Sven's out

:lol: sorry.

i thought this season heralded a new dawn?

i thought City played with a bit more consistency this year than last, surely losing Richards for a fair portion has highlighted the fact youve got bugger all depth in the squad.... which leads me to think, why didn't the chairman dip into his pockets in Jan?

craziness.

best ever prem finish. Sven said in July we'll target a top 10 finish, which he has achieved. Ok the wheels felll off a bit in the 2nd half of the season but to be honest, we were in a false position pre xmas, we had to have a bit of a bad run to even things out, we knew were not a top 5 side.

worrying thing now is who's next and for how long? we cant keep getting people in, throwing a load of cash at them and then sacking them after 10 months because they havent delivered a load of silverware, the job at City, ie to make us a top 5 side and challenging for honours is at least 3 seasons, the key to success in this league is stabilty at the helm and whos going to want to come and do the job with fookin kim jong and his twitchy finger forever poised over the nuclear button!!!:evil:

i heard that about the 3 year plan

year 1 - top half
year 2 - europe
year 3 - league/CL

surely he was well on course then - give him a season to bring players in, identify the deadwood and build

never mind - Steve McLaren is avaliable

i heard that about the 3 year plan

year 1 - top half
year 2 - europe
year 3 - league/CL

surely he was well on course then - give him a season to bring players in, identify the deadwood and build

never mind - Steve McLaren is avaliable

or big sam :spank::evil::lol:

(you gotta laugh otherwise it would be unbearable)

even as a united fan i can't see the logic in getting rid of him :confused:!

he could (and was in many ways) do good things for the club.

everyone is right, and this rhetoric is reverberating around the football world, but Thaksin is palying real-life "premier manager" and wants quick success!! :spank:

Well you'd hope if this is so well thought out by Mr Shinawatra that he's got a cracking replacement lined-up otherwise Richards and Johnson will be hot-footing it too! I hope so for City's sake and the fans! What an absolute pillock!

I add my voice. The phrase 'up in arms' does not even get close to the City fans in the office.

Does he think someone else would have got them champions league - incredible.

Outragous really but i'm sure
Sven won't mind another huge payout!
yes - 2008 will be huge (again) for sven:

9k2dd5.jpg

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been told he will be sacked as Manchester City manager at the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.
City owner Thaksin Shinawatra told Eriksson he was "not the right man for the job" at a meeting on Sunday, a source close to the manager said.
Eriksson informed the players at training on Monday that he would be dismissed, provoking an angry response.
The Swede, who has two years left on his contract, says he will not resign.
Shinawatra has been unhappy with City's results since the turn of the year.
The Thai billionaire was at the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday to watch his team throw away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 against Fulham.

Afterwards, he held a meeting with Eriksson and told him he would be dismissed after their final two games of the season.
"Sven reacted calmly, as usual, but he was very surprised and disappointed," the source told BBC Sport.
"He doesn't want to leave the club and will not resign. He loves working with the players and his work at Manchester City has only just begun."
The club is refusing to comment on the story but Eriksson's assistant, Tord Grip, told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that he expected them to leave City at the end of the season.
good enough job", said Grip.
"Sven will receive new offers soon I'm sure."
Eriksson took over as City manager five weeks before the start of the season and the team occupied third spot in the Premiership in November.
However, their form has faltered badly since Christmas and they now lie ninth, having won just four of their last 15 games.
"The team has not been playing as well as it should have or getting the right results since Christmas," said the source.
"But overall it has been a good season. Thaksin agreed a five-year plan with Sven in the summer and the target for the first year was to finish in the top 10."
o.gif

Shinawatra bankrolled eight summer signings at a cost of more than £46m shortly after buying the club, but BBC Sport understands he has had no direct contact with Eriksson in the second half of the season.
"They met several times personally at the start of the season and then nothing," said the source.
"Sven has had a list of players he wants to sign next summer for several weeks, but he hasn't been able to get the go-ahead to get them.
"He talks to (City chief executive) Alistair Macintosh, but things break down when he then goes to the chairman."
The City players are understood to have reacted with a mixture of shock and anger when Eriksson told them he would be leaving.
Last week, City defender Micah Richards said in his BBC Sport website column that the players were "100% behind" Eriksson.
"I think it is crazy that his job is even being talked about as being in danger - he has been good for everyone at City," said Richards.
Shinawatra will now set about the task of landing a new manager, with Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari already touted as a replacement for Eriksson.
It seems certain that any new manager will have a considerable amount of money to spend in the summer.
Shinawatra has hundreds of millions of pounds worth of assets in Thailand frozen as he awaits trial on corruption charges later this year. Yet his former lawyer, Noppadom Pattama, who is now Thailand's foreign minister, told BBC Sport that he expected these assets to be "unfrozen in the near future".

Back