Sushi

Ah.... sushi

Sushi = National dish of Moscow

There are about 8 places that serve it within a 10 minute walk of my apartment.
About the same number within 10 minutes walk of my office.
Many of the above are open 24 hours.
Even non-sushi restaurants (could be Italian, German, whatever) here will have a sushi menu on the side.
The ladies love it. One reason they're all so skinny here :lol:

Found it weird at first but a full convert now. We have it at work uqite often. Normally go to Itsu in london. Theres a place off carnaby street called Don Zoko which is supposed to be paricularly good. Yo! sushi is really not that good which is a shame as its opposite the office

Don't fancy sushi, but will eat smoked salmon and the various spanish hams which technically aren't cooked.

If steak hasn't got blood squirting from it, then it's ruined. Prefer my lamb and venison that way too. :twisted:

Best eaten off the back of a hostess btw, i'm told.
A promoter friend of mine organized a naked sushi party once. :D
I'm not sure if the photo gallery is open-access but if it is there are pics here: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=96226&id=533748044
(I missed it :( Was out of town or something...)

Yo! sushi is really not that good which is a shame as its opposite the office
Yo is pretty bad. There's one near Fulham Bdwy I've been to a couple of times.
I've not had much great sushi in W. Europe. Best was in Hawaii and NYC.

FOR THE LAST TIME SUSHI IS NOT RAW FISH

sashimi is raw fish
:lol:
Wrong!

Sashimi and sushi use the same fish.

Sashimi is just the fish.
Ngiri sushi is when you put those pieces of fish on little balls of rice
Maki sushi is when you roll those pieces of fish in rice and seaweed.

Certain types of sushi are not raw. Eel & shrimp, for example, are served cooked.

i dont think the word sushi by definition has to include raw fish or indeed fish.
you can have veggie maki rolls etc

:lol:
Wrong!

Sashimi and sushi use the same fish.

Sashimi is just the fish.
Ngiri sushi is when you put those pieces of fish on little balls of rice
Maki sushi is when you roll those pieces of fish in rice and seaweed.

Certain types of sushi are not raw. Eel & shrimp, for example, are served cooked.

WRONG! as Minimarc said u can have vegetarian sushi, chicken sushi cooked fish sushi etc etc you can have sushi with raw fish but sushi is the term for the rolls of rice and seaweed with something in it which could be anything!

I think a lot of those things (chicken sushi?) have been adapted in the West :lol:

But you said sushi is not raw fish. That's wrong. Much of it involves raw fish. But yes, not all of it (as I said quite clearly!!)

Shrimp sashimi isn't raw either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course some new toppings have been adapted in the west but the fact of the matter is sushi means rice and seaweed rolled with some ingredient whether it be raw or not. Sashimi is raw sliced fish

and if shrimp sashimi is as it says then its raw

Hmm... Fair enough.

I've had what was labeled as shrimp sashimi that was cooked... and at some pretty fancy restaurants too! Probably not allowed to serve it raw due to health & safety...

I'm not sure but all I know is that sushi is my world! ... apart from my family and music ...I think a lot of people are scared to go to Japanese restaraunts for fear of being presented with a slab of what looks like a character from finding nemo :lol:

I had some last night :lol:
As noted above, you can't live in Moscow without eating it regularly.
I'm a big fan of the tuna & eel, whether as ngiri, maki or sashimi (except eel on the latter ;))

Back