. The crowd is very 'civillised' - we used it as an excuse to get on it at midday on a Saturday but when we got there half the people were milling around having picnics on Clapham Common :lol:

Errr but other than that they're a delightful way to spend a summers day in London :lol: ;)

Aren't we like a wet weekend!! :lol: just kidding!

Missed last years as was in Ibiza and same this year!

we went to a mates falt who conveniently lives by the common for a quick freshen up and then ended up a the fridge in brixton

Quality day and night all round

Lukes said:
Aren't we like a wet weekend!! :lol: just kidding!

Missed last years as was in Ibiza and same this year!

Just managing people's expectations if they haven't been before ;)

Nah they're ok and it's nice to have a mini-festival on your doorstep in London Town but they are a lot better in theory than in practice.

I still might go anyway :lol:

Holly G said:
And you can't say it wasn't fun walking back to Balham, via a quick roll about in a skip! :lol:

PMSL, I'd forgotten about rolling around in the skip with Shirley the Sheep :lol:

Barbie said:

Nicely summarised Miss B. ;)

Was the sound any better at Lovebox last year? Only asking cause its virtually in my back garden so might pop along to this years despite my outside London clubbing reservations :lol:

Scoobie said:
Nicely summarised Miss B. ;)

Was the sound any better at Lovebox last year? Only asking cause its virtually in my back garden so might pop along to this years despite my outside London clubbing reservations :lol:

Lovebox seemed to be better sound and better crowd..........but then again we didn't move from the secretsundaze tent all day as I wouldn't have been responsible for my actions if I head GA play Superstylin' :twisted: :lol:

Barbie said:

Sar, did you go to the first one in 2004??:confused:

i actually thought it was ace when i went in 04. on the mainstage, morillo played 12/1-4, then x-press2 4-7 and then sasha till close. it wasn't really that busy+you could get near the stage/soundsytem so sound quality was ok. tix were £18, which you can pay sometimes just to see erick or sasha alone.

agree about both start and finish times, at 12/1 all you non-parents are just waking up on a saturday:lol: and by 10/11, you're ready to carry on.

they've obviously put a load of effort into making it bigger/better/more profitable since the original, which was actually rather good:D. outdfoor daytime clubbing is cool8) 8)

grego said:
Sar, did you go to the first one in 2004??:confused:

i actually thought it was ace when i went in 04. on the mainstage, morillo played 12/1-4, then x-press2 4-7 and then sasha till close. it wasn't really that busy+you could get near the stage/soundsytem so sound quality was ok. tix were £18, which you can pay sometimes just to see erick or sasha alone.

agree about both start and finish times, at 12/1 all you non-parents are just waking up on a saturday:lol: and by 10/11, you're ready to carry on.

they've obviously put a load of effort into making it bigger/better/more profitable since the original, which was actually rather good:D. outdfoor daytime clubbing is cool8) 8)

Yay we went in 2004, we all found the sound rubbish on the outside stage , to the point that we were right near the front and we could hear people having conversations next to us :rolleyes: I seem to remember the Bora Bora tent being a bit of an anti-climax as well. The best bit was Tall Paul's set in one of the tents.

I think I was just expecting some full-on festival in the vein of Tribal Gathering/Homelands etc and it was more like a civilised day out in the park :lol: I'm obviously just not very good at doing civilised :lol:

Despite what I said I've always enjoyed myself at these mini-festivals but that's been more about the company and having a random day out in the park as opposed to the DJs/line-up/music/etc.

Buckley said:
Many a true word.....

Yes, I'm sure we've had a discussion about the good people of Clapham before. :lol:

Babs, I can't think of anything less civilised than the state of you on arrival at Get Loaded last year. :eek: :lol:

Holly G said:
Babs, I can't think of anything less civilised than the state of you on arrival at Get Loaded last year. :eek: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly, that's why I don't fit in at these civilised get togethers :lol:

We went in 2004, wasn't very impressed, sound system was awful. Plus it finished at around 11.30pm!

Here is a picture from the BoraBora tent :eek:

yes%20please%20go%20away.jpg

Holly G said:
Yes, I'm sure we've had a discussion about the good people of Clapham before. :lol:

That's pronounced Cl'am Shirley?

*Buckers remembers that his Clapham overgrown students has indeed graced these boards previously*

Back