Sushi

Beckiboo

Does anyone actually like Sushi? Someone in work has left a load of it in our work kitchen, leftovers from a meeting. It just looks like big lumps of grey slimey fish :confused:

YUK!

Beckiboo said:
Does anyone actually like Sushi? Someone in work has left a load of it in our work kitchen, leftovers from a meeting. It just looks like big lumps of grey slimey fish :confused:

YUK!

Mmm I love sushi :D

Barbie said:
Beckiboo said:

YUK!

Mmm I love sushi :D

Doesn't it put you off, the fact that it is slimey, scaly, uncooked, smelly fish?

Beckiboo said:
Doesn't it put you off, the fact that it is slimey, scaly, uncooked, smelly fish?

Errrr no :lol:

It's just like you can eat meat and I could never bring myself to eat cow or sheep or dog or whatever but eating fish doesn't bother me.

I like it, even though I find it a little bland.

*pedant's hat on*

And it's actually the rice that's the sushi, raw fish is sashimi ;) :p

It's just like you can eat meat and I could never bring myself to eat cow or sheep or dog or whatever but eating fish doesn't bother me.

But that's DIFFERENT! A nice tasty cooked leg of lamb, Bisto gravy, mint sauce over the top *slurp* ;)

Cold, grey slimy fish :confused: YUK!

Beckiboo said:
But that's DIFFERENT! A nice tasty cooked leg of lamb, Bisto gravy, mint sauce over the top *slurp* ;)

Bec I worked in a meat factory tho and I saw what they did with the meat, that's why I'd never eat meat again :evil: Cos my career hasn't reached the heady heights of a fish factory yet :lol: I don't think what I'm eating.

sushi.jpg

What kinda crazy people eat this stuff :eek: ;) :lol:

Right I'm off to buy some lunch, a nice British Cheese and Pickle Roll methinks!

I love sushi :D

I love fish and shellfish, I don't bother if it's un-cooked.
I don't do meat if it's not from bio shops or from few restaruants that I know are ecological. I prefer being fish poisoned than getting hundreds of hormons with my steak

By the way, a year ago we saw a documentary on tv about chicken meat in the UK, it was totally disgusting and during months I couldn't think about eating chicken

I agree with Becki, give me a nice roast lamb/beef/pork dinner anyday over minging uncooked fish. It turns my stomach just thinking about it! :lol:

never never eat "mechanically processed meat"

example -
Premuim 100 % - waitrose .....
100 % meat - all meat prob ok quality... sainsburys
meat - they put water in it
processed meat - they cut the not so nice meat chop it and add fat ,eyes ,bone etc to it then make it into pretty shapes for us.

mechanically processed meat - after the premuim & 100 & the have taken the rank bits od meat they then hang the carcesses up on hooks then some dude walks around spraying the with a power hose of water. the water/crap is then put into a big vault the minging eyes ears noses knees etc are put in and it come out as slop- then cooked and put loads of flavouring on. <<<If you ever had "twisters" this is how they are made!!!!

gimmi a steak any day - although sushi does sound quite interesting

Sushi is yummy. A real fun dining environment also, if you are seated at the sushi bar. Apart from the usual stuff like spicy tuna rolls, yellow tuna and salmon, I love to special order funky stuff like salmon eggs, jellyfish, sea urchin, shrimps' (AKA prawn) heads, etc. If any one of y'all are in S.CA you must visit Gen Kai at Dana Point. Absolutely amazing sushi.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Beckiboo said:

Baby lamb. :cry:

Sushi is lovely - one of my favourite foods.

Sushi is my favourite food of all!! Tuna and salmon sashimi dipped in soy sauce mixed with extra wasabi ! spider maki!! om nom nom ..Raw fish tastes so fresh and good for you! Most sushi doesn't even have anything to do with raw fish, sometimes not even fish it's just seaweed and rice with whatever you fancy, people are just afraid of it.. get it down ya neck and keep ya eyes closed :D

Fresh sushi yum. sushi prepacked on a shelf, wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Had a tuna tataki at villa Mercedes and that was very very nice.

Back